instant single parent of my 18 year old son!

Old July 1st 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.parents-teens
[email protected]

Default instant single parent of my 18 year old son!

On Jul 1, 12:37?pm, "R. Steve Walz" wrote:
wrote:

But as another adult, you have the right to evict him, but NOT the right to violate his his human rights, OR "quiet enjoyment of the premises" as long as you permit him to live there, and like any other adult it would require 30 days written notice and maybe a formal notice to quit the premises taken out at the courthouse to remove him legally.

~
Well, that shows clearly see you must be out of your mind. I would
never EVER run him out of my apt. He has been in America for less than
two months, that would be total abuse! I would never do that to him
since even as difficult as he is he still doesn't have a true sense of
reality in America
~
Also since you like "legal talks" let me tell you that the legalities
and complexity of bringin your children from overseas are complicated
by a variety of legal issues as well. For example, he may not become a
burden of any kind till he becomes a citizen (in at least three years)
if he does uncle Sam expediently sends the bill to you. So it is not
so easy legally either
~
To teach someone to walk, you let them walk. If we tried to teach children to walk in detail by regimen, they might be ONLY halfway good at it by the time they were ten!! Experience is always the best teacher.

~
I do agree with you on that count, but still there is still
"parenting" (even in a purely animal) and societal sense and there is
something namely called love
~
lbrtchx

------------------
I am failing to see why you think he's a problem then, if you love
him so much.
Steve- Hide quoted text -

I only want to say this, your son is new to this country? I feel that
in it self should give him reason to rebel! New sourroundings new
country new customs new people!!! What alot to consider! This young
adult has to be treated as if he is 10 and not 18 at this time, he is
lost in a new place and with someone he knows only as his father,but
how long were you and he seperated? That to must be taken in to
consideration as well, it is like he is testing the waters so to speak
and needs to know the limits in which you will let him balance! This
is alot for one to take in and deal with all at once and now you wish
he get off his butt and get a job to pay his way? Oh,boy alot you
expect from him in such a short time!! I can say if you take the time
to talk to him as if you are a concerned parent/friend and listen to
what he likes to do and watch maybe you can put him in a direction to
help get a job started. You can always ask the neighbor or a friend at
your job for help and see where that gets you. I would reconsider the
eviction thing though because he came here for a reason from another
place and is lost and confussed! These things I say are only a
opinion. You can take it or leave it. Thanks for reading it!

Old July 1st 07, 08:37 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.parents-teens
R. Steve Walz

wrote:

[...]

You're a complete idiot! You obviously know NOTHING about teenagers!!
Your formula is the EXACT FORMULA FOR DISASTER!!
Steve

--
-Steve Walz
ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew