Just asking.

Old May 26th 04, 03:32 AM
Alissa

Default Just asking.

"Christine" wrote in message
has anyone ever thought maybe you should have named your baby another
name. OR were you 100% happy with the one you picked?

I love Chloe, but I also loved Olivia too. and melanie, AND
Victoria...lol....but I stuck with Chloe because I have been calling her
chloe for months now, I could'nt imagine her anyother name, but i did
wonder if I chose the right one, they should give you more
time....lol...

I'm not sorry, i think she even looks like a chloe..;-))))

anyone else?

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

neither of us love DD's name, it was a compromise because alot of names I
liked had awful meanings in his parents language (Iranian) I liked names
with Anna, Johanna, and Kira.... but they have toilet or bodily parts as
meanings.... so we both agreed on Sarah Grace but then changed it thinking
the other liked it better...turns out we both preferred Sarah...too late
now,

same for DS's name, hard to find something we both didn't mind and it had
some meaning in Persian without sounding middle eastern...neither of us love
his name either and who knows if it will suit him....
We also have a long and strange last name so I chose easy popular names to
compensate...
Alissa

Old May 26th 04, 05:10 AM
Fer

Christine wrote:
|| has anyone ever thought maybe you should have named your baby another
|| name. OR were you 100% happy with the one you picked?

I remember being about 2 days PP with DS ,up very late feeding him, asking
myself if his name was the right name for him and the answer was yes. With
DD I had a two names picked out and the order was chosen once as soon as I
looked at her
For this one we have the first and middle names picked out but are both open
to change once we meet the little one.

-?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-35 weeks!

Old May 26th 04, 05:13 AM
Leslie

I don't regret any of my names because I can't imagine my kids being named
anything other than what they are named. What I DO regret, though, is that
some of the names I picked have since become way too popular. I would never
choose a popular name on purpose but it seems like I am always just ahead of
the trend.

For example, my oldest is Emily. She is 13, and when we picked that name it
was an old-fashioned name but one that you saw frequently enough that it wasn't
strange. Now, of course, it's everywhere. #2 is John, but we call him Jake (a
compromise between Jay, which I preferred, and Jack, which was my husband's
choice--it was suggested by the priest who married us because his older brother
was John called Jake.) Now Jacob is like the world's most popular name, and
everyone thinks that is Jake's name. And #4 is William, which I now find out
is the #1 name in the South--I had NO idea; we picked it after my husband's
father. Only #3's name--Richard Theodore, called Teddy--remains unusual.
sigh

At least, if #5 is a girl, I can rest assured her name will NEVER become
popular, since John is absolutely insisting that we name her Lorelei.

Leslie
Old May 26th 04, 05:34 AM
Jamie Clark

"Leslie" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know, with Gilmore Girls, it's sure getting out there!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old May 26th 04, 06:07 AM
Leslie

Jamie said:

I don't know, with Gilmore Girls, it's sure getting out there!

See, I don't watch t.v., so I don't have the faintest idea about this. Is
there someone named Lorelei on the show? What kind of character is it?

Leslie

Old May 26th 04, 01:53 PM
Alissa

snip
At least, if #5 is a girl, I can rest assured her name will NEVER become
popular, since John is absolutely insisting that we name her Lorelei.

Leslie

so long as too many people don't watch Gilmore Girls...I'd never heard of
the name until then, I like the name!You might just be the front runner to a
new trend again....
Alissa

Old May 26th 04, 01:55 PM
Alissa

"Leslie" wrote in message
Jamie said:

I don't know, with Gilmore Girls, it's sure getting out there!

See, I don't watch t.v., so I don't have the faintest idea about this. Is
there someone named Lorelei on the show? What kind of character is it?

Leslie

Oh it's a great show and she is a very cool and hip single mother of a

teenage girl.....I can see the name catching on....
Alissa

Old May 26th 04, 03:47 PM
Maria Danielle Darst

"Christine" wrote in message
has anyone ever thought maybe you should have named your baby another
name. OR were you 100% happy with the one you picked?

I love Chloe, but I also loved Olivia too. and melanie, AND
Victoria...lol....but I stuck with Chloe because I have been calling her
chloe for months now, I could'nt imagine her anyother name, but i did
wonder if I chose the right one, they should give you more
time....lol...

I'm not sorry, i think she even looks like a chloe..;-))))

anyone else?

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

She's a cutie.

As for our kids names, I'm pretty happy with the first one..not so much so
with the second.

When pregnant w/#1 we were not sure what it was going to be, so we picked
out a boy and a girl name. Kelly Marie and Kyle Joseph. We just liked Kelly
(even tho it was a while before we agreed on the spelling and Marie is my
grandmother's name, a variant on mine and MIL's name (Maria and Mary)...so
it worked well.

When pregnant w/#2 we found out that we were having a boy. I didn't want to
use the "leftover" name...so the arguements started anew. *lol* Some boy
names I liked were already "taken" by friends...we could have incorperated
them as middle names I think but overall wasn't sure how well having
Alexander as a middle name would roll. I was truly set on naming my son
Elijah, and calling him Eli. DH wanted to name him after his dad (Paul
Joseph or Joseph Paul, but quite honestly I don't like the name Paul...and
if all 3 of them were in the same room...well I don't even want to consider
the implications since it's hard enough with just DH and FIL...and Joe is
just way to common, even though I like the name . I came out with Elijah
Paul (Elijah Joseph just didn't have the same ring to me), figuring that
would appease DH somewhat...the boy would have his and his father's name and
I would have the name I wanted. But lo and behold, DH does not like
Eli...thinks it sounds Amish or something (don't know where he came up with
that one....DH is a strange one . I am hugely pregnant and hugely ticked
at that point, so ended up saying something to the effect of just name the
kid whatever you want, and he asked if I still liked Kyle. It's not the name
I was so set on and quite honestly, I think he looks like an Eli not a Kyle
(he doesn't even respond to Kyle all that well....maybe he just doesn't like
listening to us? ....DH was not at the hospital when they brought me the
forms to fill out for his birth certificate....we called him to try to
persuade him one last time and my mom was of the notion to just fill them
out like I wanted to. If it wouldn't have caused an even bigger row at home
I think I would have. *lmao*

Anyway, I agree....you should have longer to pick out the name once you see
the baby.

Maria
Kelly 2/19/00
Kyle 7/9/01

Old May 26th 04, 04:37 PM
Jamie Clark

There are actually 3 characters named Lorelei -- the grandmother, the
daughter, and the daughter's daughter. The grand daughter goes by Rory, but
I think her given name was Lorelei. The main character, Lorelei, and her
daughter Rory, have a very close mother daughter bond, as Rory was born when
Lorelei was 16. Lorelei and her mother do not get along well.

Old May 26th 04, 05:35 PM
Joybelle

"Christine" wrote in message
has anyone ever thought maybe you should have named your baby another
name. OR were you 100% happy with the one you picked?

I've three babies, and I haven't been 100% happy with any of their names
yet. I've decided it is just in my nature.

Rose Helena is my first. I agonized over her middle name for months. I
liked the first name, but her middle name I just wasn't happy with for
awhile. Iris Christina is my second. Iris suits her wonderfully, but it
wasn't one of the names I had picked out prior to her birth. We didn't
really plan on continuing the flower theme, but the name suits her so well.
As for Christina I wish we'd stuck with Christine (my middle name after my
grandma). Spencer Thomas is my third. I do really like his name, but for
awhile (and still sometimes) it bugged me that i hadn't incorporated a
nature name of some sort.

I do love their names, but 100% happy? Nope...

Joy