Slightly OT - No Poos!

Old November 18th 05, 01:59 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Slightly OT - No Poos!

Hi all,

I wondered if I could delve into your collective wisdom for some advice
please.

My DD is exculsivly BF (no solids), and is now 21 wks old. She usually does
one very dirty nappy a day, howver for the last 6/7 days, I have had
nothing.

She's not upset, her tummy doesn't feel hard, she is not otherwise unwell.
Should I be worried? Can her routine change so suddenly to a once-a-week+
poo baby?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Suzanne

Old November 18th 05, 02:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Suzanne S wrote:

I wondered if I could delve into your collective wisdom for some advice
please.

My DD is exculsivly BF (no solids), and is now 21 wks old. She usually does
one very dirty nappy a day, howver for the last 6/7 days, I have had
nothing.

She's not upset, her tummy doesn't feel hard, she is not otherwise unwell.
Should I be worried? Can her routine change so suddenly to a once-a-week+
poo baby?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine doesn't go quite that long between poos, but she can go 3 or 4
days. I've been told that up to 10 days is considered normal in BF
babies.

Amy

Old November 18th 05, 02:37 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

When Noah was born, he had a bowel movement every day, but then
sometime around 1 month to 6 weeks, more time started to elapse between
bowel movements. He started going about every 4-6 days.

good luck!

lisa
micksmom
mick 7-12-02
noah 1-24-05

Old November 18th 05, 03:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Suzanne S wrote:
Hi all,

I wondered if I could delve into your collective wisdom for some
advice please.

My DD is exculsivly BF (no solids), and is now 21 wks old. She
usually does one very dirty nappy a day, howver for the last 6/7
days, I have had nothing.

She's not upset, her tummy doesn't feel hard, she is not otherwise
unwell. Should I be worried? Can her routine change so suddenly to a
once-a-week+ poo baby?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hunters routine changed that fast and he was fine. It is considered normal.
It was one heck of a diaper when it happened...and the smell - wow.

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old November 18th 05, 08:19 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Hi

As long as she does not seem uncomfortable I would not worry. Breast
milk is a very well digested food, there is little waste. My DD2
started much earlier than yours to a roughly 7 day cycle. SHe
maintained this for several months. Then of course she changed again.

Hey it makes for fewer stinky nappies/diapers!

Larissa
DD feb 99
DS mar 01
DD2 dec 03

Old November 19th 05, 02:07 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Amy wrote:
I've been told that up to 10 days is considered normal in BF
babies.

Longer than that, actually; 10-14 days is considered a typical longer
interval, but longer than that may be possible. Jack Newman says that
the record he's aware of is 31 days, but most parents give a suppository
after a couple weeks so it's hard to know how long of an interval really
is normal.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net
Old November 19th 05, 03:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

tristyn wrote:
Amy wrote:
I've been told that up to 10 days is considered normal in BF
babies.

Longer than that, actually; 10-14 days is considered a typical longer
interval, but longer than that may be possible. Jack Newman says that
the record he's aware of is 31 days, but most parents give a suppository
after a couple weeks so it's hard to know how long of an interval really
is normal.

I suppose if you really wanted to kick things off without a suppository
you could give a dose of iron... or blackstrap molasses, pre-teeth that
is...

--
C, mama to 3 year old nursling

Old November 19th 05, 09:24 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Suzanne S" wrote in message
Hi all,

I wondered if I could delve into your collective wisdom for some advice
please.

My DD is exculsivly BF (no solids), and is now 21 wks old. She usually
does one very dirty nappy a day, howver for the last 6/7 days, I have had
nothing.

She's not upset, her tummy doesn't feel hard, she is not otherwise unwell.
Should I be worried? Can her routine change so suddenly to a once-a-week+
poo baby?

My wisdom says *do not leave the house without several complete changes of
clothes* - for you as well. When DD started doing this at 3-4 months, when
she finally went it _stunk_, and it leaked everywhere.. It stunk the whole
house out. She went every 2-3 days after those week long stretches, so we
had 'poo days' and 'non poo days'. We just didn't go out much on 'poo days'.
She's 16 months old now and goes once or more a day again now, so expect
bowel habits to change frequently. A baby's body uses breastmilk very
efficiently, which is why you're seeing the change.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,