Morgan is Here!! Wahoo!

Old March 31st 04, 05:54 PM
Mary W.

Default Morgan is Here!! Wahoo!

Carol Ann wrote:

Morgan was:

7lbs 7.76 oz (why don't they round up?)
19" long
March 24, 2004
6:13 am

Congratulations, she's lovely!

Mary

Old April 1st 04, 07:29 AM
CY

Gorgeous baby. Congratulations and update us more when you have time!!
"Carol Ann" wrote in message
First of all, thank you soooooooo much Dagny for calling me at the

hospital.
Your advice came in handy over the following days with regard to
breastfeeding. I unfortunately had to have my phone turned off by Friday
due to lack of sleep. I think they forgot to turn it back on.

Okay, so if you read what Dagny already wrote, you know that I was induced
on Tuesday following a high blood pressure and low amniotic fluid reading
and that by 5 am Wednesday I developed a fever and the baby's heartrate

was
over 160 for a long period of time so I was given a cesarean.

I have spent the last week (which feels more like a year) trying to adjust
to being a mother. I came home from the hospital on Saturday. Since

then,
it's been sleepless days and nights and sore nipples....and so much more.

I will write more later but I do want to say that after reading again

about
co-sleeping last nite, I bundled Morgan up and was able to sleep for 3
hours, wake up to change and feed her, sleep for 2 hours, wake up and feed
and change her and now........I woke up this morning and could actually
leave her on the bed, bundled and between the arc of a boppy pillow long
enough to actually go to the bathroom, wash my face, put my make up

on...and
she is still asleep! I'm now on the computer and she is still sleeping.

Wow!! Can't wait until I figure out how I can leave her there long enough
to bathe. I'm scared she will somehow smother herself, even though she is
bundled and has no other blankets around her.

Co sleeping is the only way to go (at least for now). Both of us were not
traumatized by trying to figure out what we need. It also seems that now
when I leave her she is secure enough not to cry to be held. Could be
because of our co sleeping, or perhaps I got her body temperature right?

I will be happy to share my experience later with the epidural leaking
(causing me to FEEL the contractions), c-section operation (who knew they
got ON TOP of you to push the baby down?), bloodclotting and/or bladder
spasm pains (think electric shocks straight into your vagina),

breastfeeding
experience so far....when I have more time.

Morgan was:

7lbs 7.76 oz (why don't they round up?)
19" long
March 24, 2004
6:13 am

I am so happy. It's amazing. Morgan's godmother took some pictures of

her
Monday.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bestinatlanta

I am looking more like myself now. I have actually dropped 20lbs and am
down to 175. I only have 50 more to go. Yippee!! (Baby steps!)

Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate your advice, care and

friendship!!

Now, who else had their babies since March 23rd? How's Nikki? Did she

have
her bundle of joy? Time to catch up on my newsgroup posts!!

~Carol Ann

Old April 1st 04, 04:16 PM
Dagny

She really is such a pretty baby!!!!

I always just left Meg where she was -- not buffered by pillows. I wasn't
worried about her rolling off anything (grin) she couldn't move well enough!
Now at 5.5 mos -- she is just starting to end up in places not where I left
her by a foot or so. I bought a bed rail for my side of the bed and when
she is napping alone, she naps on my side of the bed. She'd have to go
pretty far to fall off the other side. When I took a bath - I either bathed
with her or put her in the vibrating rocker next to the tub while I bathed.
Nowadays I catch a bath by myself some mornings while she naps, and then
take a bath with her in the evenings before she goes to bed.

Oh, isn't cosleeping wonderful! It's so snuggly. Although the last week or
so, Meg's goal has been to injure my boobs with her feet as much as
possible -- I do get a bit frustrated and keep pushing her over to daddy at
3am so he can try to put her back to sleep and my boobs can be safe for a
few minutes. It doesn't work, but I like to think one day it will.

-- Dagny
Meg's mom 10/03