baby kicks in subsequent pg

Old March 15th 04, 08:33 PM
ted

Default baby kicks in subsequent pg

When did you feel the baby kick in your second and subsequent pg? In
my first pg, it was around 24 weeks for me. I heard we'll feel it
sooner in the subsequent pg because we know what it feels like. I
can't wait to feel this baby. My DD was very mellow and hardly kicked.
I can't wait to see what this baby does.

For me, it doesn't really sink in until the baby actually starts
kicking.
Old March 16th 04, 12:21 AM
HollyLewis

When did you feel the baby kick in your second and subsequent pg? In
my first pg, it was around 24 weeks for me. I heard we'll feel it
sooner in the subsequent pg because we know what it feels like. I
can't wait to feel this baby.

I didn't feel it until 21 or 22 weeks with my first and it drove me wild
because all the "week by week" type info I could find suggested that 16-18
weeks was typical! I'm so glad to find someone who didn't feel it until even
later. :-) (Do you know if you had an anterior placenta? I understand that's
often the reason that a mom doesn't feel the baby move as early or as much.)

This time, I felt the first kicks at 18 weeks. So, yeah, it was a little
earlier -- but not dramatically so. And it was definitely easier to be certain
that *was* what I was feeling, since I knew what it would feel like. ("Gas
bubbles" never struck me as a very accurate description.)

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old March 16th 04, 05:24 PM
Welches

ted wrote in message
om...
When did you feel the baby kick in your second and subsequent pg? In
my first pg, it was around 24 weeks for me. I heard we'll feel it
sooner in the subsequent pg because we know what it feels like. I
can't wait to feel this baby. My DD was very mellow and hardly kicked.
I can't wait to see what this baby does.

For me, it doesn't really sink in until the baby actually starts
kicking.

24+ weeks #1.
15.5 weeks (to my surprise) #2.
(on u/s both were active, I just felt it more with #2)
Debbie

Old March 17th 04, 12:11 AM
Jess

If "gas bubbles" doesn't describe it, is there a better description?
I am 17 1/2 weeks (1st preg) and haven't felt anything yet. Well- I
take that back- if I concentrate, I feel all sorts of things, but I
think I am reading too much into normal "tummy activity." I'd love to
hear from everyone on when they first felt movement and what it felt
like.
Jess
8/26/04
Old March 17th 04, 12:19 AM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Jess wrote:

If "gas bubbles" doesn't describe it, is there a better description?
I am 17 1/2 weeks (1st preg) and haven't felt anything yet. Well- I
take that back- if I concentrate, I feel all sorts of things, but I
think I am reading too much into normal "tummy activity." I'd love to
hear from everyone on when they first felt movement and what it felt
like.

Gas bubbles never made sense to me either and I've got a big 'un in
there now at 36 weeks!

It's like a little muscle spasm you didn't know was coming. Like if
you've ever had a muscle tic in your cheek or leg or whatever...

Very early on it's like a little butterfly twittering around tickling
you in one particular spot down low in your tummy.

Old March 17th 04, 01:09 AM
HollyLewis

It's like a little muscle spasm you didn't know was coming. Like if
you've ever had a muscle tic in your cheek or leg or whatever...

Very early on it's like a little butterfly twittering around tickling
you in one particular spot down low in your tummy.

Those are both pretty good descriptions.

It's just like someone tickling or poking you -- only it's internal, and you
don't know when it's coming. :-)

And you may feel it much lower than you expect, especially early on -- I often
feel the baby essentially stomping on my cervix. :-P

With my first, for a day or so I felt a few sensations I wasn't sure about, and
then finally a very definite kick. With this pregnancy, I recognized the
initial flutters right away.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04