Meeting new friends

Old June 30th 03, 02:20 AM

Default Meeting new friends

In ,
Rachel Richard typed:
Thanks to all of you who answered my "needing help" message. I am very
grateful.Like I said I am new to this and just trying to meet new
people whom I can be friends with and have adult conversation with. I
am 33 years old and have 1 son. I live in Louisiana and work in the
hospital field. You get to meet people there but most don't care or
understand what you goes in anyone else's lives. I hope to hear from
all of you again. It is nice to be able to communicate with people
who have or are going through the same things, or similar, as me.
Again thanks for the advice all of you gave---

Rachel

Hi Rachel. Again, welcome to the group. What part of the hospital field do
you work in? I am a nurse, no longer working in the hospital setting. I
work for Hospice now, and am out in the community. I enjoy my work much
more now, as I get to spend more quality time with my patients, and the
families. I am 31 and have 1 son, aged 12. Glad you found us, and find our
friends here.

More on me; I have not yet heard about the new position I applied for, but I
am not going to hold my breath for it. There are many other changes going
on right now, there should be even more opportunites available. I wish my
pain would go away completely, but I fear that is not to be the case.
Things are not shaping up as nicely as I thought. I have strength in my arm
and hand, which is a must, but still have pain, sometimes worse than others.
I can't go through my day on medication, as I drive quite a bit in my work.
Anyone have any suggestions for non medicine pain relief, that is portable
and can be used in a vehicle? I don't ask for much do I? LOL

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Old July 1st 03, 02:04 AM
Rachel Richard

Hey Betsy,
I work in the admitting office at my hospital. I have been there
for 4 years now and most of the time it is great. There are the ups and
downs but that is with any job. Good luck on the job you have applied
for. I had thought about nursing a long time ago but then I got pregnant
and the doctor told me with me being diabetic that the road of pregnancy
could get rough so I was not able to go to school at that time and now
it seems I just can't get the time. I don't want my son to suffer
anymore but I want a better life for him also. Does that make sense? I
hope so. I pray that your pain will ease up and go away but I don't know
of any in vechile relief forms. Have a great night and will hopefully
talk to you soon---

Rachel

Old July 1st 03, 03:01 AM

In ,
Rachel Richard typed:
Hey Betsy,
I work in the admitting office at my hospital. I have been there
for 4 years now and most of the time it is great. There are the ups
and downs but that is with any job. Good luck on the job you have
applied for. I had thought about nursing a long time ago but then I
got pregnant and the doctor told me with me being diabetic that the
road of pregnancy could get rough so I was not able to go to school
at that time and now it seems I just can't get the time. I don't want
my son to suffer anymore but I want a better life for him also. Does
that make sense? I hope so. I pray that your pain will ease up and go
away but I don't know of any in vechile relief forms. Have a great
night and will hopefully talk to you soon---

Rachel

Hey Rachel,

You said you are diabetic. Was that just while pregnant? I am diabetic,
diagnosed at 22 years old. I now control my blood sugars with the insulin
pump. It's wonderful. Hope all is going well with you.

Betsy