single and hating it

Old June 7th 05, 03:11 AM

Default single and hating it

I need help......i am a single mom of three kids. Their dad decided after
15 years of marriage he wanted his freedom.....divorced me and the
kids.....I am still trying to deal with being just one instead of two....I
do not have much support and have my children 24/7....I am working parttime
as well as doing everything that needs to be done to take care of my
children....I feel quilty because they are not in the same financial
situation, I dont have time to do things I would if their father was here,
plus I dont like asking for help.....trying to be supermom but failing big
time...even with discipline.....Just looking for suggestions even just meal
idea....thanks.....

Old June 9th 05, 02:21 AM

wrote in message
I need help......i am a single mom of three kids. Their dad decided after
15 years of marriage he wanted his freedom.....divorced me and the
kids.....I am still trying to deal with being just one instead of two....I
do not have much support and have my children 24/7....I am working
parttime
as well as doing everything that needs to be done to take care of my
children....I feel quilty because they are not in the same financial
situation, I dont have time to do things I would if their father was here,
plus I dont like asking for help.....trying to be supermom but failing big
time...even with discipline.....Just looking for suggestions even just
meal
idea....thanks.....

Welcome to the group. Single parenting is difficult. We all need a support
system. What particular issues are you dealing with?
V, mom to 11 y/o boy and 9 y/o girl

Old June 9th 05, 08:29 PM
CME

"V" wrote in message

wrote in message
I need help......i am a single mom of three kids. Their dad decided after
15 years of marriage he wanted his freedom.....divorced me and the
kids.....I am still trying to deal with being just one instead of
two....I
do not have much support and have my children 24/7....I am working
parttime
as well as doing everything that needs to be done to take care of my
children....I feel quilty because they are not in the same financial
situation, I dont have time to do things I would if their father was
here,
plus I dont like asking for help.....trying to be supermom but failing
big
time...even with discipline.....Just looking for suggestions even just
meal
idea....thanks.....

Sorry to piggyback...

Try to think of the positives with being single because unfortunately it's
the reality. Some of mine were.

Less laundry and cleaning up after someone else.
I make my own decisions.
There's pride in being self-sufficient.
If I don't want to cook, I can order pizza and not feel guilty.
If I don't want to have sex, I don't have to ^^.
No more arguing.

I'm tired and drawing a blank on more, but you see my point.

Christine