So what??!!!

Old November 17th 06, 08:34 PM posted to misc.kids
Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com

Default So what??!!!

user wrote:
are you a product of public education?

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
g!
publically educated kylie :-)

Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

What lang. is that? And thinks what about my posts? Why does everybody spell
my name wrong??

Old November 17th 06, 08:35 PM posted to misc.kids

Banty wrote:
Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

Nope ;-)

She's not a troll - she's posting elsewhere more reasonably, and with facts
consistent with what she has said about herself here. It's just that here she
got put on the defensive with the "public school" comment and is reacting
immaturely. Like, you know, a teen.

I think she should be made to feel more welcome, actually.

Banty

Umm.. thanks i think. lol. why am i a troll? yea so i act immutture at times.
big deal.

Old November 17th 06, 08:37 PM posted to misc.kids

user wrote:
Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
got put on the defensive with the "public school" comment and is reacting
immaturely. Like, you know, a teen.

Well, OK, I'll defer to your knowledge that she's actually legit. That being
said, though - the repeated assertions that she's highly intelligent, good
at English, etc, in light of the consistently abysmal, sub-eighth-grade writing
is a bog-standard trollish technique for getting a rise out of people. Just
like we're seeing now. ;-)

- Rich

Will anyone tell me what you adults are talking about please?!!!

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Old November 17th 06, 08:42 PM posted to misc.kids
Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com

Rosalie B. wrote:
Hi. I am a simple teenager and i have one question for whom may be reading
this. It is why do you care if there isn't a boys go tech site. I mean i

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
much as we can today. So who cares in my opion. Thank you for reading this
article.

I don't care whether there is a boysgotech site or not. That's the
simple answer.

As others have mentioned though, your grasp of formal English
expression is seriously flawed, and the result of that is that people
are making fun of you such as asking if you are the result of a public
education. I'm the result of a public education (my dad objected to
paying for something which he expected his taxes to support), but my
parents also paid attention to our writing and made us revise and
proofread it. I suspect that you are used to texting and that has
degraded your writing skills.

For instance, my mom, if she were to look at what you have written
would have pointed out:

1) When you say you are a "simple teenager", that implies that you are
stupid or retarded (like in the nursery rhyme Simple Simon) because
the word simple has that connotation. So it would be better to say "I
am simply a teenager", or "I am just a teenager".

2) "Whom may be reading" would read better if it was written "whoever
may be reading". I don't know enough grammar to know why this is
(grammar wasn't taught much in my day either) but I'm sure someone can
tell me.

3) In the sentence that begins "It is why.." You should leave off the
"It is " part. It is not necessary. The sentence should be "Why do
you care if there isn't a boys go tech site?" Putting "It is" at the
front of the sentence reduces the impact of the question. You've said
you had one question, and this is your question.

4) The next sentence: "But do you know what it is because
girlsgotech.com is sponsored by the girl scout committee" is lacking
punctuation which would make it more understandable, and also some
intermediate words. I would have written something like: "But do you
know what? Girlsgoteach.com is sponsored by the Girl Scouts, and that
is why it is for girls."

5) "If you you want a site like that for you boys make one by all
means" has too many 'you's in it. It would be enough to say "If you
want a site like that for your boys..."

6) "I am a girl scout and another reason why we have it is because
girls in the past couldn't do as much as we can today" is another
run-on sentence, and isn't as effective as it could be if you said,
"In the past, girls weren't encouraged to do technical stuff, so the
Girls Scouts wanted to help them do more. I am a Girl Scout and I am
proud that they have set up this site"

7) In the next sentence "opinion" is misspelled. And technically what
you wrote is not an article.

So my revision would read

. I am just a teenager but I have one question for whoever may be
reading this. Why do you care if there isn't a boysgotech site? I mean
I am all for equal rights. But do you know what? Girlsgoteach.com is
sponsored by the Girl Scouts, and that is why it is for girls. If you
want a site like that for your boys then go ahead and make one by all
means. In the past, girls weren't encouraged to do technical stuff,
so the Girls Scouts wanted to help them do more. I am a Girl Scout
and I am proud that they have set up this site. That's my opinion.
Thank you.

Umm.. Thanks i think. Are you some english teacher???

Old November 17th 06, 08:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Boliath

Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com wrote:
Banty wrote:

Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

Nope ;-)

She's not a troll - she's posting elsewhere more reasonably, and with facts
consistent with what she has said about herself here. It's just that here she
got put on the defensive with the "public school" comment and is reacting
immaturely. Like, you know, a teen.

I think she should be made to feel more welcome, actually.

Banty

Umm.. thanks i think. lol. why am i a troll? yea so i act immutture at times.
big deal.

Here you go Nikki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established
community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to
cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory,
off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages."

Your posting seemed like one a troll would write which is why some of us
were suspicious. Banty has vouched for you so now you'll be taken more
seriously.

Please ignore the insulting coments about your education, but it would
help your case if you used proper English and refrained from text type
writing.

Welcome aboard.
Old November 17th 06, 08:48 PM posted to misc.kids
Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com

bizby40 wrote:
you can't spell. you can't write a simple sentence. you
obviously don't know you've wandered onto Usenet... public

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
please. Nobobody ever tells me anything because i am only in 8th
grade in the

Nikki,

There are a couple of things you should know. The first is that this
is a group *about* kids, not a group *for* kids. That doesn't mean
you aren't welcome here, because you are. What it means is that the
people you are conversing with are adults; most are parents, some are
even grandparents.

Adults as a whole, and on Usenet in particular, tend to take even
casual writing more seriously than kids do. If you want to be
listened to, you will need to be more careful with your spelling,
punctuation and capitalization. Poor grammar is usually better
tolerated as long as the meaning is clear.

Lee had a bad educational experience as a child, and is convinced that
public education is worthless. By her* comments, she intended to
insult you personally and public education in general.

Bizby

* Lee -- I apologize if I have misremembered your sex

Ok I will try and fix my spelling and use proper English. Happy? I just
wandered onto this site and thought that it was neat. Thanks to everyone who
is helping me out. I am learning a lot more now than in school because school
is so boring!!!!!!!! It is the truth. So, please don't deny it.

Old November 17th 06, 08:50 PM posted to misc.kids

xkatx wrote:
Hi. I am a simple teenager and i have one question for
whom may be reading this.

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

lee

Could be... If she is, all she'll say is, "So what??!?! Who cars?!!?? I'm
a simple teenager!!?!?!"

I am not stupid!! If I knew that is what adults take it as then I would have
worded it differently.

Old November 17th 06, 09:18 PM posted to misc.kids

Boliath wrote:
Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
Umm.. thanks i think. lol. why am i a troll? yea so i act immutture at times.
big deal.

Here you go Nikki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established
community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to
cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory,
off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages."

Your posting seemed like one a troll would write which is why some of us
were suspicious. Banty has vouched for you so now you'll be taken more
seriously.

Please ignore the insulting coments about your education, but it would
help your case if you used proper English and refrained from text type
writing.

Welcome aboard.

Thank-you. I will try. Trust me I do not want to disrupt anything. I like it
when adults tell me what is going on. Nobody ever tells me anything. So again
thank-you to all of you.

Old November 17th 06, 09:22 PM posted to misc.kids
user

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:34:01 GMT, Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com u29182@uwe wrote:
user wrote:
are you a product of public education?

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
g!
publically educated kylie :-)

Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

What lang. is that?

That is mangled Latin.

And thinks what about my posts? Why does everybody spell
my name wrong??

To my knowledge, you've never actually posted your name. We're going going by
your userid, which seems to be a mis-spelling of Nikki, a common variant of
Nicky/Nicolette/etc.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Old November 17th 06, 09:25 PM posted to misc.kids
user

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:35:41 GMT, Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com u29182@uwe wrote:
Banty wrote:
Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

Nope ;-)

She's not a troll - she's posting elsewhere more reasonably, and with facts
consistent with what she has said about herself here. It's just that here she
got put on the defensive with the "public school" comment and is reacting
immaturely. Like, you know, a teen.

I think she should be made to feel more welcome, actually.

Banty

Umm.. thanks i think. lol. why am i a troll? yea so i act immutture at times.
big deal.

It *is* a big deal. You're in a newsgroup normally inhabited by adults, who
have adult expectations of anyone who posts. Immature behavior from someone
outside the group of regulars is almost invariably because a troll has
decided to focus their attention here.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.