just venting a bit

Old July 26th 04, 12:54 PM
Stormlady

Default just venting a bit

Well I found out on Saturday that my boyfriends brother and his "fiance" are
also expecting. This just annoys the h*ll out of me so much. DB and I even
held off telling his family till we were at least 3 months because we knew
the brother and fiance are monkey see monkey gotta have type people. The
fiance especially. Last year I was off work for 6-8 weeks with very bad
carpal tunnel syndrome, wearing a splint 24/7 and in quite a bit of pain
from it, well guess who even had to get that. I mean, if you want carpal
tunnel because I have it, well go ahead because I could do without it, ha ha
.. Even his mother said to him (the brother) when we told them all, that it
had better not be contageous. Well Surprise!! I guess it was contageous
after all. I don't care so much that they are having a baby, but it is just
that they are only pregnant because we are. Can't have us with something
they don't have. At least we are not still living at home mooching off the
parents, who I am sure are not going to have a baby in their house waking
them up at all hours when they are trying to sleep. They are saying it was
an accident but no one will believe that for an instant, not when the mother
even said to them that it had better not be contageous because she knows
that they are like that. These people were even using two forms of birth
control, hormonal and barrier so how the H*ll can it be an acident.

I am especially annoyed that it was just Canada day at a family bbq that
this girl announced to the whole extended family that "I'm not having kids
yet, I want to enjoy my life" implying that DB and I were ruining our life
by having a child, a much anticipated and planned for child that took 5
months to conceive. I almost bit my tongue off that day to not make a
sarcastic reply, and now to find out that she was even pregnant when she
said it. AAArrrggghhhhh!!!!!

These are not children either, to be acting in this way, he is 25 and she is
28. Way to old to be still living with his parents I think. Now they said
they are moving out, but they have been saying that for the past 2 years and
have not left yet. The parents don't know yet, just me and DB but since
they can't keep a secret I'm sure the parents will know soon. And I'm sure
they won't be happy about it as neither one of the two have got their sh*t
together yet to raise a child. I just hope she has to good sense to look
after herself and quit smoking, tobacco and pot, and eat healthy because I'm
not sure that she does. I guess really it is none of my business but I
don't want to see anything bad happen to her baby because she hasn't grown
up yet, I really hope this wakes her up a bit and she matures more.
Actually it seems like she was more mature at 23 than she is now. She has
actually gotten more irresponsible than the reverse.

Her parents are very religious too, so I am guessing this will go over like
a lead balloon with them. Maybe now they will finally get married, courtesy
of her parents. :-)

Anyway, that's enough of a rant, if you have read it all, congrats!! ha ha

Old July 26th 04, 06:32 PM
Tori M.

I have to admit one of the deciding factors I had for having more children
was that everyone my age that I know got pregnant at the same time. I have
been wanting anouther for a while but just convinced DH that we should try
for #2.. It was tax season.. you know how tax credits get to a mans brains
durring tax times. I concieved before the forms where mailed

It must be annoying that she seems to keep "catching" what you have though.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old July 31st 04, 04:31 AM
Kaybee

I feel for you...I had a similar problem when Hubby and I were trying to
conceive Eva. So I can feel for you. I wish you the best of luck

Kay
Mommy to Eva 9/02/02 and one on the way 1/05

Old August 15th 04, 03:06 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Stormlady
writes

(Meant to answer this when it was first posted - just realised I
didn't!)

Well I found out on Saturday that my boyfriends brother and his
"fiance" are also expecting. This just annoys the h*ll out of me so
much. DB and I even held off telling his family till we were at least
3 months because we knew the brother and fiance are monkey see monkey
gotta have type people.

[...]
[...]

You know, while I can quite believe that (sadly) there are people who'd
get pregnant just because someone they know was getting pregnant, and
while it does sound as if these two are probably the sort of person who
would do that - I'm not so sure that that was what happened in this
case. If this woman _knew_ she was trying for a baby in order to do
things the way you were doing, why would she go round saying things that
put such a negative slant on pregnancy? People who care so much about
what's going on in other people's minds and lives that they have to have
everything another person has, don't want to _look_ as if they're doing
this - and they _certainly_ don't want to look as if they're idiots who
can't plan their lives. If this woman was saying these things, then I
suspect that the baby was a genuine accident (and, yes, nothing's
foolproof - maybe she managed to forget her pill and have a condom
leak).

Just my 2c. Either way - don't let it get you down!

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley
Old August 16th 04, 02:44 AM
Stormlady

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message
[...]

Hey,

I'm all over my PO'edness with this situation and I am hoping that she
starts to take care of herself soon, since she is probably about 3 months
along now and still smoking. They haven't told the family yet, I guess
because they are still living with the family. Although they are actually
trying to get a place of their own, which actually kind of surprised me. I
guess they want to be set up on their own before they tell.

I have to say though, that the reason she would go around saying things to
put a negative slant on pregnancy is because she does not like for me to be
getting the attention. People are now asking how I am feeling and generally
being concerned. MIL is buying things for the baby and giving to me. That
type of thing, and it eats her up. It's because I am pregnant and people
are paying attention to me, not her, that pregnancy is a negative thing.
She is one of those people that when others are around she is super helpful
and syrupy sweet to everyone, but when no one is around, she can hardly get
off the couch and puts her garbage under it so no one can see. (it's true,
chip bags under the couch) It is like her way of saying that it doesn't
bother her that I am pregnant when really it is eating her up. Before I got
pregnant, she was always saying that she wanted to have children, but then
when I am pregnant, she wants to enjoy life and I am ruining mine. WTF??

Trust me though, they already look like idiots who can't plan their life.
Without going into details, they are both living at his home, with not
enough credit left to buy a candy bar. He's managed to hold down a job for
over a year and she's just in a new position for 3 months. They do a lot of
job switching.

Who knows, maybe the baby will be a wake up call that it is time to start
being responsible adults. Like I said I am over my PO'edness (even though
this post doesn't really sound like it does it? ha ha) and I hope
everything works out for them.

Stupid doctor (venting) Zaz Pregnancy 11 July 6th 04 09:20 PM
Venting about O/B (long) Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 24 December 1st 03 05:34 PM