More about my birth experience.. (quick)

Old May 13th 04, 05:43 PM
Jill

Default More about my birth experience.. (quick)

I don't have time to post much since am sooooooooo busy with baby Rachel :-)
but just wanted to mention a few things to update.

You know I was SO worried about visitors and germs? I have not had ONE
thought about germs and people have been really good and respectful. Also--
I WANTED visitors!!! I have let everyone who wanted to, come, and been very
happy and relaxed (and proud!!!)..I have been so laidback and calm and
peaceful!!! What a surprise, I was a little worried. The inlaws (MIL/FIL)
came to the hosptial from outof town while I was in labor and my parents
came. I called MY MOM at 4:30 am when we were on our way.I actually longed
for her and needed her....I did ask them not to come, but they DID show up
and end up knocking on my labor room door....and it was OK!! I was actually
happy to see them. I have actually had my mom SPEND TWO nights here,
helping-- yes, with bath etc and everything has been wonderful. What is up
with that???? We magically put the past behind and get along and everyone
just dotes on the baby...it all just worked out somehow. I think labor was
so much more traumatic with the problems that I feel like nothing else is
that bad at all. LOL. ALL my worries, were so stupid.

So we are all doing ok. My milk has not come in yet though-- it should today
but I am anxious. The baby has been getting colostrum and has a good latch
and is eager to nurse. Also, I think I am having a very similar situation to
Carol Ann in so many ways--- my baby is very good but has taken to crying,
and what she wants is just to suckle. Put her down, she cries, keep holding
her to mama, she is content. it is SO sweet...I have never felt this way.

I am so thrilled.....she has been such a good baby and is so beautiful. It
is very very very hard though- I now know what people were saying about
enjoying my sleep while I still could. For the first time last night she
kept us up all night crying....I look like I have been beat up , have had
very little sleep, but I am so happy....I am not the least bit unhappy,
frustrated, impatient or anything. I feel so patient and loving toward this
baby and actually more toward others as well too. (I did get cranky though
finally, when I realized I had been without food, sleep and a bath for
longer than ever!)

I feel better but am SOOO sore still in my back and swollen , um, bottom
areas. I have had no more nausea at all, have a good appetite......and also
realized that I know nothing at all about babies, it is much harder than
reading and *thinking* you know what to do, when it is actually going on. I
am still a little awkward at those poopy diaper changes. it's not the
change, but putting the diaper on and feeling confident it's on well, but
not too tight, etc.

Also, on a funny note, I did not realize that NEWBORNS , when they have gas,
actually make loud audible expulsions. My tiny, tiny, sweet baby put out a
sound that I thought had to have come from my 200+ pound husband!! My mom
loves the baby, and is very respectful of my wishes and supportive of my
breastfeeding and has been a big help, and she doesn't complain to help me,
she will change a poopy diaper just so I can rest.

Motherhood is nice........but very difficult!

Jill

Old May 13th 04, 05:53 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Jill wrote:

So we are all doing ok. My milk has not come in yet though-- it should today
but I am anxious. The baby has been getting colostrum and has a good latch
and is eager to nurse. Also, I think I am having a very similar situation to
Carol Ann in so many ways--- my baby is very good but has taken to crying,
and what she wants is just to suckle. Put her down, she cries, keep holding
her to mama, she is content. it is SO sweet...I have never felt this way.

Perfectly normal newborn behaviour. :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"Oh please. Now you're the Usenet Savior. Spare me.
At any rate, I don't suspect you'll be able to maintain a nice facade
in any other groups for very long."
~ Nan in MKB

Old May 13th 04, 05:53 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Jill wrote:

[...]

Oh, Jill, I just had to laugh! Not everyone does such
a complete 180 afterwards, and it's possible that things might
take a downturn after the newness wears off a little bit, but
you are now the poster child for it'll-all-be-different-once-the-
baby-gets-here ;-)
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying things and that your
family is really stepping up to the plate. Hang in there--
it does get easier with time (not to mention that the demands
lessen a bit too).

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old May 13th 04, 06:25 PM
Christina

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote

Jill wrote:

it is SO sweet...I have never felt this way.

Perfectly normal newborn behaviour. :-)

And new mama behaviour! ; )

Christina
mom to DS, 2.5 yrs

Old May 13th 04, 06:47 PM
Coccinella

How wonderful Jill that you are doing so well. I am so happy for you. It's
so great to hear that you are getting along so well with your mother. I am
sure that she is head over heels for Rachel!
And finally your nausea has gone. You had for so long.
Any pics of the little one, yet.
Pampering vibes.

Love

--
Nicky

Proud mamma to Alexandra (03/22/2004)

Old May 13th 04, 07:10 PM
Nancy P

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...
I don't have time to post much since am sooooooooo busy with baby Rachel

:-)
but just wanted to mention a few things to update.

So we are all doing ok. My milk has not come in yet though-- it should

today
but I am anxious. The baby has been getting colostrum and has a good latch
and is eager to nurse. Also, I think I am having a very similar situation

Carol Ann in so many ways--- my baby is very good but has taken to crying,
and what she wants is just to suckle. Put her down, she cries, keep

holding
her to mama, she is content. it is SO sweet...I have never felt this way.

Congratulations again. I just wanted to say, if your milk doesn't come in
today to seek help (from a lactation consultant, your midwife, your
pediatrician, or something). Is she dirtying diapers?

nancy

Old May 13th 04, 08:15 PM
Welches

Jill wrote in message
. com...
I don't have time to post much since am sooooooooo busy with baby Rachel

:-)
but just wanted to mention a few things to update.

Glad to hear it's going so well!
Debbie

Old May 13th 04, 10:48 PM
Fer

Jill wrote:
> [...]
|| bottom areas. I have had no more nausea at all, have a good
|| appetite......and also realized that I know nothing at all about
|| babies, it is much harder than reading and *thinking* you know what
|| to do, when it is actually going on. I am still a little awkward at
|| those poopy diaper changes. it's not the change, but putting the
|| diaper on and feeling confident it's on well, but not too tight, etc.
|| Also, on a funny note, I did not realize that NEWBORNS , when they
|| have gas, actually make loud audible expulsions. My tiny, tiny,
|| sweet baby put out a sound that I thought had to have come from my
|| 200+ pound husband!! My mom loves the baby, and is very respectful
|| of my wishes and supportive of my breastfeeding and has been a big
|| help, and she doesn't complain to help me, she will change a poopy
|| diaper just so I can rest.
|| Motherhood is nice........but very difficult!

Jill, that's just wonderful that new motherhood is agreeing with you so
well! I am very happy for you that things have worked out with your mother
and yourself (I found the same thing happened with my mum and I after my
first). Congrats again and I am looking forward to pics and a birth story
when you are up to it

--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Old May 14th 04, 03:39 AM
JennP

"Nancy P" wrote in message

I just wanted to say, if your milk doesn't come in
today to seek help (from a lactation consultant, your midwife, your
pediatrician, or something). Is she dirtying diapers?

Why? It's not unusual for milk to take up to five days to come in.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old May 14th 04, 12:24 PM
Sue

I'm glad you have relaxed Jill. I must say I was worried about you ;o).
Congratulations and I'm glad things are going well for you.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

. com...