Injury Lawyers?

Old August 24th 06, 07:44 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Injury Lawyers?

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Kat,

I am really confused , why are you married to Norm and he is the
biological father of 3 plus "one on the way" children in another group?
Is this a game? Which is the truth ? How can we help you if we are
being lied to?
Bev

xkatx wrote:
If you're talking about groups like m.k., that's how it's always been there.
Back when I had first started with that group, years and years ago, we were
living common. He is only the biological father of Z and A, not B. And he
also is for this next one.
When I joined here a few years back, I was on my own with just B. It stayed
that way until a couple years ago - when Norm and I got together, but since
then, we have NOT lived or claimed common law. The other groups, like m.k.,
I never really disappeared from in that time. I believe I was pregnant with
Z with other groups and it was just after B's was born that I found this
place, as, technically, I was a single parent.

I was searching for some groups for my daughter who is 19 and pregnant
and came across misc.kids.pregnancy and as I was reading some posts
recognised you and was really blown away by what I read! Somewhere
along the way I must have missed your story because I had only known
you to have had B and A with Norm and that your relationship was fairly
new ( couple years) and that you were having this next one of his as
well. I thought the older son was living with his dad ? To whom I never
knew who that was by name? SO as I read that you two have been on and
off for like 7 years altogether and that you were married 4 years ago
and that the older son was his as well I was like whoa ! No wonder this
is so hard for you to figure out with him. 7 years is a long time and
having to go it alone and that you are young as you are makes it harder
for you.

Then I am thinking if you tied the knot with Norm how much more
difficult this is gonna be for you and it changes the legalities
involving the children and all I assume.

Parenting is rough single or not especially if the parents are not a
united front working together in the childrens best interests. This
happens in married parents lives as well.

Whatever the situation is with you and Norm ,the kids have to come
first and as much as breaking up or losing a long term relationship
hurts like hell, you are not the first to face this road. Moving on
takes time, courage and strength, you need to love yourself and respect
yourself and your children. I could not agree more with the "motherly"
lecture/advice Moon gave you .

So then you have your oldest son now living with you as well?

Old August 24th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...

xkatx wrote:
[...]

Oh. m.k.p is a good one. I was 16, he was 17.
Here's where it probably gets even worse, which is why this part of my
personal life I tend to keep to myself as much as possible, as it just seems
to cause more confusion.
Oh well. Z now lives with his mom. At one point, him and his older brother
(now 13) lived with their dad and mom, then just their dad, now they're both
living with their mom. He's over here quite a bit - almost all of last
summer, but this summer, his dad has been half way across the country living
and working. The boys have been spending a lot of time there with no
school, and he's over here (or B is often over there) not so much anymore
(due to Z's dad being further away)
I'm already confusing myself, but Z was place for adoption in open adoption
as an infant. Technically, he has like 2 sets of parents, birth parents and
legal (adoptive) parents.
B's father is Phil. Z, A and this next one's father is Norm. Norm and I
were together, then not, then again, then not and so on.

Then I am thinking if you tied the knot with Norm how much more
difficult this is gonna be for you and it changes the legalities
involving the children and all I assume.

It was common law a while back, but the last couple years has not been at
all. It really doesn't change anything, as at the time, we were living
common law but since I gave up parental rights and all that with Z, there's
no problem there. With B, Phil has no parental rights or anything either,
and same goes for A - for both B and A, I am the one legal guardian - it
would change if we were legally common law or married, I think.

Parenting is rough single or not especially if the parents are not a
united front working together in the childrens best interests. This
happens in married parents lives as well.

I think for now, it's a lot easier on my own without the extra headaches.
There just doesn't seem to be any co-parenting type thing going on, and I
look back and see this has been the case for quite some time.

Whatever the situation is with you and Norm ,the kids have to come
first and as much as breaking up or losing a long term relationship
hurts like hell, you are not the first to face this road. Moving on
takes time, courage and strength, you need to love yourself and respect
yourself and your children. I could not agree more with the "motherly"
lecture/advice Moon gave you .

Yes, I do agree and see exactly where she's coming from. My mom has given
similar advice, but now I don't bother as she tends to get angrier and
angrier (with reason)
It does seem now, though, that I feel a lot better asking for any help
lately. She offers the advice how she sees it, but I also have to take into
consideration that she only sees so much and will only say so much.

So then you have your oldest son now living with you as well?

No, he lives with his mom since his parents split and dad moved a fair
distance away for work.

Old August 24th 06, 08:16 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...

xkatx wrote:
[...]

Holy macaroni Kat ! I am so sorry that I opened that all up like that.
Yes the twists and turns in all this can confuse a mind rather quickly
( my mind even quicker!) I couldn't follow how Z was you and Norms son
but yet he was not living with you , again I apologise for making you
explain and appreciate that you did. You could have just told the nosey
"old lady" to mind her p's and q's ! smile
Bev

Old August 24th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...

xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...

xkatx wrote:
[...]

LOL No, it's alright. It's normally just the confusion part I like to avoid
at most costs...
You're lucky you're not around when we're all out and about... There's N
(Z's older brother, adopted as well), Z, B, A, N & Z's mom and dad, me,
Norm...
It's a crazy time, as Z and B are brothers, Z and N are brothers, B and A
are brother and sister, Z and A are brother and sister, N and A and Z and B
are brothers and sister... Oh my. Don't worry... When it comes down to
someone asking, it's quite amusing if the parents of all these kids are
around and EVERYONE is mom or dad or whatever, my brother, your brother,
their sister, whatever.
It's just hard to explain, that's all.
I guess, just now, I realized that a lot of this garbage is hard to explain
all around and it is a big, huge mess with everything in general...