a little advice needed

Old January 18th 08, 11:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
scaredfather

Default a little advice needed

Pay the child support. At least that's what I see helps. Especially w/
women. Throw the dog a bone and e/thing should be fine.

kennyfan06 wrote:
This is really rare but i am a divorced mother who pays child support. I
currently pay 600.00 for my two boys. Back last year in july my ex husband
put a temporary restraining order on me because i wanted to move an hour away
and he thought i was gonna take the kids with me and not bring them back.
Which was never mentioned or anything. Plus an argument between my brother
and father happened while my children were there the last day i seen them. i
havent seen them at all in six months and he threatens me with if hes not
getting a child support check i cant talk to them and i can only talk to them
two nights a week before seven. here lately he has been getting child support
but not letting me talk to them at all (he wont answer his phone). he
threatens me by saying he will take me back to court since i am four thousand
dollars behind in child support. Anyone have any advice on this at all.

Old January 18th 08, 11:48 AM posted to alt.child-support
scaredfather

On Jan 16, 2:46 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
"kennyfan06" u40691@uwe wrote in messagenews:7e4fa866b9fa9@uwe...
the restraining order was for me wanting to move and he thought i was
taking
them with me and not bringing them back. the restraining order has nothing
do with the child support. but he is not letting me talk to them cause we
have had some "Myspace wars " going on. just childish stuff

This doesn't sound quite right. Judges will sign just about anything when
it comes to RO's and they sign them ex parte so you have to ask for a
hearing to give your side of the story. But an RO should not be used to
modify the visitation terms in a divorce decree. And you have a
Constitutional right to live wherever you want.

Re your other comment - He can have the RO rescinded by telling the court it
is no longer needed. In any event, RO's have expiration dates, but they can
be re-upped.

My personal opinion of RO's is they are attempts to control the other party.
They do not protect anyone from anything. They are just pieces of paper
that make people feel powerful. As an example - my ex knew I was taking our
children on a vacation trip to an adjoining state to see my realtives. She
got an RO telling me I could not take the children out of state. I got it
rescinded, but the issue was she was just being nasty about a lot of things
to give me a hard time.

....My personal opinion of RO's is they are attempts to control the
other party." It's all mind game. If I were you, I would show up to
his house and take my kids w/me on my days. The cops will not do
anything. This sounds like k-fed and britney. You must of done s/thing
really bad to lose custody of your children. I'm not here to judge but
it sounds like you are not telling the whole story.

Old January 18th 08, 11:51 AM posted to alt.child-support
scaredfather

On Jan 16, 8:52 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Chris" wrote "Gini" wrote
"kennyfan06" u40691@uwe wrote
he wont lift the restraining order i have tried to ask him too. he told

me
have to take him back to court first.
===
Why haven't you done that?

Better question: Why did she forfeit her children in the FIRST place?

===
Why is that a better question? I see no relevance.

===

===

I do see relevance if she does not have the children. It says a lot
about a mother. It's really rare that a mother lose custody of her
children. This lady is hiding something.

Old January 18th 08, 04:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini[_2_]

"scaredfather" wrote
I do see relevance if she does not have the children. It says a lot
about a mother. It's really rare that a mother lose custody of her
children. This lady is hiding something.

===
Well, I do know several custodial dads. Actually, I know more custodial dads
than custodial moms. In every case, the mother just didn't want custody
and/or thought they'd be better off with their dad. If my dh and I were
splitting (which we are not), I'd be going alone. My boys are simply closer
to their dad. I would NEVER take them away from him. He is their world. When
my ex and I split, we had no custody arrangement. The boys were free to
mingle between parents and they did. I do not believe kids should be
property to be divided upon divorce. I shudder at the thought.

Old January 19th 08, 05:14 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

..
..
"Gini" wrote in message news:6t4kj.5$NU6.1@trndny01...
"scaredfather" wrote
I do see relevance if she does not have the children. It says a lot
about a mother. It's really rare that a mother lose custody of her
children. This lady is hiding something.

===
Well, I do know several custodial dads. Actually, I know more custodial

dads
than custodial moms. In every case, the mother just didn't want custody
and/or thought they'd be better off with their dad.

Key phrase: "just didn't want".

Old January 19th 08, 05:02 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

"Gini" wrote in

=======
They are called "trials" in FL. Sounds a little silly but that's what they
call it.

It becomes a trial when the amount of money defines a Felony Failure to
pay C$.

Just a quick railroad job so everyone else can get back to their golf game.

Old January 20th 08, 05:57 PM posted to alt.child-support
kennyfan06

ok hold up a minute............everyone is attacking me here......read my
story again....and i am leaving nothing out. i cant go to his house and just
take my kids. he put a restraining order on me because i was gonna move an
hour away. i do not and never have abused my kids in any way shape or fashion.
he has custody only because i didnt have the money for a lawyer at the time
of the divorce and he got everything! including my children. I have nothing
to hide here. You all must not know anymore about the tennessee state laws
than i do.

scaredfather wrote:
the restraining order was for me wanting to move and he thought i was
taking

[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
rescinded, but the issue was she was just being nasty about a lot of things
to give me a hard time.

...My personal opinion of RO's is they are attempts to control the
other party." It's all mind game. If I were you, I would show up to
his house and take my kids w/me on my days. The cops will not do
anything. This sounds like k-fed and britney. You must of done s/thing
really bad to lose custody of your children. I'm not here to judge but
it sounds like you are not telling the whole story.

--
steph

Old January 20th 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.child-support
kennyfan06

what do you mean femanizi lawyer??????
Chris wrote:

This is really rare but i am a divorced mother who pays child support. I

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
that means is your contact with the children is not dependent on whether or
not you pay CS on time.

Non-payment is considered child abuse, thus subjecting the "abusing" parent
to loss of visitation due to being "unfit".

Your divorce decree should spell out the terms of visitation (some states
call it access). If the terms are not being followed you can suggest to
your ex-husband your option to file a Motion For Contempt of Court to force
your right to visitation. I would keep that legal option very low key by
saying you want to work it out between the two of you as adults and not have
to get the court involved with a contempt proceeding.

Why not just hire a feminazi lawyer to re-establish her custody of the
children, thus putting all this to bed?

If your decree has more generic visitation language (something like
reasonable and seasonal visitation) you can get what each court calls their

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
the parents will communicate and be given compensatory time for any
adjustments.

--
steph

Old January 20th 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"kennyfan06" u40691@uwe wrote in message news:7e808256afdc1@uwe...
ok hold up a minute............everyone is attacking me here......read my
story again....and i am leaving nothing out. i cant go to his house and
just
take my kids. he put a restraining order on me because i was gonna move an
hour away. i do not and never have abused my kids in any way shape or
fashion.
he has custody only because i didnt have the money for a lawyer at the
time
of the divorce and he got everything! including my children. I have
nothing
to hide here. You all must not know anymore about the tennessee state laws
than i do.

I think people are wonering about him getting custody because the vast
majority of the time it is the woman that gets custody and the father that
ends up with the short end of the stick. I can see how he could possibly
get a restraining order preventing you from moving the dhildren an hour
away, but how does that keep you from seeing the children at all. What is
the wording in the restraining order?

Old January 20th 08, 05:59 PM posted to alt.child-support
kennyfan06

i have a RO against me not to see my children because i was gonna move and he
thought i was gonna take the children and not bring them back. Swear to god
thats the only reason!
Bob Whiteside wrote:
thanks for all the comments. but we do have a parenting plan and a
schedule

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
a clerk and his wife a few years now. she is in the juvenile department of
the courthouse. i live in Tennessee.

So if you have a parenting plan in place that covers your visitation rights,
there must be some valid reason the court is not willing to enforce the
existing order. What are you restrained from doing?

--
steph