Ultrasound and MOVEMENT!

Old July 25th 03, 06:59 AM
WD

Default Ultrasound and MOVEMENT!

I had my ultrasound near the end of my 18th week. All's well (as far as I
know, the tech didn't say a lot). The placenta is very low, she said
'possibly previa' but before anyone starts yelling about fear mongering.....
she ~did~ say that most of them move up by the time of delivery. She added
that they would be watching it closely and I'd have at least one more
ultrasound before delivery. It was funny, as she was trying to see the
heart the baby started squirming all over (I couldn't feel anything at the
time) she finally got it later. The cord was between the legs, but she said
she's pretty certain it's a girl.

Two nights ago (week #19) I was sitting and felt what I thought was the
material of my shorts rubbing against my abdomen. I realized it was rather
rythmic, and I wasn't moving. I put my hand over the area and it continued,
just a light brushing feeling. She's finally letting me know she's in there!
=D

I see the doc next week, I'm guessing she'll go over the scan with me and
give me an idea of the EDD based on the scan. (Currently it's Dec 14th)
Any questions I should be asking specifically? Also, when do they generally
do the 1 hour glucose?

TIA,
Wendy

Old July 25th 03, 11:39 AM
Kereru

Any questions I should be asking specifically? Also, when do they

generally
do the 1 hour glucose?

TIA,
Wendy

Congrats on feeling movement. The one hour glucose test if you choose to do
it, is usually done at 28 weeks where I am. Yuck!

Judy

Old July 25th 03, 03:11 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Kereru wrote:
Wendy wrote:

Any questions I should be asking specifically? Also, when do they
generally
do the 1 hour glucose?

Congrats on feeling movement. The one hour glucose test if you choose to do
it, is usually done at 28 weeks where I am. Yuck!

And if you choose to do it, it's usually best to do it as
early as your practice will let you.

best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 25th 03, 03:37 PM
Em

"WD" wrote in message
I had my ultrasound near the end of my 18th week. All's well (as far as I
know, the tech didn't say a lot). The placenta is very low, she said
'possibly previa' but before anyone starts yelling about fear

mongering.....
she ~did~ say that most of them move up by the time of delivery. She

added
that they would be watching it closely and I'd have at least one more
ultrasound before delivery. It was funny, as she was trying to see the
heart the baby started squirming all over (I couldn't feel anything at the
time) she finally got it later. The cord was between the legs, but she

said
she's pretty certain it's a girl.

Congratulations on the (probable) baby girl! How exciting. Isn't it fun to
see what they're acutally *doing* in there?!

Two nights ago (week #19) I was sitting and felt what I thought was the
material of my shorts rubbing against my abdomen. I realized it was

rather
rythmic, and I wasn't moving. I put my hand over the area and it

continued,
just a light brushing feeling. She's finally letting me know she's in

there!
=D

It's funny that you mention the shorts-brushing sensation. When I first felt
my baby moving, sometimes I would at first think it was my shirt being blown
against my belly :-)

I see the doc next week, I'm guessing she'll go over the scan with me and
give me an idea of the EDD based on the scan. (Currently it's Dec 14th)
Any questions I should be asking specifically? Also, when do they

generally
do the 1 hour glucose?

I believe it is between 26-28 weeks. I had mine done at 27 weeks.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Movement detected? Dagny Pregnancy 8 July 17th 03 09:36 AM
movement often enough? Eva Huld Valsdottir Pregnancy 3 July 9th 03 04:02 PM