How many were over due?

Old January 8th 04, 09:26 PM
Jody Pellerin

Default How many were over due?

For those of you who read my wedding post, know my situation. I'm hoping now
I don't go over due. This is my first child. How many of you went over due
with your first? And is so, were you induced?
--
Jody
EDD 29/06/04

Old January 8th 04, 09:53 PM
Rosenugga

DD was born on her due date. Which was nice considering it was her daddy's
birthday. I read a statistic somewhere (don't remember the source) that 5% of
firstborns are born on their due date. Of the other 95% 2/3 of them are late.
Wish I could remember the source of this.
Rose
Mamma to Caity Feb 13 1999 ( Daddy's best birthday present)

Old January 8th 04, 10:38 PM
Kat

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
For those of you who read my wedding post, know my situation. I'm hoping

now
I don't go over due. This is my first child. How many of you went over due
with your first? And is so, were you induced?
--
Jody
EDD 29/06/04
http://jodypellerin.ath.cx/Baby

I was induced for my first baby but it was because my fore-bag burst and 12
hours later labor hadn't started on its own. But DD was actually born on
her due date.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 8th 04, 10:39 PM
Kat

"Rosenugga" wrote in message
DD was born on her due date. Which was nice considering it was her

daddy's
birthday. I read a statistic somewhere (don't remember the source) that

5% of
firstborns are born on their due date. Of the other 95% 2/3 of them are

late.
Wish I could remember the source of this.
Rose
Mamma to Caity Feb 13 1999 ( Daddy's best birthday present)

I read the same thing...I think it was in the Dr. Sears Pregnancy Book and
also possibly in the Parenting Magazine's Pregnancy Book (which is actually
a really good read).
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 8th 04, 10:47 PM
Plissken

I was 2 weeks overdue before I got induced. I wouldn't recommend induction
as it increases the chances for c-section and the labour sucks. You don't
have early labour, it's just right into active labour. I also had a reaction
to the Cervadil and had piggybacking contractions (3 in a row before a
break). Next time I will wait until the baby is ready.

--
Nadene

Old January 8th 04, 11:12 PM
Anne Rogers

I was induced for my first baby but it was because my fore-bag burst and 12
hours later labor hadn't started on its own. But DD was actually born on
her due date.

same for me, but baby was 2 and a half weeks early

Old January 8th 04, 11:26 PM
Circe

Jody Pellerin wrote:
For those of you who read my wedding post, know my situation. I'm
hoping now I don't go over due. This is my first child.

I would recommend not getting your hopes up. A survey I did on this group
not too long ago seemed to verify a study that showed that around half of
first-time mothers go into labor on or after 41w1d if not induced before
then. This means that the majority of first-timers clearly go to or beyond
40 weeks.

How many of you went over due with your first?

Me.

And is so, were you induced?

Yes. Unnecessarily, IMO, at 41w4d. I wouldn't recommend it without a very
pressing medical reason.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [22 mos.] mom)

"Taxi's R Us" -- name of a cab company

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!

Old January 8th 04, 11:42 PM
laurie

Yes, I was induced at 8 days past edd with my first, spontaneous natural labor
at 6 days past edd with my second.

Sorry.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months
Old January 9th 04, 12:07 AM
Larry McMahan

Jody Pellerin writes:
: For those of you who read my wedding post, know my situation. I'm hoping now
: I don't go over due. This is my first child. How many of you went over due
: with your first? And is so, were you induced?
: --
: Jody
: EDD 29/06/04
: http://jodypellerin.ath.cx/Baby

Both of our were late

Clara 42 w 3 d
Niel 42 w 6 d

Neither was induced. Both were homebirths.

Larry

Old January 9th 04, 12:11 AM
Clisby

Jody Pellerin wrote:
For those of you who read my wedding post, know my situation. I'm hoping now
I don't go over due. This is my first child. How many of you went over due
with your first? And is so, were you induced?

I was 15 days overdue with my first. No, I wasn't induced, although my
doctor was making noises about pushing for induction if I went more than
3 weeks past EDD.

Clisby