Midwives & Home birth vs. an OB & hospital ?

Old September 15th 03, 04:47 PM
Mary Gordon

Default Midwives & Home birth vs. an OB & hospital ?

http://www.homebirth.org.uk/vbacur.htm

Mary G.
(info about the dihescence issue)
1 section, 2 VBACs
Old October 11th 03, 06:21 PM
Jenrose

"LSU Grad of '89" wrote in message

"Jenrose" wrote in message
s.com...

"LSU Grad of '89" wrote in message
short time for the euphoria and less pain in the future. A c-section is

the
ultimate of this--okay, you feel *nothing* for the birth, but then you

have
to recover from major surgery. With a newborn. Yuck. Okay if you need

it,
but to choose it? That's like drinking yourself drunk to cure a

headache,
only to get the hangover 10-fold the next day.

Ever had one ? Ever had a C-section ?

I've had major abdominal surgery (appendix) which involved *less* trauma (in
terms of what was done) than the average C. And no, I would not want to try
to parent a newborn after major abdominal surgery, no matter how fast I heal
(and I heal fast.)

I did, it was not painful, no more
than your epesiotomy was.

I tore, I wasn't cut. And it didn't hurt anywhere near as bad as surgery,
nor for as long.

I was walking the next morning, no problem. Never had any problems with

it,
was able to take care of
my newborn fine. It DID affect when my milk came in, though. I think it

took
5 days becaus e
I had a C-section, even though I was in labor before the C-S.

Nursing was hard enough that first week without having to deal with belly
incision pain. Even my best friend, who had a c-section and recovered so
quickly she was belly dancing within a week or two of the birth, had enough
more pain in her belly that it made nursing harder than it had to be.

Jenrose

Old October 12th 03, 03:46 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Jenrose wrote:

Nursing was hard enough that first week without having to deal with belly
incision pain.

I had laparoscopic gallbladder surgery at 3.5 months
postpartum. Much easier than a C-section, nursing was
well-established, and I was home for hours (with a cranky
baby who was mad about getting a bottle) before I was brave
enough to nurse. And it was a week before I was back to
normal. I couldn't have handled it with a newborn.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old October 12th 03, 09:52 AM

Phoebe & Allyson wrote in message ...
Jenrose wrote:

Nursing was hard enough that first week without having to deal with belly
incision pain.

I had laparoscopic gallbladder surgery at 3.5 months
postpartum. Much easier than a C-section, nursing was
well-established, and I was home for hours (with a cranky
baby who was mad about getting a bottle) before I was brave
enough to nurse. And it was a week before I was back to
normal. I couldn't have handled it with a newborn.

Yes, you could have. It just would have sucked. :-)

--
C, mama to 11 month old nursling
(born by emergent c-section