ATTN Elle...update to my ectopic post

Old October 18th 03, 03:42 PM
JNJ

Default ATTN Elle...update to my ectopic post

Let me start by saying Thank You again Elle! Since you shared your story
with me, I thought you might want an update on mine. I did go in for my
ultrasound on monday. I knew something was wrong with the left side because
they didn't show me the left but they did show me the right. After the
u/s, they called my doc and she wanted me to go right over to her office.
When I got there, she told me that they can't see anything on the u/s
because all they could see was blood on the left side, and blood underneath
my uterus. So I was admitted to the hosp and at 8:30 tuesday morning I had
emergency surgery. My doc couldn't really give me a definate on what would
happen since they couldn't see much on the u/s. They did a D&C but I had
nothing on the walls of my uterus. Then they did the laparopsy(sorry bad
speller) where they put a camera in through your belly button and look.
They could immediatly see the mass in my tube. I had an inscision made
along my pubic hair thats about 5 in long. They did have to remove my tube
because it had burst abit. She said I didn't feel much pain because the
tube had a split in it and since blood was leeking out, it never built up
enough pressure to hurt me much. Remarkably I had not lost a large amount
of blood. Its wierd but my doc said that even though it wasn't alive it was
still growing. Now I'm home resting. I can't do a whole lot but it gets
better everyday. Now I'll be leary of TTC but hopefully I won't have any
problems with the next one. As soon as I even think I'm pg again, I have
to go in for beta hcg's almost daily. And they will do an u/s as soon as
they will be able to see anything. Well thats about it. Once again I thank
you for your kind words and support!

Julie

Old October 18th 03, 04:43 PM
Coccinella

(((((Julie))))),
I am so sorry to hear about your ectopic. It must have been very scary.
Sending pampering vibes your way.

Love

Nicky

Old October 18th 03, 09:12 PM
Honey38ch

Take care, Julie. Again, fwiw, my best friend from high school had an ectopic
and went on to have a healthy pregnancy at age 39. Best wishes,
Honey
Old October 18th 03, 09:29 PM
JNJ

Thanks to all of you. I am hoping to ttc when doc says its okay. My doc
took some pics of everything, my family got to see them(I have not yet, will
at next apt) My mom had said that the left tube itself looked rope like and
all twisted. So she asked my doc if it could have just been deformed and
the doc said there was a good posibility that it was. My right tube looks
normal though. It was all very scary for me cuz I've never had surgery or
anything. I had never even had blood taken till I got pg. I was most
worried about being "knocked out" I was scared that I wouldn't wake up!
Turns out it was no big deal. I wasn't very worried after they gave me the
first stuff that makes you "more comfortable". I'm just glad its all over
with.

Old October 19th 03, 01:04 AM
Jill

I'm sorry to hear what happened.

Jill

Old October 19th 03, 01:07 AM
Jill

"JNJ" wrote
It was all very scary for me cuz I've never had surgery or
anything. I had never even had blood taken till I got pg. I was most
worried about being "knocked out" I was scared that I wouldn't wake up!
Turns out it was no big deal. I wasn't very worried after they gave me

the
first stuff that makes you "more comfortable". I'm just glad its all

over
with.

I am glad to hear you got through it ok. It's easy for people to tell you
how ok it will be and how laparoscopy is not a big deal , but I know that
when you are going through it it is scary and uncomfortable. I'm sending
good thoughts your way.
Jill

Old October 19th 03, 10:04 AM
Elly

"Jennifer from Colorado" ha scritto nel
messaggio news
I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic, but I'm glad you're okay now.
FWIW, my mom had an ectopic that ruptured in 1977 and went on to have
3 more children after that.

My mom also had an ectopic that ruptured in 1971, and had me in 1973.

Hugs and best wishes,
Elly

Old October 22nd 03, 03:40 PM
SMK

JNJ wrote:

[...]

Hi
I have a good friend who had an ectopic and laparoscopis surgery. She
lost one of her Fallopian tubes, but now she is pregnant with her second
child after that!
Hope you feel much better soon!

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old October 27th 03, 02:40 AM
Elle

"JNJ" wrote in message ...
[...]

So sorry I haven't seen this before now, of course I totally
sympathise with what you've gone through. It sounds *so* familiar to
what happened to me. The good news is that if you have no underlying
fertility problems you have a very good chance of being successful
next time.

I know exactly what you mean about being nervous about TTC - I was
actually glad in a way they took my tube out. Having had a previous
ectopic on that side I would have been very frightened of it happening
again, especially since like you I had minimal symptoms. My husband
and I travel alot - I knew I had the last ectopic when we were out of
the country (lucky we were only a couple of days from coming home) and
I would be nervous about having another for the rest of my life.

Hope you are feeling better. What an unlucky thing to have happen. I
hope you are keeping well.

Regards
Elle
Old October 27th 03, 02:51 AM
Elle

"JNJ" wrote in message

Its wierd but my doc said that even though it wasn't alive it was
still growing.

I forgot to mention in my other post that what sometimes happens is
that there isn't an embryo in there by the placental cells keeps
reproducing so that's what forms the mass.

Best wishes
Elle