Early learning, Internet Content and Research

Old November 15th 03, 10:45 AM
Joel

Default Early learning, Internet Content and Research

The 'Not for profit' Kindersite research project is now online at
http://www.kindersite.org and we invite you all to come see

and understand what we are trying to achieve.

PLEASE NOTE. This test version of the site is for educational
professionals and bone-fide parents of young children ONLY. The
childrens site is being built seperately.

There are 2 missions for the project:

1. To allow early learners, irrespective of native language, access to
the best graded content available on the Internet in a safe and secure
environment and allow them to choose and use the content freely

2. For qualified academic educational researchers to study the
childrens usage of the content and follow up their usage to best
understand outcomes of how and if technology should be integrated in
to the educational process

We aks list members to help this stage of the project by:

1. Joining our advisory board (see
http://www.kindersite.org/Advisory.htm
2. Helping 'tiny testers' to use the site and reporting back to us on
the outcome (positive or negative) - teachers and parents
3. Suggesting research projects based on the site
4. Any other form of help and support - we still desperately need
additional funding (corporate or private) to move the project on

Lastly - we are strictly controlling use of the site to ONLY
professionals in the educational community and parents of young
children and you will be asked to register to gain entry to the
working parts of the site. PLEASE DO NOT register any children at this
stage but only their caregivers.

Finally please feel free to contact me at the above if you have any
questions and I hope you enjoy using the site.