Where are they??

Old November 14th 03, 04:13 PM
Allie

Default Where are they??

Well as I started the poll about refusing the crib, I had a suspicion
this was the road DS was traveling down. Last night he pitched a fit
at bed time and when DH left him to his hysterics he climbed out and
landed with a heart stopping THUMP on the thankfully carpeted floor. I
gave him the choice of bed or pillow to sleep on once he calmed down.
(we gave him a pillow he only play sleeps on in his room on the floor,
it doesn't go in the crib) He chose the pillow so I sang him his good
night song and we didn't hear anything from him until 6:30 this
morning. SOO I am guessing we are well on our way to the big bed move.
I have been reading the archived posts about toddler VS twin beds and
everyone is refering to the 30.00 toddler bed. Well I can't seem to
find them, not online at least as I am stuck at work and can't get to
Target until lunch. Have the prices risen to 100.00 since the posts
were written, it is an issue of us living in Northern VA, or am I just
blind? To be fair I did see a few 50.00 ones, but if I am going to go
that route I guess I would do wood vs cutesy plastic. In any other
season I would just do the twin thing and move on, but with Christmas
coming up we are looking at a lot of expenses and just spending 30.00
appeals to get us some time.
DS is 21 months btw. Hints always welcome!

Allie
Old November 14th 03, 04:21 PM
Cheryl S.

Allie wrote in message
om...
In any other season I would just do the twin thing
and move on, but with Christmas coming up we are
looking at a lot of expenses and just spending 30.00
appeals to get us some time.
DS is 21 months btw. Hints always welcome!

You could just put his crib mattress on the floor, and spend nothing.
:-)

I've seen toddler beds in re-sale shops occasionally. You might call
around to the ones near you and ask if they have one. I bought one at a
garage sale for $10, but unfortunately it's not garage sale season
anymore.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 7 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old November 14th 03, 05:49 PM
Banty

In article , Allie says...

[...]

Looks like his crib days are over. But do you really need a toddler bed, Target
or no, Virginia or no?

How about a twin platform bed (what I did, but my son was older), or even a twin
mattress on the floor until you're ready to put him into a real bed. It's an
expense, but it wouldn't be a wasted one. Another poll, this time of neighbors
and relatives, may turn one up free for you (if you're comfortable with that).

Banty

Old November 14th 03, 06:17 PM
HollyLewis

I have been reading the archived posts about toddler VS twin beds and
everyone is refering to the 30.00 toddler bed. Well I can't seem to
find them, not online at least as I am stuck at work and can't get to
Target until lunch. Have the prices risen to 100.00 since the posts
were written, it is an issue of us living in Northern VA, or am I just
blind? To be fair I did see a few 50.00 ones, but if I am going to go
that route I guess I would do wood vs cutesy plastic. In any other
season I would just do the twin thing and move on, but with Christmas
coming up we are looking at a lot of expenses and just spending 30.00
appeals to get us some time.
DS is 21 months btw. Hints always welcome!

Allie

I have no idea where you'd find a toddler bed for $30, but have you considered
simply putting his crib mattress on the floor? :-) That would be an
absolutely free solution.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
Old November 16th 03, 03:51 PM
Naomi Pardue

I have been reading the archived posts about toddler VS twin beds and
everyone is refering to the 30.00 toddler bed.

It's been a few years (like 8) since I paid $30 for a toddler bed, so yeah, the
price has likely gone up some since then.

Have the prices risen to 100.00 since the posts
were written, it is an issue of us living in Northern VA, or am I just
blind? To be fair I did see a few 50.00 ones, but if I am going to go
that route I guess I would do

wood vs cutesy plastic. I

The one we got, for $30 was a simple tubular metal frame bed. It wasn't cutesy
plastic, but basic. and sturdy. Lasted Shaina until we moved her into a twin
bed.

IIRC, we did get it it Target or K-Mart or something like that.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old November 16th 03, 06:06 PM
Allie

Well we seem to have taken many of the ideas you had, despite me not
having access to your thoughts! I think I was just panicing a little
bit on Friday. We put the side of his crib down and he has slept fine
the last two nights with no attempts to get out of the crib in the
mornings. I did visit our local consignment store and they had one
that would have been just what i wanted, but it was being sold with a
mattress. No need for that as we obviously have one. Question to the
neighborhood listserve has gleened nothing.

My thoughts now are to get a twin mattress and sheets etc. and after
the new year decide if he will be on a platform as you mentioned or a
frame with boxspring etc. So while we need to take action, I am not
sure if he really is ready or if we just experienced a fluke escape.
Needless to say, my comfort level with him being in the crib is MUCH
lower then it was 2 days ago.

Allie

Old November 16th 03, 06:16 PM
Banty

In article , Allie says...

Well we seem to have taken many of the ideas you had, despite me not
having access to your thoughts! I think I was just panicing a little
bit on Friday. We put the side of his crib down and he has slept fine
the last two nights with no attempts to get out of the crib in the
mornings. I did visit our local consignment store and they had one
that would have been just what i wanted, but it was being sold with a
mattress. No need for that as we obviously have one. Question to the
neighborhood listserve has gleened nothing.

You'd probably want to toss the mattress anyway from the consignment store bed,
if so, with or without mattress is the same thing (unless you'd have to pay for
dumping it).

My thoughts now are to get a twin mattress and sheets etc. and after
the new year decide if he will be on a platform as you mentioned or a
frame with boxspring etc. So while we need to take action, I am not
sure if he really is ready or if we just experienced a fluke escape.
Needless to say, my comfort level with him being in the crib is MUCH
lower then it was 2 days ago.

Don't you mean a better comfort level?

Anyway, what of just putting the crib mattress on the floor?

Banty