FAO-- Carol Ann!

Old May 13th 04, 05:47 PM
Jill

Default FAO-- Carol Ann!

When I have time I will be watching for your posts. My baby seems a lot like
Morgan in regards to her wanting the breast, and crying for hours- I can't
figure out how to get her to stop crying but the breast always works and she
can want it 24/7.

I am not having any problems, I am not sore (yet!) but my milk hasn't come
in yet either, it should today. SO far I am still recovering and people will
help but my first week alone with her I realize I will not be able to put
her down without her wailing inconsolably.....which, when I get back to her
and let her nurse, will stop instantly.

How is it going with Morgan?? Also, my husband has made me want to punch
him....he's gone all Dadzilla and is helping but his kind of help is making
my nerves rattle. He's Dadzilla, I'm telling you....trying to worry me to
death over everything. *I* am calm now, what happened to him????? *I* would
normally be the nervous one.

:-)

Hope Morgan and Mommy are doing well.

Jill

Old May 13th 04, 08:38 PM
Marie

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Try this book, "The Happiest Baby on the Block", by Dr. Karp. It's excellent
and can be a lifesaver for the first several weeks. I suggest you check it
out.

Marie

Old May 13th 04, 10:10 PM
Plissken

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...
When I have time I will be watching for your posts. My baby seems a lot

like
Morgan in regards to her wanting the breast, and crying for hours- I can't
figure out how to get her to stop crying but the breast always works and

she
can want it 24/7.

Maybe she is allergic to something you are eating, have you tried an
elimination diet?

Old May 13th 04, 10:44 PM
Fer

Plissken wrote:
|| "Jill" wrote in message
|| . com...
||| When I have time I will be watching for your posts. My baby seems a
||| lot like Morgan in regards to her wanting the breast, and crying
||| for hours- I can't figure out how to get her to stop crying but the
||| breast always works and she can want it 24/7.
|| Maybe she is allergic to something you are eating, have you tried an
|| elimination diet?

An elimation diet after only three days of colostrum and no milk yet?
Just curious, I've never had to deal with eliminating.

--?

Jenn
-On bedrest due to PE
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Old May 13th 04, 11:42 PM
Carol Ann

Try this book, "The Happiest Baby on the Block", by Dr. Karp. It's
excellent
and can be a lifesaver for the first several weeks. I suggest you check it
out.

Marie

Jill,

I have a copy of this book if you would like to have it. I've passed it on
to one mother already. I found the Dr. Sears Baby Book extremely helpful,
too!!!

I read it when I have my few mins to eat (amazing how much I can shovel in
in such a short time span).

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/299ot ---Pictures of Morgan

Old May 13th 04, 11:43 PM
Carol Ann

[...]

I'm so excited for you!! I will write more shortly. I sent you my telephone
numbers.

Old May 13th 04, 11:50 PM
Carol Ann

When I have time I will be watching for your posts. My baby seems a lot
like
Morgan in regards to her wanting the breast, and crying for hours- I can't
figure out how to get her to stop crying but the breast always works and

she
can want it 24/7.

Oh yea, that's what does it for me. The way I figure it, Morgan seems to
ONLY cry when she wants to eat. She doesn't get wet for very long before I
change her diaper and I keep a close eye on the burping, and other air
expressions to try to curtail the gas pains.

So, she gets to be on me allot! I don't mind it most days. I just need a
few moments to myself now and again. Now that my mother has been given the
greenlight to at least hold Morgan, I'm freed up a bit.

Another wonderful benefit to breastfeeding is that when you have to go
somewhere you just feed Rachel until she's full and she sleeps and sleeps
from the sedative effect of the hind milk! Morgan does!

I've learned to time it. Last nite I had dinner with my father and his
family and she didn't cry once! Today, same thing!! Amazing. Of course I
DID wind up breastfeeding her in the car on the way home and once in
Parisians.

I am not having any problems, I am not sore (yet!) but my milk hasn't come
in yet either, it should today. SO far I am still recovering and people

will
help but my first week alone with her I realize I will not be able to put
her down without her wailing inconsolably.....which, when I get back to

her
and let her nurse, will stop instantly.

Because my milk took a few more days to come in (either a side effect of a
cesarean or the breast implants, I can't remember), and Morgan was wailing
in the hospital, I did have the nurse give her ONE capful of formula to hold
her over until the next day when my milk finally began to come in.

How is it going with Morgan??

Much better, now that I have accepted that I will be available at her beck
and call. (sp?)

Also, my husband has made me want to punch
him....he's gone all Dadzilla and is helping but his kind of help is

making
my nerves rattle. He's Dadzilla, I'm telling you....trying to worry me to
death over everything. *I* am calm now, what happened to him????? *I*

would
normally be the nervous one.

You never know how you are going to react until you are faced with the
situation.

You are a great mom, Jill. I look forward to reading more and more stories
about your experiences with Rachel! I love that name!! Darn!!

:-)

Hope Morgan and Mommy are doing well.

Thanks! Get sleep!!

Jill

Old May 14th 04, 12:15 AM
Plissken

"Fer" wrote in message
Plissken wrote:
|| "Jill" wrote in message
|| . com...
||| When I have time I will be watching for your posts. My baby seems a
||| lot like Morgan in regards to her wanting the breast, and crying
||| for hours- I can't figure out how to get her to stop crying but the
||| breast always works and she can want it 24/7.
|| Maybe she is allergic to something you are eating, have you tried an
|| elimination diet?

An elimation diet after only three days of colostrum and no milk yet?
Just curious, I've never had to deal with eliminating.

Oops! Should have read the post more thoroughly! )

Old May 14th 04, 12:32 AM
Donna

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...

I am not having any problems, I am not sore (yet!) but my milk hasn't

come
in yet either, it should today. SO far I am still recovering and people

will
help but my first week alone with her I realize I will not be able to

put
her down without her wailing inconsolably.....which, when I get back to

her
and let her nurse, will stop instantly.

Hey Jill!

I'm so glad things are working for you. It's so nice to read your
posts.

Hey, my milk didn't come in until the 3rd or 4th day either. Don't worry.
Donna

Old May 14th 04, 01:03 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Carol Ann wrote:

I read it when I have my few mins to eat (amazing how much I can shovel in
in such a short time span).

That's the true mark of motherhood ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Article by Carol Ummel Lindquist, Ph.D. - Happily Married with Kids Jane Smith General 0 July 27th 04 02:17 PM
Update on Carol Ann Dagny Pregnancy 29 March 29th 04 04:04 AM
carol ann ???????? Anne Rogers Pregnancy 0 March 26th 04 09:30 AM
attn NAN and CAROL ANN little one Pregnancy 5 February 17th 04 03:42 AM
Vaccination is NOT immunization/Breastfeeding *is* immunization! Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 30 October 6th 03 09:16 PM