Empowering boys

Old March 2nd 04, 01:28 PM
Tiffany

Default Empowering boys

P.Fritz wrote in message
Last time I looked, it wasn't just 'men' sitting on the bench.

And before you bring up the strawman 'men make up most of the legislature'
arguement........women are the voting majority.

Regardless of who is one the bench, the fact is we like to think they are
doing the right thing for the PEOPLE but they just aren't. They are about
the bottom line, money.

Tiffany

Old March 2nd 04, 01:31 PM
Tiffany

V wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

I have a feeling that the 1 out of 6 is a phony statistic......

Actually it is a real stat. Do some research and find out. Nothing here is
phony.

Can you post where that research came from? It just seems to me that with
the high stats of those who were raped, molested, ect that just about every
one has been molested or raped.

Old March 3rd 04, 03:03 AM

"Paul Fritz" wrote in message

Not a problem is the 'seriousness of the accusation" doesn't take
precendent over the facts............as evidenced by the number of people
being exonerated by DNA.

Yeah...uhm...before DNA was fully established ...like cases before DNA was
used in cases. There is not usually a rape where some sort of physical
evidence is available.

Old March 3rd 04, 03:04 AM

"Paul Fritz" wrote in message

"V" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

I have a feeling that the 1 out of 6 is a phony statistic......

Actually it is a real stat. Do some research and find out. Nothing here

is
phony.

No, you made the statement, the burden of proof is on you.

BTW, just because something is a statistic, doesn't mean it is not a phony
statistic.

There is no burden of proof. I am not the state prosecuting a case. This is a
newsgroup.
Now kiss off. Your ignorance makes me sick.

Old March 3rd 04, 03:06 AM

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Can you post where that research came from? It just seems to me that with

the high stats of those who were raped, molested, ect that just about every
one has been molested or raped.

www.acar.org
go to bureau of justice stats....look up UCR. Now these are not the ones NOT
reported and we all know rape is the most unreported crime, especially among
men.

Old March 3rd 04, 03:13 AM

"Tiffany" wrote in message

I would suggest telling the boys exactly what you tell the women. It is
possible for men to be taken advantage of the same way women are.

We do, but it seems that since the beginning of time, women have been
disadvantage in fending off rape. It does happen to males and we address that
issue.

You also
need to tell them it does happen to men and it does need to be reported. I
would also throw in a bit about how men need to start covering their own
asses when it comes to sex and always wear condoms, regardless of what the
women says.

That is something for mothers to talk to their preteen sons about, not an
assault counselor, I come in after the fact.

As I tell girls, have your own condoms so you are not relying on
a dude's condom that might be 5 years old.

Why do we feel the need to empower any one group? Why not spend the time
teaching basic morals on treating all beings decently?

Listen Tiffany: I do not want to argue this fact anymore. Teaching morals is
done in the home and organizations, like the one I work with can only do so
much. Also the education system used to have an ethics and morals class, but
it has long been gone. I think that girl power, an organization is special and
is geared towards young girls and did not know what organziations might be
geared towards young boys.

Old March 3rd 04, 03:14 AM

"Tiffany" wrote in message

P.Fritz wrote in message
Last time I looked, it wasn't just 'men' sitting on the bench.

And before you bring up the strawman 'men make up most of the legislature'
arguement........women are the voting majority.

Regardless of who is one the bench, the fact is we like to think they are
doing the right thing for the PEOPLE but they just aren't. They are about
the bottom line, money.

Tiffany

What bench are you talking about? The judges or the congress who makes the
laws?
Curious,

Old March 3rd 04, 04:20 AM
Tiffany

V wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

[...]

We were arguing? I must have missed that. lol

Old March 3rd 04, 08:43 AM
CME

"Darkfalz" wrote in message
"V" wrote in message
I know alot of empowering young women and girlpower and I have read many
periodicals and books on the subject.
Now, I am searching for empowering young men and boypower. The search is

very
skim. I have read, Bad Boys and Raising Boys, but there is just not as

much
out there on this subject as far as programs to help boys, besides YMCA.
I know there is boy scouts and girl scouts, etc, but they are something

that
is not close by in our area.
I am going to be getting some ideas together to begin a program within

the
school system that empowers our young men. I have been reading a lot of

stuff
to present to some rape crisis volunteers on the history of rape. This

is
what
got me to think about how men are raised to commit such a horrible act.
Then I think of their home life, etc. and it is a serious factor?
What do you guys think?
I will be going to school (senior highs) and speaking to young women

about
rape prevention, but just what can I tell the boys?
Sorry about the long rant.
Thanks.
The teacher will appear when the pupil is ready.

Men are already empowered in a different way.

"Female empowerment" is more or less "think only about yourself and step
over anyone who gets in your way". And modern female have taken to that

with
almost religious fervor.

However, men are the complete opposite. They compromise, they are
considerate, they help their fellow human beings. THIS is the true
empowerment, empowerment of the soul. What women are doing is simply evil.

That's sarcasm right? I coulda swore my S. Radar was blinkin...

Christine

Girls Don't Deserve Any Unfair Advantages Over Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fair For All General 0 April 13th 04 05:26 PM
My Wish Fair For All General 25 April 8th 04 05:33 PM
OT religion and smacking teapot Breastfeeding 170 March 19th 04 02:41 AM
Most Misandrists are Cruel to Boy Children Fair for all General 0 March 12th 04 02:37 AM
Review: Bad Boys II (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 August 4th 03 09:17 PM