why my baby stucking her tongue out?

Old June 14th 06, 09:56 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default why my baby stucking her tongue out?

My daughter Lilly is almost two months old, and seems very normal,
except for her tongue. She seems to be sticking it out most of the
time. Is this normal? She sucks from the bottle and from my breast
fine. she Is gaining weight, and responds to stimulus ok. When she
sleeps her tongue is not
hanging out.
It doesn't stick out far but her mouth is open just a little and that
little tongue is right there. Sometimes out farther than other times.

Everyone that sees her, the first thing they say is "Oh,
look at her little tongue!" It was cute at first and now we are
beginning to wonder. Is her tongue too long for her mouth?

Please feed me back
Any experience would be appreciated
Thanks

Old June 14th 06, 11:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"jojo" wrote in message
oups.com...
My daughter Lilly is almost two months old, and seems very normal,
except for her tongue. She seems to be sticking it out most of the
time. Is this normal? She sucks from the bottle and from my breast
fine. she Is gaining weight, and responds to stimulus ok. When she
sleeps her tongue is not
hanging out.
It doesn't stick out far but her mouth is open just a little and that
little tongue is right there. Sometimes out farther than other times.

Everyone that sees her, the first thing they say is "Oh,
look at her little tongue!" It was cute at first and now we are
beginning to wonder. Is her tongue too long for her mouth?

Maybe she's playing the tongue game?

Jess

Old June 15th 06, 02:53 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"jojo" wrote in message
oups.com...
My daughter Lilly is almost two months old, and seems very normal,
except for her tongue.

Is this the same jojo as in "Penny and jojo" who has about a 4yo son? If
so, congrats. If not, well, I just made a fool out of myself.

JennP.

Old June 15th 06, 04:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Hi Jojo,

I think your baby is exploring with her tongue .
Have you asked a doctor about this?

Hope nothing wrong with her, dear.

Love,
- aurora -
http://aurora.insparenting.com

Old June 15th 06, 12:09 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"jojo" wrote in message
oups.com...
My daughter Lilly is almost two months old, and seems very normal,
except for her tongue. She seems to be sticking it out most of the
time. Is this normal? She sucks from the bottle and from my breast
fine. she Is gaining weight, and responds to stimulus ok. When she
sleeps her tongue is not
hanging out.
It doesn't stick out far but her mouth is open just a little and that
little tongue is right there. Sometimes out farther than other times.

Completely normal. It's just the tongue-thrust reflex, or she could be
playing a game with you. It will probably stop - except for deliberate
tongue-thrusting - at around six months.

Please feed me back

LOL. I think you mean could we please give you 'feedback'. ;-)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old June 15th 06, 11:34 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote:
Hi Jojo,

I think your baby is exploring with her tongue .
Have you asked a doctor about this?

Hope nothing wrong with her, dear.

Love,
- aurora -
http://aurora.insparenting.com
sure i asked a doctor , he said that the tongue is proportionaly bigger
than the mouth and this will end when she will grow up
but am still worried