Looking for book recommendations

Old May 22nd 05, 03:48 PM
John

Default Looking for book recommendations

Hi,

We have a 3 year old, who is testing our patience with some behaviours we
want to alter. We have been through most of the "What to expect" books and
are pretty happy with them. So we went looking for the next step, but the
series seems to stop with "WHAT TO EXPECT THE TODDLER YEARS" ... which ends
at 3yrs.

Can anybody recommend a good book that is comparable to the "What to expect"
series for 3-4 yr olds?

Thanks,
John

Old May 23rd 05, 03:50 AM
R. Steve Walz

John wrote:

Hi,

We have a 3 year old, who is testing our patience with some behaviours we
want to alter. We have been through most of the "What to expect" books and
are pretty happy with them. So we went looking for the next step, but the
series seems to stop with "WHAT TO EXPECT THE TODDLER YEARS" ... which ends
at 3yrs.

Can anybody recommend a good book that is comparable to the "What to expect"
series for 3-4 yr olds?

Thanks,
John

--------------------------
Children that young are not able to form a plan to try to "test"
anyone, they barely grasp the difference between fantasy and
reality and won't for many more years. Your notion of his
motivation is both paranoid and abusive. You get from children
nothing more than a reflection of the way you treat them, so
to obtain a better relationship with him, merely TREAT HIM
BETTER!! People get friendship from those they treat like friends.
The exceptions are those raised abusively by others who are still
responding to abuse. Since you raised him so far, you're getting
nothing other than what you DESERVE!
Steve
Old May 23rd 05, 03:30 PM
John

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
John wrote:

[...]

WOW!!!! I was not expecting that at all!

I think you read too much into my post.

If you don't mind me saying so, and I may have misinterpreted your
intentions. But I picked up on a bit of anger in your post and have to
wonder where that came from.

I think its safe to assume anybody posting questions in this newsgroup would
be a caring parent looking for knowledge to become better. Especially,
since posting to a group like this is something only a caring parent would
even conceive of doing.

You seem to have a lot of your own issues built up which you should try to
resolve.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
John

PS-IMHO; seeking the friendship of your kids should be a secondary priority
after gaining thier respect.

Old May 23rd 05, 09:04 PM
Sue Larson

[...]

Welcome to our world. Steve is just telling it like it is, as he does with
everyone. You have to read between the lines -- he knows what he is talking
about. Start with your PS and you will not need any "how to" books. By
seeking the friendship of your kids, you will automatically be treating them
with respect (being that you do treat a "friend" respectfully). You will
automatically gain their respect without even having to try. You reap what
you sow, so make sure you sow very lovingly for the entire 18 years of your
child's life and beyond. I know you're going to say that your three year old
is too young to be friends with. This is where I say read between the lines.
Treat your child with respect, love, honor and patience. Treat him as you
would a friend (with respect, love, honor and patience). It's as simple as
that. Good luck. (Steve doesn't need it. He did it right.)

Susan
.. .