SOFT NIPPLE?

Old April 3rd 04, 06:24 AM
javalearner

Default SOFT NIPPLE?

hi my bsby is 15 month old and he is use to breast feed only.he hardly
take 250ml bottle of milk in night and that's because he don't want it
in day time so i offer him in night while sleeping.when he get thirsty
he take it.he dont like bottles and other milk.just bf he wants.he
eats well and everything else is fine.i want him to take bottles in
day time and bf in night but he is not taking that. is their any
nipple which is really soft like breast nipple and medium in flow? so
that he take it easily.
if there is then which one?

one more question my elders always told me that i should not give baby
heavy food(carrots,meat,broccali,bread etc).in their thinking it's
hard for baby now to diegest.but my baby is taking these things
well.they advice me to give 1kg of milk (and don't give him bf if want
to give then only at night),2 oranges of fresh juice,2tbs of cereals
with 1/4 banana in it,2tbs of curd,1 egg,4tbs of vegge soup or any
thin daal. is that much quantity is ok.they said these all thing
covers all protine and vitamins so u don't have to give more then that
otherwise he won't drink the milk.

doctors told me that baby needs only 300-400ml milk in day and accept
that as much as he can eat give him balanced diet.that's what i'm
doing.i'm giving all the stuff that my elders told me to give but 4
times more then they told me.
am i doing right or i should do what they said.they prefer milk more
and i food with less milk.any guidence?
thanks
Old April 3rd 04, 01:19 PM
Naomi Pardue

is their any
nipple which is really soft like breast nipple and medium in flow? so
that he take it easily.
if there is then which one?

At 15 months old, you could be offering him his daytime fluids (milk and water
and a little juice if you like) from a cup. If he hasn't liked bottles up
until now, there is no reason to be struggling to introduce one this late.

one more question my elders always told me that i should not give baby
heavy food(carrots,meat,broccali,bread etc).in their thinking it's
hard for baby now to diegest.but my baby is taking these things

Those foods are all perfectly fine for a 15 month old. At that age a toddler
can eat almost anything a grownup can eat. (Just be careful about foods that he
might choke on. The carrots, for example, should be cooked, since he could
choke on a piece of raw carrot.) And you've want to cut the meat into very
small pieces for him so if he doesn't chew it well he won't choke on that
either.

well.they advice me to give 1kg of milk (and don't give him bf if want
to give then only at night),2 oranges of fresh juice,2tbs of cereals
with 1/4 banana in it,2tbs of curd,1 egg,4tbs of vegge soup or any
thin daal. is that much quantity is ok.they said these all thing
covers all protine and vitamins

I'm not certain where you come from, (I'm guessing Indian?) but certainly many
cultures and traditions have different ideas about what babies should be fed.
Even in American culture, until about 75 years ago, it was believed that babies
should be kept on diets much like the one you describe (a lot of milk, and
small amounts of soups and cereals and other very soft, easily
swallowed/digested foods) until they were 2 or 3 years old.

Now, it is true that some babies DON'T want much besides breastmilk at 15
months, and that's fine for those babies. But if your baby isn't nursing much
any more, better to give him a well balanced menu of assorted solid foods and
moderate amounts of cows milk to drink (plus, of course, whatever breastmilk he
will take)
that to try to fill him up with lots of milk so he WON'T take his solids.

doctors told me that baby needs only 300-400ml milk in day and accept
that as much as he can eat give him balanced diet.that's what i'm
doing.

It's really hard to say how much milk babies 'need.' Ideally he should be
taking as much breastmilk as he wants for as long as he continues to nurse.
You can't measure that, so you have no way of knowing how many mls that will
be.

You then give him solid foods (and fluids from a cup), and allow him to eat as
much of those as he wants. If he's a hungry child, he'll take a lot of solids.
If not, he'll take less. You let him decide. Children (even children of
similar sizes and weights) will vary widely in how much food they will eat.

As far as milk, I think the truth is somewhere between what your doctor says
and your elders. I think a liter of milk is probably a little high for most
toddlers, but 300 ml sounds pretty low. But, trust your baby. If he doesn't
want a lot of milk, you give him other foods. (There are no nutrients in milk
that can't be found in other foods, so he doesn't HAVE to drink any set amount
of milk if he is getting a varied solid diet). If he still loves to nurse, let
him nurse as much as he will, and then give him solids to round out his meal.

Hope this helps.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old April 3rd 04, 04:40 PM
nina

"javalearner" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I was wondering where you went.
At 15 months he is too old for a bottle, offer him his milk in a cup.
He is old enough for carrots, broccoli and meats. I found that my children
preferred chicken.

Sore nipple - HELP!! :'(( RJ Breastfeeding 8 March 29th 04 07:00 PM
red painful sores on nipple jake's mom Breastfeeding 7 August 28th 03 01:50 PM
Still struggling with nipple crack....? Chotii Breastfeeding 4 August 18th 03 01:16 PM
BF advice Ben Breastfeeding 17 July 25th 03 07:00 PM
10 mo partying at breast causing nipple trauma Christy Breastfeeding 0 July 18th 03 03:16 PM