3 year birthday present ideas?

Old June 24th 04, 03:41 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default 3 year birthday present ideas?

Irene wrote:

What am I missing? Just about the only thing I can think of is a
taller basketball hoop. Or, more vehicles - but that's just more of
the same, as far as I'm concerned. Or books & videos.

Any ideas?

Give him the gift of time. Take him somewhere
special for a day. Take lots of pictures. Make a photo
album or scrapbook afterwards so he can go back and look
at it.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 24th 04, 04:11 PM
Penny Gaines

Irene wrote in :

Ds will be turning 3 in a few weeks, and I have no idea what to get
him, not to mention giving ideas to relatives (who are starting to ask
- I don't suggest gifts to people who aren't asking!) It seems like

[snip]

What about a scooter, like Po in the Teletubbies. Have you got duplo?

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old June 24th 04, 04:28 PM
Nikki

Big hits with my 3yo:

The kids basketball hoop - lots of fun for him.
Golf clubs
Bike
Tent w/sleeping bag and *flashlight*
Fishing pole with tiny tackle box
Doctors kit (we added ace bandages etc.)
Lunch box w/strap - no kidding, lol.
Water toys/play
Tool box
Videos/computer games.
Plant and grow their own flower or herb. Mint smells great and you can eat
it!

Hunter really liked a bug box and magnifying thingy but Luke not so much.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old June 24th 04, 04:32 PM
Lil Nicky's Mom

Look for second-hand ones in your area. You can sometimes find a really
excellent condition used one for a fraction of the price of a new one. Metal
sets are cheaper if budget is an issue, and they usually have a slide and
different swings in the same set. I don't know whereabout you're located,
but I've seen the Little Tikes 8-in-1 climber at Costco for $285CAD. Toys r
Us just had a price slash on all their metal swing/slide sets. Walmart is a
good place to look as well.
Good luck!

Bessie

"Irene" wrote in message
om...
"Lil Nicky's Mom" wrote in message

How about a nice wooden train set and a train table?

That was included in the "vehicles" category that he already has. ;-)
Well, not the table - we have a big rug in the basement which is the
area for layouts.

Or if you have a big
backyard and planning to spend a considerable amount on the present, get

him
a Little Tikes 8-in-1 climber. It would be nice to have your boy spend

most
of his summer outside, that way, he won't be making a mess inside the

house.

A swingset/climbing set is definitely something I'd like to get him,
if it were in the budget. :-( We almost got one as part of a deal
with a client, but it seems to have fallen through...But if enough
people pay us before his birthday, maybe we'll go for it! g

Just a suggestion.

Thanks!

Bessie

"Irene" wrote in message
om...
Ds will be turning 3 in a few weeks, and I have no idea what to get
him, not to mention giving ideas to relatives (who are starting to ask
- I don't suggest gifts to people who aren't asking!) It seems like
he has most things already, and since we've already been letting him
play with things with small pieces, I'm not sure what else gets to be
a new thing. He's got a tricycle (ok at it, but has a hard time on
the gentle slopes that are like hills to him). He's got a sandbox and
oodles of toys for it, bats & balls of all types, toy vehicles of all
types it seems, an easel and related art stuff, a toy kitchen, blocks.
Little People - lots of those. (Probably tons more things I'm
missing) He hates dressup.

What am I missing? Just about the only thing I can think of is a
taller basketball hoop. Or, more vehicles - but that's just more of
the same, as far as I'm concerned. Or books & videos.

Any ideas?

Irene

Old June 24th 04, 06:20 PM
Mary W.

Irene wrote:

Another good idea. I keep forgetting - dh really wanted to get him
his own computer to bang on, though again, that is out for budget
reasons. :-(

Emma uses my laptop and is pretty good with it. We've got a
USB mouse (really small one, fits her hand perfectly) that
I plug in for her, the touch pad seems kind of hard for her
to figure out. I have to remind her not to play with the
screen but other than that, she treats it well.

Mary

Old June 24th 04, 07:22 PM
Rosalie B.

I asked my dd#3 what to give her dd for her 3rd bday. This is what
she answered.

She's started playing computer games so you could do something like that. She likes Dora, Nemo and Clifford. We have some Blues clues, Sesame Street, I Spy, and Reader Rabbit games. I saw a Pajama Sam game that looks like it might be good for her - It's about thunder and lightning. We have the one about darkness and the one about food.

Other ideas: She likes puzzles. Her favorite color is orange. She would probably like one of those lacing toys or something like that.

grandma Rosalie
Old June 25th 04, 05:21 AM
Irene

"Sophie" wrote in message ...
[...]

Train, trains, and more trains for my sons.

Got plenty of those! Actually, things that fly are also very popular
with him right now - I just found spacetoys.com, for toy space
shuttles & posters, etc. I may direct a few people there...I just
emailed dh with the link - that may have been a dangerous move! g

Irene
Old June 25th 04, 05:41 AM
Irene

"Nikki" wrote in message ...
Big hits with my 3yo:

The kids basketball hoop - lots of fun for him.

Yup - need the taller one. The little one is perfect for the basement
playroom - can't have it any taller there!

Golf clubs

Got em

Bike

I think we'll wait another year...he still needs a bit of help on the
trike.

Tent w/sleeping bag and *flashlight*

He's got a bear flashlight that growls - that was a big hit present
from dcp at the holidays. He's also got a pop-up tent. We have been
talking about going camping - his own sleeping bag is a good idea.
Duh!

Fishing pole with tiny tackle box

Good call - he likes those, doesn't have one. Unless they are given
away at the party he's going to this weekend - that's the planned
game. (They were in the room when we delivered the neighbor's
invitation)

Doctors kit (we added ace bandages etc.)

Another good call!

Lunch box w/strap - no kidding, lol.

I'm not sure if he'd know what one is.

Water toys/play
Tool box

Another good thought!

Videos/computer games.

Still thinking on this one. We do a few online things.

Plant and grow their own flower or herb. Mint smells great and you can eat
it!

He sometimes "helps" me in the garden - watering seems to be his
favorite activity. A bit overzealous, naturally!

Hunter really liked a bug box and magnifying thingy but Luke not so much.

Hmmm...not sure if that would be a hit or not. No shortage of bugs,
at least!

Great ideas, Nikki! I bet our boys would have lots of fun together!

Irene