Can a remarrying mother claim child support from divorced husband

Old December 18th 06, 07:56 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
DB

Default Can a remarrying mother claim child support from divorced husband

"Relayer" wrote in

Oopps..I meant 11 years, noot 16..also, she never DID go to school with
the money I gave her..bought the guy a "Monster Truck" instead.

Doesn't it make your soul feel good to know that you are helping another
human being from being impoverished and that she is happy with a soul mate
too?

Thank God we have laws to protect such helpless women?

Old December 18th 06, 08:27 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
Bob Whiteside

"Relayer" wrote in message
ups.com...

Gini wrote:

According to the letter of the law, they aren't. The child support is

for
the support of the child, not the
family.

In a perfect world. However, in the real world, that simply does not
happen. Again, I only use Illinois as an example. I have been paying an
incredile sum for 16 years now ($4,500 a month). When we first
divorced, she kept the house (ALL OF IT), the car, all the furniture,
the assets, 1/2 my 401K, and received $2000 a month in spousal support
for 4 years to "pay for her rehabilitive education" because she had not
worked during our marriage. I was the sole income earner. 3 months
after I was out, her boyfriend moved in, didn't have a job (till this
day, still does not). They married the same month alimony ended. I also
pay for braces for my kids, all educational expenses, medical, life
insurance. Neither adult has ever worked. They both drive new cars,
like in a huge house, etc. My kids dress like crap and I buy them
clothes. Courts wouldn't do a thing. It's been 11 years now.

Sounds familiar. It's obvious nothing has changed with how the courts view
these situations.

Alimony is awarded to allow divorced women to go back to school to improve
their employment skills. When they don't go to school the court won't do
anything.

Alimony is awarded to end only when a woman remarries. When they shack up
the courts won't do anything.

When huge amounts are transferred from men to women through court decrees
and the children don't benefit from the financial windfall, the courts won't
do anything.

These legal decisions are based on "assumptions" and when the court can be
shown they made the wrong "assumptions" the courts won't acknowledge they
made a mistake and take steps to fix the errors.

Old December 18th 06, 08:32 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
Relayer

DB wrote:

Doesn't it make your soul feel good to know that you are helping another
human being from being impoverished and that she is happy with a soul mate
too?

Thank God we have laws to protect such helpless women?

Believe me, she is far from helpless. The laws are great. I paid her
almost 50% of my net income, and then another 36% of my gross on top of
that to the government for taxes, used to pay people who are supposed
to protect me..in Illinois, it's pretty much a cut and dry 32% of net
for 3 kids and I have NO PROBLEM paying that. I just don't like
supporting her and her husband. I'd like that program they are
on..where do I sign up for THAT DEAL?

Even IF her husband went out and earned $500,000,000 a year, it has no
bearing on child support amounts in Illinois. I'd still be paying.

Oh, and listen to this. The judge ordered me last November to pay
$6,850 in medical/educational expenses (which were all bogus..as an
example, school clothes, school lunches, car insurance for my kids to
drive to school instead of the bus..stuff that was paid for in cash..no
receipt...judge still ruled in her favor). So I wrote her a check for
$7,000 flat as payment. I DIDN'T write "judgement satisfied" on the
check memo. Well I want to let the court know I paid it and asked for a
letter stating it. She now says it was a "gift" and refuses to write
the letter.

Old December 18th 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
Trent

"Relayer" wrote in message
ups.com...

DB wrote:

[...]

Seems you need a better attorney. Most laws are written that both parents
are responsible for support,. not the man pay all.

My ex's attorney started sticking **** into the divorce decree that was not
even part of the judgment (insurace, medical bills, etc.) I told that ass
wipe no way am I going to sign that paper and told him just try to enforce
that crap in court.

Have not heard from her or him about it since.

receipt...judge still ruled in her favor). So I wrote her a check for
$7,000 flat as payment. I DIDN'T write "judgement satisfied" on the
check memo. Well I want to let the court know I paid it and asked for a
letter stating it. She now says it was a "gift" and refuses to write
the letter.

Does not matter. As long as you have the cancelled check even a stupid judge
would not believe it was a gift.

Old December 18th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
Relayer

Trent wrote:

Most laws are written that both parents are responsible for support,.
not the man pay all.

Not in Illinois. NCP pays the guideline. Doesn't matter how much $$, if
it was spent on the kids, if it was 100% of their support, if the new
husband makes a ton, if the new husband makes nothing..the CP could
actually take the money, blow it all on hookers and drugs and it
doesn't matter, as long as it's paid. Even if the CP won the lottery,
doesn't matter. In Illinois, it's 32% of net for 3 kids, life insurance
for the NCP, health insurance for the kids, college for the kids.

Does not matter. As long as you have the cancelled check even a stupid judge
would not believe it was a gift.

I know. I just don't relish another court battle. She's hard enough on
the kids as it is and I don't want to make it harder.

Old December 18th 06, 10:46 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
DB

"Relayer" wrote in

Even IF her husband went out and earned $500,000,000 a year, it has no
bearing on child support amounts in Illinois. I'd still be paying.

That's because the courts operate without any morality and have no
conscience.
We are just all paper work for them to process, nobody in authority is going
to question their reckless decisions.

Somebody will have to be held accountable one day for allowing all this
human carnage!

Old December 18th 06, 10:53 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
DB

"Dave" wrote in

The old step father is a child molester angle is known to do wonders for
jealous ex-husbands in a court of law. NOT!

Any man that moves in with her and her kids is guaranteed to have a loose
screw!
A simple background check might reveal a violent or criminal past and would
disqualify him as a legal guardian. She is free to live with anyone she
likes, she is not free to live with just anyone she likes when kids are
involved.

Old December 19th 06, 09:12 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
[email protected]

I am grateful to everyone writing on this thread.
I have been educated.
Society I am most familiar with divorce and 'step' either of them is
practically non existent.
Seperation has begun to be possible only till there is no child.
Step child on account of father remarrying on the mother of the child
dying in most cases end up disappearing.

Thanks again to every participants so far and to those who may continue
to reveal themselves on this thread.

Kent Wills wrote:
I have it on good authority that on Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:53:36 GMT,
"DB" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in

The old step father is a child molester angle is known to do wonders for
jealous ex-husbands in a court of law. NOT!

Any man that moves in with her and her kids is guaranteed to have a loose
screw!

Why is that?

A simple background check might reveal a violent or criminal past and would
disqualify him as a legal guardian. She is free to live with anyone she
likes, she is not free to live with just anyone she likes when kids are
involved.

You are presuming the man is in some way bad. While there are
examples of this, not all are.

--
Kent
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons...

Old December 19th 06, 12:10 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
Werebat

JamesDorset wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:46:09 -0800, NewMan wrote:

Actually, that depends!

In courts here in Canada, if you even LIVE WITH a woman who has had a
child by another man, the courts will rule that the man has "formed a
bond" with the child, and will use this to take money from the poor
sap and give it to the woman in the form of child support! Happened to
a guy living in my building. And to add insult to injury, since he was
NOT the biological father, the court refused to recognize his right to
both custody AND "access" to the child! All he had the right to do was
pay for the child - he has no other rights - even though the child was
not his. And worse for him, the child was only about 2 when all this
happened, so the poor ******* is on the hook for child support for the
next 16 to 23 years! (Message: NEVER get involved with a single mother
with a young child unless you are willing to have your wallet raped by
the courts! Let them get by on welfare!)

That's the biggest crock I've ever heard. Sounds like you are serious
need of reining in your government.

Personally, I would not pay it.

You would ultimately regret that decision, if you didn't want to go in
hiding for the rest of your life.

- Ron ^*^

Old December 19th 06, 05:34 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,misc.legal
DB

"Kent Wills" wrote in message
I have it on good authority that on Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:53:36 GMT,

You are presuming the man is in some way bad. While there are
examples of this, not all are.

Lets just say I have it on good authority that most scumbags tend to shack
up with these desperate welfare moms because they haven't got a job or a
place to stay. When her little Johnnie starts being a burden to him, he
thinks he can control the kids by first yelling and then you know the
pattern of abuse after that. The kids start feeling unwanted in their own
home, but she needs his rent money and will not send him packing.

Think about, if you are well adjusted male with your own place and have more
on the ball than these bums that can't keep a job and have nothing to their
name, why on earth would you want to shack up with momma and her kids?