Van

Old April 17th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default Van

So, we bought a van.
Nothing fancy, but brand new to me! lol
It's a '96 Chev Lumina, and it's not too bad. It's in great shape on the outside, and although the inside is disgustingly dirty, it can be cleaned. It's dark green outside and inside is grey. It has all bucket seats, which I just might end up liking. Seats 6 (due to bucket seats) but is a lot bigger than that station wagon!
Oh, and coolest part is... It has a air pump thing built into it in the back cargo area! All I need now is a hose, and I'll be rockin' if I ever have a flat tire lol
Anyways, that's about it. I have to wait for my dad to fix a few things... Like the windows he broke and the driver's side door handle. The door handle can't be fixed until they can get the driver's side window up, which seems to be stuck down. My dad thinks it could be the motor, but doesn't know for sure until he can take the door apart and see.
I also have to wait for an alignment on Tuesday. Tie rods and struts (one or the other was on the right side, I believe) but other than that, it runs great and looks great. Not too shabby, and I managed to find myself a deal! I guess I might be able to pick it up tomorrow, depending on when my dad can get around to the window and door handle. The alignment isn't a huge issue, although it does need to be done. Guess I'll be a true soccer mom before the weekend! YAY!
Old April 17th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

On Apr 17, 2:56�pm, "xkatx" wrote:
[...]

We did that soccor mom thing already with a 97 ford windstar but I
wrecked it, not beyond driving but beyond putting that much money into
fixing it for inspection...... now we are cruisin a 98 ford contour
pretty nice 4 cyl which helps a great deal on the gas expenses!
Good luck with the "little things" getting your van going! Some day I
wanna be driving a new mustang convertable in red with a five speed
tranny ......yea ...someday! Zoom Zoom Zoom !!! :-)

By the way ....Hiya Kat!

Bev

Old April 17th 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 17, 2:56?pm, "xkatx" wrote:
[...]

Heh... I'm going from a little 4-banger station wagon to a mini van. I
never would have guessed this one when I was 16, or even 18 or 20!
We've all outgrown the station wagon, which isn't too bad on gas, I
suppose... I'm still sweating when I fill that wagon up, as I can get around
400kms/tank, which costs about $40 to fill up. Miss my Jetta, which was
about $30 to fill and I could easily get 1000kms/tank on it
Not sure how this van will go for gas, but I already know it will be more to
fill and use more gas. At least, though, we'll fit in it, seeing as we have
3 kids in 3 car seats. The front passenger's seat has airbags, so no little
ones can sit in the front.
Here's to hoping this van gets moving!

Oh, and just the other day, we were driving home and saw this little red
sport car of some sort. It was a man driving, and he looked to be about
mid-50s. 2 seater convertible car.
License plate? It said, "4QKIDS" I read that as "F*** You Kids" I nearly
drove off the road laughing. I thought that was the life LOL I'd love to
be in my 50s, kids grown up, out of the house and then there's me cruisin'
down the road in my little 2 seater sporty car... No real trunk, no back
seat at all, not compatible with car seats of any form

Old April 18th 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

On Apr 17, 5:33�pm, "xkatx" wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message

ups.com...
On Apr 17, 2:56?pm, "xkatx" wrote:

[...]

seat at all, not compatible with car seats of any form - Hide quoted text -

By your 50's you just may have a few grandkids , sorry to burst your
bubble! Granny Kat ! LOL!

Bev

Old April 18th 07, 02:59 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 17, 5:33?pm, "xkatx" wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message

ups.com...
On Apr 17, 2:56?pm, "xkatx" wrote:

[...]

Hm... Last I checked... When the children I gave birth to are out of
diapers, I will never again change another diaper on a regular basis. When
mine are sleeping through the night, I will never again wake on a regular
basis to get up with a baby. When mine can crap on the toilet like the rest
of the humans and wipe their own bums, again, I will never wipe another bum
on a daily basis. When my kids move out, I will not have any more children
living with me.
Grandkids will have their own homes with their own parents not where I live.
More than welcome to come visit, but visit = just that. My kids will need
to get their own van to cart their own children around in time, just as I
had to. Nope. When my own immediate children are gone, it will be their
turn. I won't raise my grandkids, although I wouldn't mind spoling the crap
out of them to no end! (as I drive by them in my nice 2-seater with the top
down!!! LOL)

Old April 18th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

On Apr 17, 8:59�pm, "xkatx" wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message

ups.com...
On Apr 17, 5:33?pm, "xkatx" wrote:

"Bev" wrote in message

oups.com...
On Apr 17, 2:56?pm, "xkatx" wrote:

[...]

down!!! LOL)- Hide quoted text -

LOL!!!! you win ! I thought this too.........soon my dream may come
true......just not yet....but I'm not 50 yet either whoohooo!
Different situation.

Time to put my mother to bed now ! ;-)

Bev

Old April 18th 07, 04:21 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 17, 8:59?pm, "xkatx" wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message

ups.com...
On Apr 17, 5:33?pm, "xkatx" wrote:

"Bev" wrote in message

oups.com...
On Apr 17, 2:56?pm, "xkatx" wrote:

[...]

Well, I should mention my little red, roofless sports car with a license
plate similar to "4QKIDS" has 2 seats. We can both fit in it, but you're
not in your 50s yet and neither am I. When we're both that age, we'll drive
around laughing at the kids and grandkids in their cars, mini vans and
station wagons.