How do I wean baby off the last two feedings ??

Old August 5th 06, 12:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default How do I wean baby off the last two feedings ??

Hi There , ;-)

I have a 20 month old son who is currently still breastfeeding.
Weaning so far has gone very well.
But now I am down to the last two feedings...when he goes to bed at
night and when he gets up in the morning.
While i am still having some pulling at the heartstrings about stopping
the weaning....I realize it's time ( not to mention the fact he is 35
1/2 inches tall )
and is almost falling off the boppy ( nursing pillow) !
I would also like to start trying for a second .
I have heard moms recommend a change in routine.
I can understand that in the morning like maybe , taking the baby for a
walk .
But at night ..he is tired and wants to be comforted .

I feel like no matter what i try , there is going to be a lot of crying
no matter what i do!
Any ideas welcomed !

Thanks !

Leslie

Old August 5th 06, 04:39 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.mothers
[email protected]

TROLL-O-METER (tm)

0 -- 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10
*

You can do better.
You ought to be feeding the little ****-stain 'till preschool.

I acknowledge that I am out of the group here but may I inqiure what a
TROLL-O-Meter is?

Old August 5th 06, 05:00 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

I beleive the key to breaking any routine is to replace it with an
alternative.
Is this feeding essential for nutrition, is it for comfort, bonding?
Once you can answer that then you will know what to replace it with.

I feed my once BFed two year old O.J. or other juice for breakfast,
because its high in natural sugars(great to start the day, I know that
she will be getting her vitamins including C that boost her immune
system.)

If the feeding is more for comfort then replace with sometype of
bonding routine that will keep thier attention, like Mommy and me(or
Daddy) play time. Dance, excersise, play music, read a book, sing,
rock.

I feel like no matter what i try , there is going to be a lot of crying
no matter what i do!

Remember your childs attitude towards a situation will reflect froms
yours. For the night you may be able to offer him some whole milk in a
cup ( a SUPER-DUPPER BIG Boys cup of course).
I encouraged my daughter by telling her it was special milk. We would
put the "special" milk in a cup"just for ___her___" and then shake it
up and did a special dance. Until she was laughing and having so much
fun; why would she be upset. I do remember I bit of resistance at first
so I added some bannanna for flavor. Of course we read stories and I
rocked her before bed; for bonding.
This will not be the only time that parenting will be a test of
creativity I am sure.

Great Job, nursing your son! I know the pressures that are out their
can be down right discouraging.