It's over

Old January 6th 06, 08:49 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default It's over

"PattyMomVA" wrote in message
"Mum of Two" wrote and I snipped:
My partner admitted last night that our relationship of 6 1/2 years is
over. I'll have to try and change my work days so that he can have Ana on
his days off. I'll still have her nights but I guess she'll cut out her
lunch time feed on the days he has her. Not that that really seems
important right now, but it keeps it on topic. He'll be moving out to
cause less disruption to Ana's life.
I'm absolutely shattered. It's as though he's died, but worse, and at the
same time not quite as bad. If that makes any sense.

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about this split. It must be hard for you to
imagine being without him. However, I have no doubt that you'll be able
to handle it.

How are things going now? Any better? I hope the two of you see a way to
put Ana's best interests first.

Thanks Patty. Today was a better day, we got a few more things sorted out
and also had a talk about the future that wasn't so icy, so that felt good.
I had to tell my boss & workmates as I had wanted to change days of work,
and that was difficult, but now it's done it's done. I can't shift days
which is a real pain, as I had wanted to work the days that DD's father
would have her. It's only short term though really as by the end of the year
I'll have to find another job anyway as my workplace is moving too far to go
by bicycle. I'll have her three-four days a week, all nights and continue to
work two days a week for the immediate future. We have to go to the family
court by law, which stresses me a bit because we'd like to keep it informal
and sociable. I also had to apply for the single mother's benefit, and they
asked me in a public setting why the relationship had broken down, who left
whom, whether we'd get back together etc. Leave your dignity at the door
kind of situation. Could have been worse, I know someone who applied for it
who was asked loudly "You left an alcoholic? Why didn't you try to *help*
him?!", so I guess I got off lightly when I finally said with exasperation,
"Well you can't _make_ someone love you, can you?".

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old January 6th 06, 10:08 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:49:58 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:

I also had to apply for the single mother's benefit, and they
asked me in a public setting why the relationship had broken down, who left
whom, whether we'd get back together etc. Leave your dignity at the door
kind of situation. Could have been worse, I know someone who applied for it
who was asked loudly "You left an alcoholic? Why didn't you try to *help*
him?!", so I guess I got off lightly when I finally said with exasperation,
"Well you can't _make_ someone love you, can you?".

How awful for you! I'm pretty sure they don't ask those sort of questions
here. If they did I think I'd be pretty rude.

Jeni

Old January 6th 06, 09:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Jen" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:49:58 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:

I also had to apply for the single mother's benefit, and they
asked me in a public setting why the relationship had broken down, who
left
whom, whether we'd get back together etc. Leave your dignity at the door
kind of situation. Could have been worse, I know someone who applied for
it
who was asked loudly "You left an alcoholic? Why didn't you try to *help*
him?!", so I guess I got off lightly when I finally said with
exasperation,
"Well you can't _make_ someone love you, can you?".

How awful for you! I'm pretty sure they don't ask those sort of questions
here. If they did I think I'd be pretty rude.

If I'd known they were going to ask things like that I'd have requested a
private room, I didn't even know you could have a private room until
afterwards. I guess I'm lucky I got someone nice.

Old January 12th 06, 06:32 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Leslie!, was It's over

PattyMomVA wrote:
Hi Leslie,

Where have you been? How are things going at home? Happy New Year!

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Thanks for asking, Patty!

I've been (and basically am still) offline because of a broken computer
that I haven't the funds to fix. I've been meaning to try to get on to
post an update so since you asked I'll go do it now. :-)

Leslie