technical question O.T.

Old October 4th 05, 03:41 AM
Kim

"CME" wrote in message
news:75_%e.323309$on1.51283@clgrps13...

"Jus' me" wrote in message

"Bev" wrote ...

asked my older daughter to let me use hers and she said something about
an eye patch, a hook, and a jail cell ?

Can I tell Ya a secret?

all the bestest software today can be had for free... 'Legally'

want an Office Suite?

www.openoffice.org

its a 64mb download (so you really need Broadband... or a download
manager)

Google is your friend

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ffice+software

I don't mean to be rude but who are you? I'm not a fan of taking PC
advice from virtual strangers. Then again, I tend to know what I'm
doing... Bev here does not.

So Bev if you still need some help, email me or send me your MSN and I can
walk you through it.

Christine

Actually a legit copy can be had by all -- it's a trial version and it can
be found on the microsoft web age... It will get you over the hump if
nothing else -- and you can always uninstall and reinstall the trial as time
gets down to it requiring activation...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx click on the pretty link
and download the standard edition

Old October 4th 05, 03:44 AM
Kim

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tiffany wrote:

If you don't find it, just have a friend burn it on a disk off their pc
and
transfer it back to yours.

Hey Tiff, Well I tried getting my oldest to send me hers and she called
me a Pirate ! LOL! If I did have a friend....yeah I have one and she
were to burn it for me is that different than just using the original
CD and will I still be a pirate? looking innocent Bev

Hmmmmmmm Actually what version is it? Certain versions are allowed to be
'shared' with a certain amount of computers -- MS office 2003 for students
and teachers can actually be put on 3 computers... So it's not actually
pirating...

JAT

Old October 4th 05, 03:45 AM
Kim

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tiffany wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tiffany wrote:

If you don't find it, just have a friend burn it on a disk off their
pc
and
transfer it back to yours.

Hey Tiff, Well I tried getting my oldest to send me hers and she
called
me a Pirate ! LOL! If I did have a friend....yeah I have one and
she
were to burn it for me is that different than just using the original
CD and will I still be a pirate? looking innocent Bev

I don't know about the ethics, probably because I don't care. You bought
it,
so its not like you never paid for it. I suppose you have to figure if
its
'illegal' or not. lol

Driving away from the pump after I fill my tank is unethical too, but
just as tempting! "but officer I was thinking about how to pirate
myself a copy of Microsoft word and just forgot to pay for the gas"
rofl! oh yeah ! cuffed

No....driving away from the pump without paying is out-right stealing.
Burning a copy of something you already own is another story. Just my
opinion. If you never owned it, I would say its stealing.

Just so you know.... the agencies that crack down on piracy aren't to
concerned about one person burning a copy for themselves. Its those that
burn copies and resell them at high volume.

She's 100% correct

Old October 4th 05, 04:26 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:16:05 +0100, "Jus' me" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote ...

I'm pretty sure he's a virtual non-stranger, usta post more than he has
and had a different nick then but you'd probably recognise the old nick
if you were here then. Confused? ME TOO!

Whoa...

You are *Good*...

LOL Dirty thoughts on that one...

well... yeah. :-)

Hi 'Kate ! How you?

Doing ok. Still picking up tree branches in the yard. You'd think it was
a huge yard but it's not. I'm just not all that excited about getting
things done these days.

snip
... Kate, ummmm... it was the ... that ... gave ... me ... away wasnt it?
.... heh!

LOL! Remember the days when we had nothing but ....?
Nice to see you. How're you and the kids doing? They must both be teens
now?

Thanks for helping too.

So who is this mystery man? Is it Zorro?!

Christine

Old October 4th 05, 06:44 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:26:50 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

So who is this mystery man? Is it Zorro?!

Nope. 20 questions? :-)

It's up to him... he tends to be mysterious at times but as far as I
know, he doesn't bite.

Pity, that.

'Kate

Was he before my time?

Christine

Old October 4th 05, 11:20 AM
Kim

Default technical question O.T.

"CME" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:26:50 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

So who is this mystery man? Is it Zorro?!

Nope. 20 questions? :-)

It's up to him... he tends to be mysterious at times but as far as I
know, he doesn't bite.

Pity, that.

'Kate

Was he before my time?

Christine I'll keep score... That's TWO... 18 more to go *grin*

Old October 4th 05, 06:04 PM
Jus' me

"'Kate" wrote ...

after

CME wrote ...

So who is this mystery man? Is it Zorro?!

Hi Ho Silver Awaaa........ no wait

thats not it....

A sword...I need a sword... aint got one, will a butter knife do?

Nope. 20 questions? :-)

ooooh goodie I like quizzes,,, do we win a prize? ( A sword mebbe...
swish!)

It's up to him... he tends to be mysterious at times

who?...MOI?... au contraire....

I is just Shy... I is...

but as far as I
know, he doesn't bite.

Grrooowwwwllllll....

Pity, that.

oh bugger... now I'm blushing...

Heh... now that we've gotten all the way to the bottom of this post I cant
remember what point I was gonna try and make...

I'll get me coat then...

Old October 4th 05, 11:20 PM
CME

"Jus' me" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote ...

after

CME wrote ...

So who is this mystery man? Is it Zorro?!

Hi Ho Silver Awaaa........ no wait

thats not it....

A sword...I need a sword... aint got one, will a butter knife do?

Nope. 20 questions? :-)

ooooh goodie I like quizzes,,, do we win a prize? ( A sword mebbe...
swish!)

It's up to him... he tends to be mysterious at times

who?...MOI?... au contraire....

I is just Shy... I is...

but as far as I
know, he doesn't bite.

Grrooowwwwllllll....

Pity, that.

oh bugger... now I'm blushing...

Heh... now that we've gotten all the way to the bottom of this post I cant
remember what point I was gonna try and make...

I'll get me coat then...

Are you over the pond?

Christine

(PS: This is fun! I'm so easily entertained some days.)

Old October 5th 05, 01:41 AM
Bev

Kim wrote:

I can help a bit... Try this... Go to start, run and type in 'winword' minus
the ' things... hit enter or click ok... word should open if it's
installed... Paint is actually part of your operating system... You can try
going to start and run and typing in 'mspaint' see if it opens... If you get
an error make note of it and let me know what it is...

HTH!
Kim

Kim! followed your lead in "run" didn't get it but ! "winword" in
search brought up everything! now what do I do to get these files into
shortcuts on my desktop? Bev

Old October 5th 05, 04:05 AM
Kim

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

'Kate wrote:
On 2 Oct 2005 13:13:07 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I'd trust her
Heh heh heh I am still looking seems I really don't know what I am
looking for tho, unless it says "HEY YOU Here here I am Microsoft word
click me and your troubles are over"! I probably will not know what the
heck I am looking at. I have searched and put in "word" and " microsoft
word" and found mucho files that open up in "notebook" and most of it
looks like another language to me etc but just no sure tell tale file
that is opening for me to like reactivate it or whatever you would do
if it has disapeared from existence , I just know we did have it and I
am getting the wrap for deleting it I was looking at the programs to
buy and well , we go from somethuing "complete" for 150.00 to a less
complete one for 30 bucks and I sure dont know yet what I'll do. heh I
asked my older daughter to let me use hers and she said something about
an eye patch, a hook, and a jail cell ? I have acrobat reader /writer
who knows maybe it dances too? would that get me through online
classes? Bev

go to start, settings, control panel, add or remove *programs* and see
if microsoft office is listed. if it is, click "change" and tell it to
repair itself. I'm not sure if that works without an installation disk.

Ahh yes lemme tellya what I did find via your guidance .....No
microsoft WORD but I did find Microsoft WORKS whats difference?

MS Works does have MS Word... Just go to start, run and type in "winword"
and click enter... word should open

Question #2 for Dr. Sarah Vaughan (should women have to ASK?) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 9 November 7th 04 11:03 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM