To Vaccinate or not to vaccinate

Old July 6th 08, 12:44 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

Default To Vaccinate or not to vaccinate

http://bandtjohnson.wordpress.com/20...-to-vaccinate/

Chloe's scheduled to go for her two month immunizations next Thursday.
Yes, I know I am a little late. The more and more I read, the less I want
to get them for her. One of the biggest concerns is the rise of autism
which is caused by the mercury based preservative, thimerasol. Currently
the only vaccine in Alberta that contains this component is the Hep B
Vaccine and the flu shot, which Chloe will definitely not be getting. Many
people say that there is not a link from vaccines to autism and that I am
just getting this information from my mom, who is more into natural and
homeopathic medicine than traditional medicine. However, since 1989, the
rate of autism has increased from about 1 in 2500 to 1 in 166 children.
Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Vaccine Datalink
states that children who were immunized with three vaccines containing
thimerosal were 27 times more likely to develop autism than children who
receive thimerosal free vaccines. Thimerosal has been removed from some
vaccines, yet there are a few that still contain this dangerous
preservative, including most flu shots. Evidence has been found that
suggests that the link between thimerosal containing vaccines and autism had
a higher risk than that between lung cancer and smoking cigarettes.

As a pregnant woman, you are told not to eat shark (which I know was a
staple of my diet before I got pregnant), swordfish or too much tuna as the
mercury levels are too high and could cause your baby neurological problems,
yet we inject our children with mercury shortly after they are born, in some
cases, as little as 24 hours. If children are given all the recommended
vaccinations (and there are many), they will receive 2370 times the
allowable safe limit for mercury in the first two years of life. (This
number may have dropped since the removal of thimerosal from most vaccines).
Since 1999, the FDA has requested that vaccine manufacturers remove
thimerosal from vaccines. Since this time, and the removal of thimerosal
from most childhood vaccines, the increase of reported rates of autism and
other related neurological disorders has not only stopped, but has
decreased by as much as 35%, according to the Journal of American Physicians
and Surgeons.

While your doctor may claim that there is no link between vaccines and
autism, consider this; On November 9, 2007 the US government conceded a
vaccine-autism case in the Court of Federal Claims, despite years of
insisting that there was no link between the two.

So before you start signing your child up for 6 billion immunizations, do
some research and pass on the ones containing this preservative. At least
in Alberta, the only shots that contain thimerosal are not really necessary.
A flu is a flu and everybody gets them. Also, the flu shot is based off
last years flu so i does not actually prevent you from getting the flu as
the next year is a new strain of the virus. Hep B can only be contracted
through contact with blood or bodily fluids from an infected person (much
the same as HIV) so it is also not necessary until your child is much older,
if they have a healthcare job or something else of a similar nature. Also
do some research on the other ones and see what kind of things you may end
up having to deal with and weigh if it is really worth the vaccination. I
am not saying that you should not vaccinate your child. I am just saying
research it carefully before you decide. You carefully research your car
seat and stroller purchase or your doctor choice. Shouldn't you closely
research vaccinations as well? As for me I know Chloe will only be getting
DPT on Thursday and MMR at some point before she gets pregnant (many years
from now). Who really wants to hold their child while they are poked with a
needle anyway?