2 month well visit

Old June 12th 06, 04:24 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

Default 2 month well visit

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:Udednf6RA_6DPBHZnZ2dnUVZ_rKdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"MareCat" wrote in

Congratulations! I'm 22 weeks along with twin girls.

No Kidding!! I didn't know that. Congratulations :-D. I'm a little
obsessed with all things twin and don't know anyone IRL so if you ever
want to bounce anything around don't hesitate to post, lol.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have *plenty* of questions! DH and I have two sets
of (identical) twin nieces, so we do have sources of information available
(just not for b/fing).

My DD and I co-slept
(making night-time feedings much easier), but I really can't see that as
an option with twins.

Some people do I think but I have my twins in their cribs. I sometimes
bring them in my bed around 6am and spend a couple hours there but I don't
like it much. I also co-slept with my first two singletons.

I would really like to have these babies sleep in their cribs right from the
start. I'm a huge advocate of co-sleeping, and I really liked co-sleeping
with my DD at first (when she was very little and didn't move much), but
once she got bigger and started moving around more, I had a lot of trouble
sleeping. (It also made night weaning her more difficult. That didn't happen
until she was two or so.)

Also, how do you b/f round-the-clock with two? Do you b/f
both at the same time? My DD was constantly at the breast when she was a
newborn.

Lucky for me the twins don't seem to do as much marathon nursing as my
others. 3 nights a week is all maybe. I do nurse both together as often
as I can work that out. It is definitely a time saver.

http://www.doubleblessings.com/Searc...tegory=Feeding

That nursing pillow is worth every penny!

Wow! Great website! How is that nursing pillow different from pillows like
the Boppy?

Gotta run or I would post more.

Thanks for the info, Nikki!

Mary

Old June 12th 06, 04:46 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

"MareCat" wrote in

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have *plenty* of questions! DH and I have two
sets of (identical) twin nieces,

Oh fun! Do you know if yours are identical? They told me there was a good
chance mine were but couldn't be certain. Mine are *very* different so
definitely fraternal. One is dark haired and big. One is bald with blonde
peach fuzz and very fine featured/boned :-)

I would really like to have these babies sleep in their cribs right from
the start.

Yep. I actually said that before I knew they were twins though. I'm hoping
that they sleep better. Co-sleeping was nice but I was not able to get up
out of bed with mine so it had draw backs too. I have no idea how I'd sleep
safely with two either. Mine do share their crib.

Wow! Great website! How is that nursing pillow different from pillows like
the Boppy?

I never actually had a Boppy so I'm not sure how they are different in
practice. By looking at them the EZ 2 nurse pillow is quite a bit bigger.
I nurse both babies at once by putting them in the football hold. I can
then move one up and let him sleep on it if the other isn't finished.
--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 12th 06, 04:21 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:e5udnSyFzOACfhHZnZ2dnUVZ_vSdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"MareCat" wrote in

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have *plenty* of questions! DH and I have two
sets of (identical) twin nieces,

Oh fun! Do you know if yours are identical?

While there's a *very* slight chance they're identical, it's much, much more
likely that they're fraternal, as we used fertility meds.

They told me there was a good chance mine were but couldn't be certain.
Mine are *very* different so definitely fraternal. One is dark haired and
big. One is bald with blonde peach fuzz and very fine featured/boned :-)

Yep, *definitely* not identical!

Mary

Old June 12th 06, 06:25 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nikki" wrote in message

Oh - have to run. That is my update. I'm happy :-)

Nikki,
What a wonderful update!! They sound positively fabulous. It has to be
a bit fun to have them be so different. I'm so glad you had a little time
to post an update.

Joy

Foster Care Month Spotlights Year-Round Needs of 523,000 U. S. Children; Public Urged to Help Change a Lifetime for Children in Foster Care wexwimpy Foster Parents 1 April 27th 05 09:34 PM
Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month Crystal Dreamer Pregnancy 5 October 2nd 04 09:38 AM
Tax Intercept agrich Child Support 90 December 9th 03 10:43 PM
First midwife/postnatal care nurse visit Elly Pregnancy 4 September 23rd 03 06:06 PM
Child support modification in Texas Leslie Child Support 23 July 18th 03 01:51 AM