Adopting step child

Old August 4th 05, 10:38 PM
Werebat

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message
news:XBvIe.68286$FP2.20431@lakeread03...

Moon Shyne wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

I have said that very same thing to fathers and mothers before. Honesty
can be painful at times.

So that's how a father can get out of paying his child support? Abandon
his kids until he gives up his parental rights? You SURE you want to
promote this?

Get a job, ya bum!

I have one, thanks!
(And I'm a mom with sole custody - their father hasn't so much as called
them in over 2 years)

Well, I'm a father who has his son in his care equal hours, which means
his Mom has him when I work and I have him when I'm not working. And
she doesn't work.

And I've been jailed for non-payment of support.

Support for which I've never missed a payment.

And DCSE has used their power to extort hundreds of dollars from me that
was never owed.

Frankly, I *wish* I was in your situation. Other than the pain it would
cause my son, I can't think of any negatives to his mother dropping off
the face of the Earth.

- Ron ^*^

Old August 4th 05, 11:29 PM
Moon Shyne

"Werebat" wrote in message
newsTvIe.68289$FP2.27335@lakeread03...

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message
> [...]

Moon Shyne wrote:

wrote in message
legroups.com...

I have said that very same thing to fathers and mothers before. Honesty
can be painful at times.

So that's how a father can get out of paying his child support? Abandon
his kids until he gives up his parental rights? You SURE you want to
promote this?

Get a job, ya bum!

I have one, thanks!
(And I'm a mom with sole custody - their father hasn't so much as called
them in over 2 years)

Well, I'm a father who has his son in his care equal hours, which means
his Mom has him when I work and I have him when I'm not working. And she
doesn't work.

And that entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

And I've been jailed for non-payment of support.

And THAT entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Support for which I've never missed a payment.

They just jailed you for no good reason....

And THAT entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

And DCSE has used their power to extort hundreds of dollars from me that
was never owed.

And you had no records to show that you had paid it? What's wrong with this
picture?

Frankly, I *wish* I was in your situation. Other than the pain it would
cause my son, I can't think of any negatives to his mother dropping off
the face of the Earth.

Well, you can wish that pain on your child as much as you want, though I'm
not sure why you'd wish pain on your child.. Dealing with the effects of
abandonment by a parent, on the children, sucks for the children AND the
parent who's left to pick up the pieces.

- Ron ^*^

Old August 5th 05, 06:31 PM

If a parent abandons their child (or is dangerous to his/her
well-being), then I fully advocate termination of parental rights. The
effects of abandonment are there whether or not rights are terminated.
That's just something you have to deal with among a myriad of other
issues. But you accepted that responsibility when you became a parent.

I don't believe in prolonging the torture and disappointment of
children. Filling their heads with false promises is cruel.

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message
> [...]

Moon Shyne wrote:

legroups.com...

Old August 5th 05, 07:59 PM
Werebat

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message
> [...]

Moon Shyne wrote:

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

I have said that very same thing to fathers and mothers before. Honesty
can be painful at times.

So that's how a father can get out of paying his child support? Abandon
his kids until he gives up his parental rights? You SURE you want to
promote this?

Get a job, ya bum!

I have one, thanks!
(And I'm a mom with sole custody - their father hasn't so much as called
them in over 2 years)

Well, I'm a father who has his son in his care equal hours, which means
his Mom has him when I work and I have him when I'm not working. And she
doesn't work.

And that entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Yep.

And I've been jailed for non-payment of support.

And THAT entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Yep.

Support for which I've never missed a payment.

They just jailed you for no good reason....

I've told my story here before, and I'm not going to repeat it for you
in this thread. Do a google search if you really care.

And THAT entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Yep.

And DCSE has used their power to extort hundreds of dollars from me that
was never owed.

And you had no records to show that you had paid it? What's wrong with this
picture?

See above.

Frankly, I *wish* I was in your situation. Other than the pain it would
cause my son, I can't think of any negatives to his mother dropping off
the face of the Earth.

Well, you can wish that pain on your child as much as you want, though I'm
not sure why you'd wish pain on your child.. Dealing with the effects of
abandonment by a parent, on the children, sucks for the children AND the
parent who's left to pick up the pieces.

Mooncalf, what sickens me about you is that you constantly ****, moan,
whine, and bitch about how *hard* you life is, and what a *martyr* you
are, when what you actually have is something that I would consider "easy".

How would you feel if your ex suddenly reappeared and you were ordered
to let him have the children exactly as many hours as you did, and also
ordered to give him 20% of your gross pay? Oh, and various state
institutions then began harassing you and making trumped-up claims that
you owed them money, with the power to make your life miserable if you
didn't cough up the dough?

And no, I don't wish my son's mother's death on him. The pain it would
cause him is the *only* reason why I don't actively hope for that woman
to just disappear. She is a pathetic parasite with a full-on
entitlement mentality -- as are YOU.

Now you'll undoubtedly go back to your smug, superior entitlement
attitude and whine on and on about how tough you have it and about how
all CPs are martyrs. How about CPs who also have to pay CS and deal
with corrupt state agencies picking their pockets and throwing them in
jail? How about them, Mooncalf?

You whine and you whine and you whine, and it never ends. What I want
you to do it this -- **** OFF!

- Ron ^*^

Old August 6th 05, 08:33 AM

This Moonshyne individual should take a serious look in the mirror. If
you feel that giving all you have (of course you are not giving
everything, most people in todays society have the means to support
their children) to your children is such a burden, then why did you
choose to have children in the first place? And yes, it was your
choice, by every definition of the word. Many of those who are NCPs,
or cannot have children due to medical reasons, would love to be in
your position. Maybe you should go parent your kids instead of spending
so much time on this board.

Old August 6th 05, 08:36 AM

Oh and another thing, I am so sick of this proud "I am a mom and" spill
that so many women seem to get off on nowadays. So you are "a mom." You
managed to do what millions of women before you have done, bravo for
you.

Old August 6th 05, 01:04 PM
Moon Shyne

wrote in message
ups.com...
If a parent abandons their child (or is dangerous to his/her
well-being), then I fully advocate termination of parental rights.

You've just handed every CS payer the way to get out of supporting their
children - congratulations.

The
effects of abandonment are there whether or not rights are terminated.

And you've provided a financial incentive to aobandon - congratulations.

That's just something you have to deal with among a myriad of other
issues. But you accepted that responsibility when you became a parent.

You've handed them a way to avoid the responsibility - don't you see the
flaw?

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message
> [...]

Moon Shyne wrote:

legroups.com...

Old August 6th 05, 01:13 PM
Moon Shyne

"Werebat" wrote in message

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message
> [...]

Moon Shyne wrote:

wrote in message
oglegroups.com...

I have said that very same thing to fathers and mothers before.
Honesty
can be painful at times.

So that's how a father can get out of paying his child support?
Abandon his kids until he gives up his parental rights? You SURE you
want to promote this?

Get a job, ya bum!

I have one, thanks!
(And I'm a mom with sole custody - their father hasn't so much as called
them in over 2 years)

Well, I'm a father who has his son in his care equal hours, which means
his Mom has him when I work and I have him when I'm not working. And she
doesn't work.

And that entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Yep.

How do you figure that? I have a full time job, I do free lance work on
nights and weekends, I am the sole parent raising 2 children. How do you
think that you are entitled to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

And I've been jailed for non-payment of support.

And THAT entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Yep.

How do you figure that? I have a full time job, I do free lance work on
nights and weekends, I am the sole parent raising 2 children. How do you
think that you are entitled to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Support for which I've never missed a payment.

They just jailed you for no good reason....

I've told my story here before, and I'm not going to repeat it for you in
this thread. Do a google search if you really care.

You insist that I'm a bum who needs to get a job - was that designed to make
me care about your situation of non-payment?

And THAT entitles you to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

Yep.

How do you figure that? I have a full time job, I do free lance work on
nights and weekends, I am the sole parent raising 2 children. How do you
think that you are entitled to tell me "Get a job, ya bum!"?

And DCSE has used their power to extort hundreds of dollars from me that
was never owed.

And you had no records to show that you had paid it? What's wrong with
this picture?

See above.

Perhaps you should, you bum.

Frankly, I *wish* I was in your situation. Other than the pain it would
cause my son, I can't think of any negatives to his mother dropping off
the face of the Earth.

Well, you can wish that pain on your child as much as you want, though
I'm not sure why you'd wish pain on your child.. Dealing with the
effects of abandonment by a parent, on the children, sucks for the
children AND the parent who's left to pick up the pieces.

Mooncalf, what sickens me about you is that you constantly ****, moan,
whine, and bitch about how *hard* you life is, and what a *martyr* you
are, when what you actually have is something that I would consider
"easy".

Oh? What have I said that you have clearly construed as any sort of "****,
moan, whine, and bitch about how *hard*" [my] life is, and what a *martyr*
[i] are, when what [i] actually have is something that [you] would
consider "easy"."

Seems to me that I have said nothing about my particular life until you
launched an attack, telling me "Get a job, ya bum!"? Until them, you were
the one bitching about going to jail and your arrears situation.

How would you feel if your ex suddenly reappeared and you were ordered to
let him have the children exactly as many hours as you did, and also
ordered to give him 20% of your gross pay? Oh, and various state
institutions then began harassing you and making trumped-up claims that
you owed them money, with the power to make your life miserable if you
didn't cough up the dough?

Ahh so you want this to be all about you? Is that it? Precisely the thing
you have accused me of?

And no, I don't wish my son's mother's death on him. The pain it would
cause him is the *only* reason why I don't actively hope for that woman to
just disappear. She is a pathetic parasite with a full-on entitlement
mentality -- as are YOU.

So now, I'm a parasite as well as a bum? Since when did you become an expert
on me, when you know virtually nothing about me?

Now you'll undoubtedly go back to your smug, superior entitlement attitude
and whine on and on about how tough you have it and about how all CPs are
martyrs.

How about posting where I've said any of that?

How about CPs who also have to pay CS and deal
with corrupt state agencies picking their pockets and throwing them in
jail? How about them, Mooncalf?

Nothing like painting ALL CP's with the same brush, moron. So tell me, how
much CS do I receive? How much am I pocketing after starving my children,
ignoring their needs? C'mon, you're such an expert, how many days did I
force my child to suffer illness so that I didn't have to pay for medical
attention? C'mon, little man - let's hear all about it.......... and you
accuse ME of whining?

You whine and you whine and you whine, and it never ends. What I want you
to do it this -- **** OFF!

LMAO!! you broke my irony meter with all your whining - perhaps you should
shut up and tend to your chikldren, ya bum!

- Ron ^*^

Old August 6th 05, 01:15 PM
Moon Shyne

"J" wrote in message
oups.com...
This Moonshyne individual should take a serious look in the mirror. If
you feel that giving all you have (of course you are not giving
everything, most people in todays society have the means to support
their children) to your children is such a burden,

I'm not the one who said it was a burden - I asked the OP if they truly
supported stripping an absent parent of their parental rights.

then why did you
choose to have children in the first place?

I love my children - I don't see where I've said that raising them is a
burden.

And yes, it was your
choice, by every definition of the word.

Did you read something where I posted that it was or wasn't my choice to
have children?

Many of those who are NCPs,
or cannot have children due to medical reasons, would love to be in
your position.

I don't recall saying anything that could possibly translate to not wanting
my children - perhaps you could refresh our collective memories?

Maybe you should go parent your kids instead of spending
so much time on this board.

And exactly how much time do you see that I've spent on this board? My
kids are quite well, thanks!

Old August 6th 05, 01:17 PM
Moon Shyne

"J" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh and another thing, I am so sick of this proud "I am a mom and" spill
that so many women seem to get off on nowadays. So you are "a mom." You
managed to do what millions of women before you have done, bravo for
you.

I'm curious - why don't fathers seem to feel the same pride? Why do so many
of them sit around ****ing and moaning about having to provide support for
their children? Surely, they don't think that all of the child's needs can
be met at no cost, do they? (EXcept Chris, who insists that you can raise
children without a single dime, even though he's never bothered to back that
up with some realistic facts and data!)