What's in your Diaper Bag?

Old April 29th 04, 06:30 AM
Hoister

Default What's in your Diaper Bag?

Hi everyone,

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

Any other general diaper bag comments will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!!!
Old April 29th 04, 08:12 AM
cara

Hoister wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

Any other general diaper bag comments will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!!!

I prefer backpacks to bags, as a backpack is easier for me to manage with
other things. I carry diapers, wipes and a change of onesie for the baby,
snacks and a sippy cup for, a few books or activity books for my 4 year
old, and thats about it for kids. For me I have my wallet, cell phone and
keys. I think one with an external pocket for my things, and then a few
compartments inside the bag would be ideal. I'm actually shopping for a
backpack now, if anyone has any suggestions...I had a Kelty kids one but
after many trips to the beach the zippers aren't working well and its
ripping in a few seams.

cara

Old April 29th 04, 08:39 AM
A&G&K

"Hoister" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?

old conference satchel with plenty of pockets and lots of room (much cheaper
and much more useful than a nappy bag). Since I breastfed DD there was no
need for an insulated bag or bottles / formula etc.

- what items do you carry for yourself?

a drink of water

- what are your essentials for your child?

change mat, spare nappies, wipes, spare clothes, sippy cup of water and a
healthy snack.

- what other items do you carry?

small amount of change

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 29th 04, 09:19 AM
CrystalRGarcia74

Subject: What's in your Diaper Bag?
From: cara
Date: 4/29/2004 12:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time
Hoister wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

Any other general diaper bag comments will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!!!

Awww bags!! I just got a new diaper bag made by Coach last week and I love
it!! Before that I had one made by Burberry. (Got it from my baby shower from
a girlfriend) I think of my diaper bags like if they were my purse. I have
tons of purses but I don't really see the point in having to carry both. DH
even has his own diaper bag that his mother bought it called the Dad Bag, I
think that is made by Jack Spade I am not to sure. But he could care less he
has thrown things in a plastic grocery bag! Which always embarrasses me. As
far as what I carry well of course diapers, bottles with cool covers on them
since it gets anywhere from 100 to 120 degrees here in AZ doesn't take long at
all to warm up. Nursing pads just in case wipes, binky, a onesie just in
case. bottled water, my keys, cell phone, and my wallet. I really don't have
to worry about snacks since DS#4 is only 4 months. DS#3 carrys a little
backpack for himself that carries his Gameboy Advaced, a drink and snacks and
whatever else he puts in there but I'm to scared to look sometimes
Old April 29th 04, 09:28 AM
HollyLewis

- what kind of bag do you use?

When we bother with an actual bag, it's a messenger-style diaper bag with a
changing pad. We have a smaller one that suffices for most outings, a larger
one for more extended trips or situations where we need to bring more stuff.

Sometimes for occasions like a day-long hike we'll just put the diapering stuff
into whatever bag or pack we're using for our own things; for a short, local
trip we'll just grab a Fold-n-Go (fold-up changing pad with pockets for a
diaper and wipes).

- what items do you carry for yourself?

In the diaper bag, usually not much -- I used to carry a water bottle, nursing
pads and ibuprofen. Now sometimes a hairbrush. I usually carry a separate
purse, but once in a while I'll put my wallet, keys and cell phone in the
diaper bag instead.

- what are your essentials for your child?

A few diapers and a travel pack of wipes. Beyond that, it depends where we're
going, what we're doing and how long we'll be out! But here's what else we
usually keep in the bag:
travel pack of Kleenex
burp cloth (used as general purpose wiper-upper)
snacks and a sippy cup or sport bottle of water (from 6 months on)
small toys
plastic garbage bag

- what other items do you carry?

Here's what else sometimes gets packed into a diaper bag:
camera & film
bib
sunscreen
hat, sunglasses
medicines
toothbrush & paste, soap, comb
pajamas (if we'll be out late)
change of clothes (if we expect the kid to get wet, filthy, cold, etc.)
directions, phone numbers, or similar info-on-paper relevant to the outing at
hand

Any other general diaper bag comments will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!!!

What we carry and how much has varied a great deal with baby's age, as well as
the type and length of outing. So I think that a less specialized bag really
works better than a more specialized one for long-term use. I don't at all
regret buying actual "diaper bags" (Lands' End) over any other kind of tote,
but I like that the various pockets can be used in a variety of ways (e.g., we
used the bottle pockets for water, though I suppose they were designed for baby
bottles), and that the 'extras' (a zippered pouch for wet or dirty things, a
"toiletries bag" that we only ever used for carrying baby food) can be removed
if they're not needed. I like the matching change pads that fit neatly into
the outside pocket meant to hold them, but we can also take the change pad out
and stick it in a backpack -- much better than the type that unfold from the
side of the bag and are permanently attached!

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old April 29th 04, 09:51 AM
Lil Nicky's Mom

I have a backpack and it's made by JollyJumpers, I don't know if you guys
have that brand down in US. It has a wide shoulder strap which you put
across your chest, you know one that goes one your left shoulder down to
your right side of your waist. It works well because there's a velcro in the
middle of the strap and I can easily take off the pack by just pulling on
the velcro, which is what I like the most.
Just a suggestion.
Bessie

Old April 29th 04, 01:01 PM
Nancy P

"Hoister" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

I use a Vera Bradley backpack for my 2 year old. In it are my wallet,
lipstick, cellphone, one diaper (unless we're on a daytrip, then I add
more), small wipes container, tissues, sunscreen, my water bottle, sippy cup
of water, and snacks. Now that I have a newborn, I suppose I'll add 2/3
newborn diapers, breast pads, a cloth diaper and an extra outfit for the
baby.

In my car I always keep a larger diaper bag stocked with an extra outfit for
my daughter, 5-10 diapers, more snacks, etc. I'll be adding newborn diapers
and 2-3 baby outfits to the bag, maybe a spare shirt for me. I see no point
in carrying the fully stocked bag with me when I go places, as long as I
have access to it in a true emergency.

Nancy

Old April 29th 04, 04:07 PM
Heather

Last baby (5 years ago) I used-
Lands End Diaper bag. (gift) My friend used an Eddie Bauer one that she got
at Target.
Baby wipes, diapers, pacifier, change of outfit, sleeper, blankie, small toy
plastic baggies for wet stuff
bibs (2)
sample size of everything for me/daddy - tylenol, Ibuprofin, etc...
sample size of everything for baby - infant tylenol, etc...
cheerios in small tupperware container, dry formula, bottle and drop-ins, w/
2 nipples & caps
protein bars for me
juice box to put into bottle if need be
emergency numbers for doc and hospital
I think that was all....

-Heather

Old April 29th 04, 04:08 PM
Heather

COACH makes a diaper bag?
IF ONLY I had the money!!!!

-Heather

Old April 29th 04, 04:26 PM
Jill

I'm not a good one to ask since I haven't had a baby yet and techincally
don't carry one yet, but I have the Eddie Bauer metro diaper bag, the large
one, and also the EB Metro mini. I like them both. In some cases I would
rather carry a backpack I am sure.

Since I don't technically carry one yet...........take that for what it's
worth!

I have already packed the large back with a few supplies, and so I just have
the basics: a few diapers, wipes, disposable changing pad, a couple bibs,
antibacterial hand wipes and hand sanitizer, change (coins), rattle, a pack
of crackers and some tylenol for me, 2 receiving blankets, 2 cloth diapers,
and I also have a ziplock bag containing 2 Johnsons's washcloths that you
just add water to and can wash baby with (they lather up, then you just toss
them out). And, a few plastic bags to put dirty diapers in.

diaper disposal system???? zolw Pregnancy 22 April 29th 04 01:18 AM
diaper brands and diaper rash Sara General 4 March 16th 04 12:38 PM
diaper disposal systems Shena Delian O'Brien Pregnancy 57 March 8th 04 06:11 PM
diaper rash Diane Pregnancy 10 January 16th 04 11:08 PM
Dirty Diaper song Hillary Israeli General 4 September 12th 03 07:08 PM