No AF at 14 months - but wanting to TTC #2 - any advice?

Old March 4th 04, 05:38 PM
Tine Andersen

Default No AF at 14 months - but wanting to TTC #2 - any advice?

Cathy" skrev i en meddelelse
Tine Andersen wrote:
I'm delurking to let you know you are not alone. I also want to TTC
#2, but don't want to wean my son (he's almost 20 months) and am
still waiting ... I'm VERY interested in your responses.
Thanks for asking this question,
Samantha

All the best with your trying Samantha. And it can be fun trying
anyway, can't it!!

Not if you have been trying for 2-3 years the first time and you are
trying for no. two! It was a relief to go into fertility treatment.

Tine.

I'm sorry Tine - I didn't mean to offend. I have read a few articles
recently about secondary infertility, which apparently is becoming a lot
more common. A woman I worked with took 8 years to conceive no.2 (she had
undiagnosed endometriosis). I hope you are now sorted with no. 2 (sorry,

don't read nearly as often as I'd like, so I'm way behind).

No - no - no - you certainly didn't offend me :-)

It's way in the past. DD is 11 yo, DS is 6 yo, and i'm NOT - I repeat - NOT
TTC! I'm 43!

But it certainly ruins your s*x life totally - we never re-established it
properly, but life contains a lot more than that, so what the h**k.

Tine, Denmark

Old March 4th 04, 06:56 PM
iphigenia

Beth wrote:

I actually heard it from my family practitioner, who might have
glanced at my charts before hand or recalled that she herself had
referred me to someone who could do intrauterine inseminations of
donor sperm.

Yeah, IUI is hella fun...
(Friend of mine had it done twice - according to her it was entirely awful)

For my part, I thought that the possibility of having a baby made
spending thousands of out-of-pocket dollars, having many donor
inseminations and two metroplasty surgeries just about the most
exciting, entertaining project I'd ever done. How's that for
considering the glass half full? :-)

I'm impressed : ) I never had such an optimistic attitude about it!

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old March 4th 04, 10:27 PM
Cathy

Tine Andersen wrote:
"Cathy" wrote in message

I'm sorry Tine - I didn't mean to offend. I have read a few articles
recently about secondary infertility, which apparently is becoming a
lot more common. A woman I worked with took 8 years to conceive
no.2 (she had undiagnosed endometriosis). I hope you are now sorted
with no. 2 (sorry, I don't read nearly as often as I'd like, so I'm
way behind).

No - no - no - you certainly didn't offend me :-)

It's way in the past. DD is 11 yo, DS is 6 yo, and i'm NOT - I repeat
- NOT TTC! I'm 43!

But it certainly ruins your s*x life totally - we never
re-established it properly, but life contains a lot more than that,
so what the h**k.

Phew, I'm relieved I didn't offend. I'm pleased you got there with no. 2 in
the end.

Cathy

Old March 5th 04, 05:34 AM
Ruth Shear

G'day

Count me in Cathy as another one. 27 months and still no AF. We still
have 1 night feeding most nights. I've been in the "BF or wean to ttc"
mode for 6 months or more, and the balance is slowly tipping for me. I'm
nearly 41 so I am very aware of time pressures. And all my BF friends
here and in real life are getting pg, so I want to too!

Spanannie wrote:

I had 2 or 3 sort of periods, but was still anovulatory with hardly any
uterine lining.

I think i've had the opposite experience. Starting about a month ago I
started to gain weight (having steadily lost about 30 lb of my
prepregnancy weight up till then), broke out with zits, nipples started
to be sensitive again, DS started complaining that my milk was running
out, lots of CM and I could have sworn I was really crampy. And
then.... nothing! Cramps gone. Nipple pain reduced. Zits gone. No
period. What the hell was that all about?

DrRuth
Old March 6th 04, 10:29 PM
Ruth Shear

G'day

Two days ago I wrote:

I think i've had the opposite experience. Starting about a month ago I
started to gain weight (having steadily lost about 30 lb of my
prepregnancy weight up till then), broke out with zits, nipples started
to be sensitive again, DS started complaining that my milk was running
out, lots of CM and I could have sworn I was really crampy. And
then.... nothing! Cramps gone. Nipple pain reduced. Zits gone. No
period. What the hell was that all about?

hold the bus. AF has returned. Woohoo. I never thought I'd be wishing
for it, but after 27 1/2 months we have action. Just in time for my
cross-pacific flight on Tuesday. sigh.

DrRuth
Old March 6th 04, 10:48 PM
Andrea

"Ruth Shear" wrote in message
news
G'day

Two days ago I wrote:

I think i've had the opposite experience. Starting about a month ago I
started to gain weight (having steadily lost about 30 lb of my
prepregnancy weight up till then), broke out with zits, nipples started
to be sensitive again, DS started complaining that my milk was running
out, lots of CM and I could have sworn I was really crampy. And
then.... nothing! Cramps gone. Nipple pain reduced. Zits gone. No
period. What the hell was that all about?

hold the bus. AF has returned. Woohoo. I never thought I'd be wishing
for it, but after 27 1/2 months we have action. Just in time for my
cross-pacific flight on Tuesday. sigh.

DrRuth

Yippee! Congrats!

I was wondering myself. I have had the zits and the cramps and CM for a week
now. The zits are fading so I am hoping AF is going to return as we are TTC
too.

Andrea mom of 5.