anyone know of a nice breastfeeding poem?

Old March 29th 04, 09:25 PM
PattyMomVA

Default anyone know of a nice breastfeeding poem?

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message
i'm looking for a nice breastfeeding poem or little story. it can perhaps
even just be about mothering.
it can't be too long. any links to suggestions?

I like this one, but maybe it's too long?

-Patty, mom to Corinne (6y) and Nathan (3.5y)
and stepmom to Victoria (13.5y)

Baby's Choice

Did you ever think, dear Mother,

As the seeds of me you sowed,

As you breathed new life inside of me

And slowly watched me grow,

In all your dreams about me

When you planned me out so well,

When you couldn't wait to have me there

Inside your heart to dwell,

Did you ever think that maybe,

I was planning for you, too,

And choosing for my very own

A mother just like you?

A mother who smelled sweet and who

had hands so creamy white,

A tender, loving creature

Who would soothe me in the night?

Did you ever think in all those days

While you were coming due,

That as you planned a life for me

I sought a life with you?

And now as I lay in your arms,

I wonder if you knew

While you were busy making me,

I was choosing you!

~ Colleen M. Story ~

Old March 29th 04, 09:35 PM
PattyMomVA

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message
i'm looking for a nice breastfeeding poem or little story. it can perhaps
even just be about mothering.
it can't be too long. any links to suggestions?

Here's another!

-Patty, mom to Corinne (6y) and Nathan (3.5y)
and stepmom to Victoria (13.5y)

Wean Me Gently

by Cathy Cardall

I know I look so big to you. Maybe I seem too big for the needs I have,

but no matter how big we get, we still have needs that are important to

us. I know that our relationship is growing and changing, but I still

need you. I need your warmth and closeness, especially at the end of

the day when we snuggle up in bed. Please don't get too busy for us to

nurse. I know you think I can be patient, or find something to take the

place of a nursing; a book, a glass of something. But nothing can take

your place when I need you. Sometimes just cuddling with you, having

you near me is enough. I guess I am growing and becoming independent,

but please be there. This bond we have is so strong and so important to

me. Please don't break it abruptly. Wean me gently, because I am your

Mother, and my heart is tender.

Old March 29th 04, 09:48 PM
Katie

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:25:52 +1100, "elizabeth emerald"
wrote:

i'm looking for a nice breastfeeding poem or little story. it can perhaps
even just be about mothering.
it can't be too long. any links to suggestions?

Okay, thanks a lot, eh ((( A bunch of those made me cry!
(especially since DS is sound asleep on my lap right now after a good
long nursing session and I can't believe how adorable he is and how
much I love him...sniff sniff).

Seriously, I'm glad you started this thread because those poems
(especially "A Mother's Touch" and "Wean Me Gently") were beautiful.
I've just forwarded them to my mom, who I know will cry, too LOL.

Katie
DS - almost 5 months old!

Old March 30th 04, 04:14 AM
elizabeth emerald

"PattyMomVA" wrote in message
[...]

that's really nice. thanks.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 30th 04, 04:15 AM
elizabeth emerald

[...]

wow, that's pretty good. thanks again!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old April 4th 04, 06:25 AM
A&G&K

"Leanne" wrote in message
i'm looking for a nice breastfeeding poem or little story. it can

perhaps
even just be about mothering.
it can't be too long. any links to suggestions?

A Mother's Touch

Breathe deep the scent of silky hair,
And milky lips kiss with tender care.
Stroke gently on a rounded face,
And gaze on sleeping eyes,
With grace,
My arms envelope you,
And pull your body close.
Humbly, this I learn:
A mother's touch,
though loving it may be,
Is nothing when compared
to the ways you have touched me.

by Deborah C. McCallister

Sob! (Pregnancy hormones :`o)
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 4th 04, 06:27 AM
A&G&K

[...]

Oh well now you've gone and made me cry....
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003