Good-Bye Germ Theory by Dr. William Trebing

Old January 1st 10, 10:44 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

Default Good-Bye Germ Theory by Dr. William Trebing

"Peter Parry" wrote in message

I suspect the only thing she was ever right about was the amount in
her bank account.

do try harder

"We also hear of the noble work of Father Damien among the lepers of Hawaii,
but we are not told that there was not one leper in the whole of the
Hawaiian Islands before the noble work of Jenner reached them. By the
nineties, 10 per cent of the natives were lepers."---Lionel Dole

Old January 1st 10, 10:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message

"In any discussion involving science or medicine, citing Whale.to as a
credible source loses you the argument immediately ...and gets you
laughed out of the room"

we all know scopies law but it is a logiocal fallacy dear boy. As stupid
as you could possibly get, and just ad hominem essentially. But that is
what you are reduced to when you have absolutely no argument to refute the
documents on whale.

Old January 1st 10, 11:04 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

john wrote:
"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
"In any discussion involving science or medicine, citing Whale.to as a
credible source loses you the argument immediately ...and gets you
laughed out of the room"

we all know scopies law but it is a logiocal fallacy dear boy. As stupid
as you could possibly get, and just ad hominem essentially. But that is
what you are reduced to when you have absolutely no argument to refute the
documents on whale.

I agree with Peter Bodwitch. The evidence is so stupid and flimsey and
so poor, that suggesting that the whale.to site is a good source of
evidence is evidence that the person making the claim has very little
knowledge in the fields of science, evidence and medicine.

John may believe otherwise. It's his choice to ignore good science and
support the utter crap on the whale.to site.

Jeff
Old January 2nd 10, 01:23 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter Bowditch

"john" wrote:

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message

"In any discussion involving science or medicine, citing Whale.to as a
credible source loses you the argument immediately ...and gets you
laughed out of the room"

we all know scopies law but it is a logiocal fallacy dear boy. As stupid
as you could possibly get, and just ad hominem essentially. But that is
what you are reduced to when you have absolutely no argument to refute the
documents on whale.

Please explain why it is a logical fallacy.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old January 2nd 10, 12:40 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter Parry

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 22:44:45 -0000, "john" wrote:

"We also hear of the noble work of Father Damien among the lepers of Hawaii,
but we are not told that there was not one leper in the whole of the
Hawaiian Islands before the noble work of Jenner reached them.

Another unproven unverifiable claim from an unknown source by a
peddler of quack medicine. Is this the best you have?

Lionel Dole

Luminary of the now long defunct National Anti-Vaccination League in
the 1960's and disciple of the unhinged Miss Lily Loat. Remind us,
what were his qualifications and training?

Old January 2nd 10, 03:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 22:44:45 -0000, "john" wrote:

"We also hear of the noble work of Father Damien among the lepers of
Hawaii,
but we are not told that there was not one leper in the whole of the
Hawaiian Islands before the noble work of Jenner reached them.

Another unproven unverifiable claim from an unknown source by a
peddler of quack medicine. Is this the best you have?

Study arm to arm vaccination which was 75% of vaccination in 1890.

"I should be sorry to see a leper cook, and I go further than that. In
vaccinating, I think hardly a medical man would take vaccine lymph from the
arm of a leper infant. I know it has been our practice for the last twenty
years not to do so." ---1883 Dr Henry Ebden, President of the (South
African) Medical Board

Lionel Dole

Luminary of the now long defunct National Anti-Vaccination League in
the 1960's and disciple of the unhinged Miss Lily Loat. Remind us,
what were his qualifications and training?

You mean her, and that is ad hominem, but if you want qualifications try
Crookshank, Russell, Hadwen, etc
http://www.whale.to/vaccine/smallpox_c.html

CROOKSHANK, EDGAR MARCH, M.B. Lond. (Honours in Obst.) 1884, M.R.C.S. Eng.
1881 (King's Coll.); Exhib. and Gold Medallist in Anat. 1st M.B. Lond. 1879;
Fell. King's Coll.; Mem. Roy. Micros. Soc. and Path. Soc.; Prof, of Comp.
Path, and Bacteriol. King's Coll.; late House Surg. King's Coll. Hosp., and
Civil Surg. Med. Staff Egyptian Campaign (Medal and Clasp, Tel-el-Kebir, and
Khedive's Star). Director of the Bacteriological Laboratory, King's
College, London

Old January 2nd 10, 03:36 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message

we all know scopies law but it is a logiocal fallacy dear boy. As stupid
as you could possibly get, and just ad hominem essentially. But that is
what you are reduced to when you have absolutely no argument to refute the
documents on whale.

Please explain why it is a logical fallacy.

you first, explain Scopies law

Old January 2nd 10, 06:40 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter Parry

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 15:35:36 -0000, "john" wrote:

"Peter Parry" wrote

Another unproven unverifiable claim from an unknown source by a
peddler of quack medicine. Is this the best you have?

Study arm to arm vaccination which was 75% of vaccination in 1890.

I hate to have to break this to you but it isn't 1890 any more.

"I should be sorry to see a leper cook, and I go further than that. In
vaccinating, I think hardly a medical man would take vaccine lymph from the
arm of a leper infant. I know it has been our practice for the last twenty
years not to do so." ---1883 Dr Henry Ebden, President of the (South
African) Medical Board

What relevance do you think this quotation, assuming it is correct,
has to today?

Luminary of the now long defunct National Anti-Vaccination League in
the 1960's and disciple of the unhinged Miss Lily Loat. Remind us,
what were his qualifications and training?

You mean her,

I mean Dole, I know Loat had no qualifications or experience
whatsoever as she spent her life as secretary to the league.

and and that is ad hominem,

No, it is asking for the qualifications of the person making a
quotation you are relying upon. It would be nice to see the report
mentioned but I doubt it ever existed. Victorian England had many odd
societies such as the anti vaccination league and all relied upon
hectoring pamphlets and letters to promote their cause. Very few were
noted for the accuracy of their content.

try
Crookshank, Russell, Hadwen, etc

Can't you find anything less than 140 years old? I realise things
like bone waggling and Homeopathy have not advanced since then but
almost everyone else has.

CROOKSHANK, EDGAR MARCH, M.B.

Would that be the Crookshank who thought cowpox and smallpox were
quite different so advocated a more dangerous vaccine made from
smallpox instead?

Hadwen, member of the Plymouth Brethren and the London Association
for the Prevention of Premature Burial. A skilled big-game hunter and
vegetarian.known for his denial of the germ theory of disease.

All this may be of interest to students of the history of medicine but
really, is this all you have to rely upon?

Old January 2nd 10, 06:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

"Peter Parry" wrote in message

Study arm to arm vaccination which was 75% of vaccination in 1890.

I hate to have to break this to you but it isn't 1890 any more.

You claimed smallpox vax never spread syphilis, eg into Hawaii.

What relevance do you think this quotation, assuming it is correct,
has to today?

You claimed smallpox vax never spread syphilis, eg into Hawaii.

Can't you find anything less than 140 years old? I realise things
like bone waggling and Homeopathy have not advanced since then but
almost everyone else has.

Oh really, still to cure anything apart from bacterial infections. And
history, annoying isn't it when it demolishes 150 years of smallpox vax, as
mass death agent. Without saving one single life from smallpox

CROOKSHANK, EDGAR MARCH, M.B.

Would that be the Crookshank who thought cowpox and smallpox were
quite different so advocated a more dangerous vaccine made from
smallpox instead?

Hadwen, member of the Plymouth Brethren and the London Association
for the Prevention of Premature Burial. A skilled big-game hunter and
vegetarian.known for his denial of the germ theory of disease.

All this may be of interest to students of the history of medicine but
really, is this all you have to rely upon?

Yes, history, annoying isn't it when it demolishes 150 years of smallpox vax

Old January 2nd 10, 09:37 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter Bowditch

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Scopie's_Law

"In any discussion involving science or medicine, citing Whale.to as a
credible source loses you the argument immediately ...and gets you
laughed out of the room".

It is self-explanatory, but for those with no ability to understand
English it means that anyone citing a reference source that is known
to be highly suspect must be suspected of lacking any ability to think
for themselves, and therefore whatever they are saying can be weighted
accordingly and dismissed without further examination.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com