2nd Congressional hearing on CPS conduct adoption, foster care

Old November 14th 03, 08:29 PM
Fern5827

Default 2nd Congressional hearing on CPS conduct adoption, foster care

Fortunately, our legislators are not as EASILY FOOLED as the mercenary posters
to this NG.

They know that we are funneling money to an EXTREMELY DYSFUNCTIONAL Government
institution--who sorely lack both accountability and oversight.

The House Ways and Means Committee does not just willy-nilly convene hearings
on what Child Protective does. Even they know that real REFORM IS NEEDED, and
quickly, too.

Subject: Federal Hearing Update
From: (T Fesler)
Date: 11/11/2003 4:04 PM Eastern Standard Time
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/hearin...de=view&id=969

***CHANGE IN DATE AND TIME***

ADVISORY

FROM THE COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS

SUBCOMMITTEE ON HUMAN RESOURCES

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 10, 2003
HR-6-Revised
CONTACT: 202-225-1025

Change in Date and Time for Hearing on Improved Monitoring of
Vulnerable Children

Congressman Wally Herger (R-CA), Chairman, Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Committee on Ways and Means, today announced that the
Subcommittee hearing to examine efforts to improve monitoring of
vulnerable children, previously scheduled for 10:00 a.m. on Thursday,
November 13, 2003, in room B-318 Rayburn House Office Building, will
now take place on Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 2:00 p.m.

Witnesses who are scheduled to appear before the Committee are
required to deliver their testimony to the to the new Congressional
Courier Acceptance Site, at the location of 2nd and D Streets, N.E.,
no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 17, 2003. Please ensure the
address of the Subcommittee office, room B-317 Rayburn House Office
Building, is included. Refer to the Human Resources Advisory No. HR-6
for more details.

WRITTEN STATEMENTS IN LIEU OF PERSONAL APPEARANCE:

Please Note: Due to the change in House mail policy, any person or
organization that is not scheduled to appear before the Committee and
wishes to submit a written statement for the printed record of the
hearing should send it electronically to
, along with a fax copy to
(202) 225-2610, by the close of business, Wednesday, December 3, 2003.

All other details for the hearing remain the same. (See Human
Resources Advisory No. HR-6, dated November 6, 2003.)

FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS:

Each statement presented for printing to the Committee by a witness,
any written statement or exhibit submitted for the printed record or
any written comments in response to a request for written comments
must conform to the guidelines listed below. Any statement or exhibit
not in compliance with these guidelines will not be printed, but will
be maintained in the Committee files for review and use by the
Committee.

1. Due to the change in House mail policy, all statements and any
accompanying exhibits for printing must be submitted electronically to
, along with a fax copy to
(202) 225-2610, in Word Perfect or MS Word format and MUST NOT exceed
a total of 10 pages including attachments. Witnesses are advised that
the Committee will rely on electronic submissions for printing the
official hearing record.

2. Copies of whole documents submitted as exhibit material will not be
accepted for printing. Instead, exhibit material should be referenced
and quoted or paraphrased. All exhibit material not meeting these
specifications will be maintained in the Committee files for review
and use by the Committee.

3. Any statements must include a list of all clients, persons, or
organizations on whose behalf the witness appears. A supplemental
sheet must accompany each statement listing the name, company,
address, telephone and fax numbers of each witness.

Note: All Committee advisories and news releases are available on the
World Wide
Web at
http://waysandmeans.house.gov.