18mths and still no tea

Old March 3rd 04, 11:25 PM
elizabeth emerald

Default 18mths and still no tea

"HollyLewis" wrote in message
i miss tea. boy, i miss tea.

I don't suppose herbal or decaf types do it for you? :-)

I know I would have a *very* hard time if I had to give up my coffee
completely, so I sympathize!

i like herbal, so i'll be sticking to that for a while. i might try again at
2.5 & see how i go. LOL!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 3rd 04, 11:26 PM
elizabeth emerald

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
elizabeth emerald wrote:

i miss tea. boy, i miss tea. i also miss egg (DS allergic).
i miss peanut butter (withholding until 5yrs because of the egg

allergy). oh
well, at least i know DS is getting the best!

I totally sympathize. I went through my whole pregnancy craving

milkshakes, but
gallbladder problems meant I couldn't have them. Caterpillar's dairy

allergy
was diagnosed right before I had my gallbladder out.

doh! what bad timing.

Some weeks, I'll dream every night that I ate a peanut butter cookie (a

triple
nono for us). And I don't even like peanut butter cookies.

i haven't gotten to the dreaming yet..............
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 3rd 04, 11:27 PM
elizabeth emerald

"Sue" wrote in message
Just remember though that even if it bothered your son, it might not

bother
subsequent children. All you can do is try when the second comes along.
--

someone else pointed this out too. i can only hope!

Old March 5th 04, 03:19 AM
Emily

elizabeth emerald wrote:

i guess this is a bit of a vent.
last time i tried to have a cup of tea was at 10 mths & DS still couldn't
handle the caffeine in my breastmilk and was bouncing off the walls. i
thought i would be ok at 18 mths, but i tried a cup of tea yesterday morning
and still no luck. not as bad, but still couldn't handle it. hmpf. guess i
just have to resign myself to add tea to the list of "can never have whilst
i am breastfeeding" (which might be a very long time, esp if we try for a #2
anytime soon!). i miss tea. boy, i miss tea. i also miss egg (DS allergic).
i miss peanut butter (withholding until 5yrs because of the egg allergy). oh
well, at least i know DS is getting the best!

Hi Elizabeth,

How often is DS nursing these days? Perhaps you could time
your tea carefully and have the caffeine clear your system
before the next nursing session?

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02
Old March 5th 04, 06:02 AM
CY

I think they have minute amounts, but I could be wrong. It also depends on
how the caffeine is removed (I think the "Naturally Decaffeinated" is the
better choice). I drink it out of choice as caffeine makes me climb the
walls, so God knows how it would affect DD!!!
"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message

"CY" wrote in message
newsV61c.9560$Zp.1392@fed1read07...
I love tea too, but after a few experiments I found some great decaf

that
can't tell from the "real thing". Have you tried any of them? (I
personally like Typhoo Decaf from the UK which you can get many places
online - I'll send you a bag or two if you like so you can test it out
before you buy it???) YMMV of course!

i quite like herbal teas (chamomile, peppermint, RRL etc) so i'll stick

with
them. do the decaf teas still have a little caffeine like decaf coffee?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 6th 04, 02:03 AM
elizabeth emerald

"Emily" wrote in message
elizabeth emerald wrote:

[...]

it actually seems to stay in his system for about 3 days. bummer!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 6th 04, 02:05 AM
elizabeth emerald

"CY" wrote in message
I think they have minute amounts, but I could be wrong. It also depends

on
how the caffeine is removed (I think the "Naturally Decaffeinated" is the
better choice). I drink it out of choice as caffeine makes me climb the
walls, so God knows how it would affect DD!!!

yeah, i have a very noticeable reaction to caffeine too. so i guess that's
why DS does. he must get a high concentration from me or maybe just has
inherited my reaction to it?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 6th 04, 03:32 AM
Emily

elizabeth emerald wrote:
Hi Elizabeth,

How often is DS nursing these days? Perhaps you could time
your tea carefully and have the caffeine clear your system
before the next nursing session?

it actually seems to stay in his system for about 3 days. bummer!

Wow -- that's long! But how long does it stay in your
system? I've read that the body clears alcohol from
milk at the same rate as it clears it from the blood.
Presumably something similar might be happening with
caffeine?

Old March 6th 04, 03:51 AM
elizabeth emerald

"Emily" wrote in message
newsDb2c.121767$Xp.539024@attbi_s54...
elizabeth emerald wrote:
Hi Elizabeth,

How often is DS nursing these days? Perhaps you could time
your tea carefully and have the caffeine clear your system
before the next nursing session?

it actually seems to stay in his system for about 3 days. bummer!

Wow -- that's long! But how long does it stay in your
system? I've read that the body clears alcohol from
milk at the same rate as it clears it from the blood.
Presumably something similar might be happening with
caffeine?

a cup of tea will usually have me alert for at least half a day. but i think
it's harder to tell with an adult. i did read somewhere (was it on this ng?)
that caffeine stays in a child's body for at least 100hrs. scary! i guess
the effects are just more noticeable in some people.

i have always been a "cheap drunk" too as a little alcohol goes a long way
with me. i don't drink these days though.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 6th 04, 01:55 PM