Stupid Illinois Repulican Sen. Chris Lauzen

Old March 28th 04, 03:39 PM
Leland Milton Goldblatt PhD

Default Stupid Illinois Repulican Sen. Chris Lauzen

The state Senate voted 52-1 in favor of allowing mothers to
breast-feed their babies in any public or private place.

State Sen. Don Harmon, D-Oak Park, proposed the legislation after a
woman from his district complained that she was kicked out of a
fitness club for breast-feeding her child.

State Sen. Chris Lauzen, R-Aurora, was the lone dissenter.

The legislation is Senate bill 3211. It now moves to the House.

In debate Lauzen asked what would happen if a school principal asked a
mother to stop breast feeding because it was disprupting students.

The bill is to prevent women from sue for damage.

NOTE: ADDING SEIGLE REACT)
Comptroller hopeful files slander suit
By KRIS KUDENHOLDT

SPRINGFIELD, Ill., March 10 (UPI) - Republican comptroller hopeful
Chris Lauzen wants a judge to put a halt to the negative campaign ads
being run by his political opponent.

Lauzen, a state senator from Geneva, filed a $1 million lawsuit
against Harry Seigle, the East Dundee lumberyard owner who is
challenging him in the Republican primary for comptroller.

Seigle is using radio ads that claim a firm once run by Lauzen did
not pay its taxes. The ad claims that is proof that Lauzen is unfit to
hold public office.

Besides the money, Lauzen wants an injunction to prevent the ad from
airing in the future. He plans to file his lawsuit Wednesday in Kane
County Circuit Court.

Aides to Seigle, who has never held elective office but has been a
political fundraiser for both Democrats and Republicans, dismissed the
lawsuit as ``frivolous,'' noting Lauzen has been airing a critical
radio
ad that features a President Clinton impersonator who calls Seigle
``my
kind of Democrat, I mean Republican.''

Lauzen sees a difference.

``Sure politics is rough and tumble, and I'm used to it,'' Lauzen
said. ``But my opponent has now gone beyond the rough and tumble and
crossed the line.''

Lauzen said the statement about Lauzen's old firm and taxes was the
last straw in the radio ad, which also claims Lauzen ``opened the door
to more gambling in Illinois'' and ``isn't even qualified for State
Comptroller.''

He called Seigle ``callous and careless,'' and said he would pursue
the court action even if he wins the primary.

Lauzen said the firm mentioned in the Seigle ad was not closed for
not paying its taxes in 1991 and was not charged by the U.S.
Department
of Justice with deception trade practices, contrary to what the ad
claims.

``I have always paid my taxes,'' said Lauzen.
--

Copyright 1998 by United Press International.

All Rights Reserved.
--

Unfavorable views of Republican John Shimkus Illinois congressman as
a person have reached record levels. It seems fair to say that many

But some Americans will respond to upbeat messages, no matter how
unrealistic. And that may be enough for Mr. Shimkus beause while he
poses as someone above the fray, he is continuing to solidify his
base.

Conservative congressman John Shimkus is the dumbest congressman
Illinois has ever had. George Ryan has his cronies to prop him up.
.... Eventually he will crumble, things will go bad!!

Shalom,
---Prof. Leland Milton Goldblatt, Ph.D. ®
Reverend Chancellor Leland Milton Goldblatt Ph.D. ED.D. M.F.A, D.Div.
M.Theo . Copyright © 2004

http://www.prof.faithweb.com
http://drgoldblatt.blogspot.com/
Old March 28th 04, 07:58 PM
Leland Milton Goldblatt PhD

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.
-- John Stuart Mill

Another child killed in kincare Kane General 39 February 12th 04 06:55 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
| And again he barks........ Kane barks ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 9 December 9th 03 06:08 AM
(Illinois) Kids Count study finds high infant mortality rates in Coles, Edgar counties [email protected] General 1 June 28th 03 11:49 AM