Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

Old May 7th 07, 01:47 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
R. Steve Walz

Default Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

MA Metsfan wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:
HiC wrote:
I do substituting in public schools. I get the impression that teens
seem different today. Besides the whole pants around the ass,
shuffling ghetto attitude, I'm struck by the attitude and comportment
of a large number of teen girls - what nasty, surly, outright
malevolent pieces of work so many of them are. They dress like
hookers, use "mother****er" as casual speech, etc..

I wrote up a couple of the little princesses the other day. One for
repeated language issues, and she not only absolutely denied it - even
after going on a swearing binge when I advised her she was getting a
referral - but I overheard her telling her friends "This is ****in'
bull****, I'm gonna tell them he touched me". I wrote a follow-up
note to the administration advising them of this. Supposedly this
girl's parents are attorneys, she's not some trailer-park kid. Very
disturbing that their minds run in that direction - their first
instinct is to lie and lash out rather than take responsibility for
their behavior.

---------------------
If you write up ANYBODY for THEIR SPEECH, I hope you DIE!!
We need to DESTROY your kind of **** for this to become America again!!
You deserve ANYTHING those girls can do to you.
ANYTHING!
Steve

So let's see. You're OK with the kid being blatantly disrespectful,

-----------------
ABSO-****ING-LUTELY!! That is the very thrust of free speech!!!

not
to mention threatening the teacher's livelihood and actual freedom.

------------------
ANYONE who tries to infringe the right of free speech should be KILLED!
Doing anything lesser to them is CHARITY!

believe that accusing someone of abuse is, in most states, only one step
down from actually performing the abuse.

--------------------
Nobody cares. This fight is WARFARE!

And you, in your sick mind, also threaten the teacher.

---------------------
You have the sick mind, you threaten human freedom!

If you're a teacher, it's no wonder that so
many kids are so screwed up... You, sir, are a sick *******.

-----------------------
No, you're the sick piece of ****, offending against Human Rights!
Steve
Old May 7th 07, 01:47 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education
R. Steve Walz

The Ranger wrote:

MA Metsfan wrote in message
to R. Steve Walz banal
braying:
[snip forgettable text]

Walz is the braying jackass of aps. No one there takes him
seriously so please don't feed him outside that 'froup.

------------------
Eat **** and die, you whiney little cowardly liar.
Steve
Old May 7th 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
SumBuny

HiC wrote:

[...]

Interesting...considering that in the student handbook, disrespect to
school
personnel is considered an offense in the handbook, and vulgar words are
considered suspendable offenses...students are specifically instructed on
this, and cannot claim ignorance of the fact--they are given warnings,
and
then in school suspensions before out of school suspensions...

----------------------------
And YOU deserve anything YOU get TOO, you anti-free piece of ****!!

Free Clue: Do they have such rules in junior college? NO! And yet
they have no appreciable problem with "law and order". Therefore,
why such a rule? Think about it and learn!!

Interesting that you would compare a school that students do not have a
right to attend to for free (i.e. a college that they must pay tuition for
as an adult) to one that they do (i.e. public school education). Yes, this
is the same idea that means that students are to be provided with an
education at taxpayer expense. But nothing states where they must attend
it, and nothing guarantees them the right to verbally harrass anyone while
they do so.

Oh, and FWIW, I just checked with my university handbook, and it
specifically states in its regulations under "Freedom of Speech and
Assemblies"
The on-campus exercise of public expression and assembly by students and
faculty shall be in accordance with the guidelines set forth herein:

(1) Responsibility - Each speaker shall be fully responsible for any
violation of Federal and State law or University regulation committed by
him.

(2) Scheduled Assembly and Public Expression - Areas on the campus, except
for the assembly area designated on the campus map must be scheduled for
organized assemblies and public expression in the Office of Student

Activities.

(5) Noninterference with University Operation - In order that assemblies and
public expression, scheduled and

unscheduled, not interfere with the operation of the University or the
rights of others, they shall not, for example:

(a) Obstruct vehicular, bicycle, pedestrian, or other traffic;

(b) Obstruct entrances or exits to buildings or driveways;

(c) Interfere with University operation inside or outside any buildings;

Students are allowed to have freedom of speech, and may assemble...but
nothing allows them to verbally abuse fellow students, staff, or faculty
(that could be in violation of federal and/or state laws). You ask if there
are any rules in colleges? I would suggest you go to your nearest college
and *ask*...you might be surprised--your privilages to attend could depend
on how you behave there.

My "free clue" to you--you need to behave like an adult there as well...
--
Buny
--Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be

Old May 7th 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
R. Steve Walz

HiC wrote:

[...]

Abso-****ing-lutely! How else can the uneducated become employable
than through publically sponsored education?? Not doing so is like
expecting someone to lift themselves into the air by their belt!

But nothing states where they must attend
it, and nothing guarantees them the right to verbally harrass anyone while
they do so.

-----------------------
We are all equal and free citizens, and we may disagree about what
harrassment is. Harrassment in law is 1) following someone around so
that they can't escape you, and 2) repeating your opinion beyond the
initial exprfession of it merely for purposes of offense. It is NOT
any use of "questionable speech", which doesn't exist in law in the
USA.

[...]

That's just "public" expression. NOT personal private expression, which
is NOT infringed!

The appropriateness of public expression to groups
is governed by the uses of the venue according to officers of the
organization representing its public ownership.

And here ends the kind of wording found in such "handbooks".

Students are allowed to have freedom of speech, and may assemble...but
nothing allows them to verbally abuse fellow students, staff, or faculty

-----------------
Now you're inventing wording, the previous was obviously from the
Handbook, the rest YOU added was not and in fact CONTRADICTS IT!!

Whassamattah you little ****wad? Couldn't you find what you had
HOPED TO FIND in that Handbook?? Hmmmm?

If they enforced a condemnation of any one kind of PRIVATE PERSONAL
speech and not another they would be in violation not only of a
couple Amendments to the Constitution, but ALSO be eminently
ACTIONABLE in civil court!!

(that could be in violation of federal and/or state laws).

-------------
No. It isn't. You know that, which is why you're desperately shading
the truth here.

You ask if there are any rules in colleges?

---------------
No! I DIDN'T ask, and that's because I ALREADY KNOW!

Having had such illegalities used on our people in the '60's
in the SDS and Committe to End the War has prepared me well for
this kind of question!

Colleges and other such institutions for ADULTS are DEFINITELY
restricted by the Constitional guarantees of Free Speech!!
They may NOT infringe it in a way different from any other
public organ of government in American society.

I would suggest you go to your nearest college
and *ask*...you might be surprised--your privilages to attend could depend
on how you behave there.

---------------------
My "privilege" there would depend solely on my matriculation, and
not on the content of my personal speech to another that was not
disruptive by its venue and NOT for its content!
Steve
Old May 7th 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
nimue

R. Steve Walz wrote:
nimue wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:
HiC wrote:

[...]

Really? Well, what would you suggest a teacher do when he hears,
say, a boy calling a girl a dick-sucking little **** in front of the
class? Think we should just let that go?

---------------------------
Yes. That *IS* what we have to do when we hear adults do that.
It's just not any of your ****ing business!

We need to DESTROY your kind of **** for this to become America
again!!

Tell me, is it all right for girls to falsely accuse a teacher of
molesting them in this dream America of yours?

----------------
In the warfare of fighting for freedom of speech, sure. Wouldn't you?

Do you think making up false
accusations is a good way to handle what you see as issues with
freedom of speech?

-------------------
Since we shot people dead for those freedoms, I see no problem with
such a lesser measure. In fact I think we should shoot people again!

You deserve ANYTHING those girls can do to you.
ANYTHING!

Oh, well, then I guess you do. So, you think that when the boy is
disciplined for calling the girl a dick-sucking little ****, he
should handle the situation by immediately accusing the teacher of
molesting him, right?

-------------------------
Yes! The offender is a criminal! They deserve ANYTHING to
punish them!

No one has the right to infringe on his right to free speech,
no matter how aggregious another thinks that speech might be.

The only right a group endeavor has over individual speech is
to exclude someone who interrupts the group meeting in a manner
that exceeds other interruptions that the group has tolerated,
without regard for its subjective content!
Steve

Okay, so you are completely out of your mind.

--
nimue

"Let your freak-flag fly, and if someone doesn't get you, move on."
Drew Barrymore

Old May 7th 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Steve Daniels

On Sun, 6 May 2007 21:22:49 -0400, against all advice, something
compelled "nimue" , to say:

R. Steve Walz wrote:

Okay, so you are completely out of your mind.

It's a troll. And not even an amusing one.
--

Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old May 7th 07, 03:31 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Knit Chic

"HiC" wrote in message
ups.com...
I do substituting in public schools. I get the impression that teens
seem different today. Besides the whole pants around the ass,
shuffling ghetto attitude, I'm struck by the attitude and comportment
of a large number of teen girls - what nasty, surly, outright
malevolent pieces of work so many of them are. They dress like
hookers, use "mother****er" as casual speech, etc..

I wrote up a couple of the little princesses the other day. One for
repeated language issues, and she not only absolutely denied it - even
after going on a swearing binge when I advised her she was getting a
referral - but I overheard her telling her friends "This is ****in'
bull****, I'm gonna tell them he touched me". I wrote a follow-up
note to the administration advising them of this. Supposedly this
girl's parents are attorneys,

she's not some trailer-park kid.

W/ this type of statement ... I don't blame the kids for not respecting you.

Very
disturbing that their minds run in that direction - their first
instinct is to lie and lash out rather than take responsibility for
their behavior.

Another went on a "**** you mutha****in asshole" etc. etc. tirade as
she was leaving the room with a referral.

Yep, sugar and spice....

While it's not every kid, this kind of behavior isn't at all rare. And
this isn't some inner-city school, it's a suburban area in Florida.
They do it with administrators too. I have to wonder how do they go
through 9 - 12 years of the school system with the idea that it's okay
to behave this way?

Old May 7th 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Don K

No, you're going beyond what I said.

Sometimes common sense takes precedence over blind obedience to rules that may
be imperfectly crafted or not applicable in all situations.

When fleeing the waters of a tsunami wave, I'm not going to stop at the red traffic
light and wait for it to turn green.

Anyway, what I said was that I'd *rather* go thru the red light to flee the tsunami
than worry about whether I violated the traffic laws.

Don

"Rowley" wrote in message
So.... an adult that doesn't worry about technicalities.... just so long as he gets what
he wants. And we wonder why children display that same tendency to argue about rules.

Martin

Don K wrote:
Actually most states and the federal law require only one party consent for
recording conversations.

But in this case the stated intent is to record your own teaching methods not
conversations. Any nearby conversation within audio range that gets recorded
is just coincidental and unintentional.

Personally I'd rather have hard exculpatory evidence when facing
fabricated charges than worry about technicalities which are arguable.

Don

"Rowley" wrote in message

Keep in mind - that it's against the law in some (most?) states to do audio recording
without the permission / knowledge of all parties.

Martin

Don K wrote:

"HiC" wrote in message
egroups.com...

[...]

I suggest you keep a mp3 voice recorder in your shirt pocket running
while you teach your classes, just to help you "optimize" your lesson
presentations. . A side benefit will be that if some unfounded accusations
are made, you will have proof they are bogus and may even be able to seek
damages from the parents.

For instance, you can buy a Sandisk Sansa 1GB mp3 player/recorder/fm radio
for under 50 bucks.
http://base.google.com/base/a/105398...91574347547350

Don

Old May 7th 07, 03:45 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
HiC

On May 6, 2:42 pm, Steve Daniels wrote:

Wow.

A flasher, a bit of turkey feather, *and* a treble hook.

Don't you think that's a bit of overkill there, dude?

If you've ever seen his rantings before, he's apparently the result of
some psychotropic drug trial gone bad. This clown would be all for
orgies between the teen girls and the teachers, adminstration,
janitors, etc.

What would be hilarious would be for him to actually live in the kind
of world he thinks he wants. The irony is, he wouldn't survive 24
hours, the savages would be picking their teeth with his bones before
the sun set.

Old May 7th 07, 06:05 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
toto

On Sun, 06 May 2007 19:35:27 -0400, MA Metsfan
wrote:

If you're a teacher, it's no wonder that so many kids are
so screwed up..

Steve is not a teacher.

http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Youtube soft porn made by teens for teens Greegor Spanking 30 November 25th 06 03:25 AM
same as "bad attitude", but different jojo General 36 May 14th 05 06:15 PM
Bad Attitude! Chookie General 1 May 10th 05 03:24 PM