Common vitamin supplements?

Old August 5th 03, 11:00 AM
Herself

Default Common vitamin supplements?

What are the vitamin supplements that US parents give to their kids?
We're going to be in the US soon, and we're looking for a multivitamin
liquid and a calcium supplement liquid to give our 19 month old...

Thanks
--
Meself
mom to P, 23/12/01
Old August 5th 03, 11:15 AM
just me

"Herself" wrote in message
What are the vitamin supplements that US parents give to their kids?
We're going to be in the US soon, and we're looking for a multivitamin
liquid and a calcium supplement liquid to give our 19 month old...

Are you looking for brand names or the contents of various multi-vitamins?
We tend to use Centrum Children or Flintstones multi-vites for children,
depending on coupons and so on. These are chewables. Calcium is added to
so many things, like orange juice and cereals that we have never used a
calcium tablet as well.

-Aula

---

Old August 5th 03, 02:20 PM
Beth Kevles

Hi -

When my no-milk child was 19 months, he drank calcium-enriched rice milk
or soy milk. We didn't worry about other vitamins; just aimed for a
varied diet.

If you walk into any drugstore (aka chemist) such as CVS, you'll find
LOTS of different vitamin supplements. Choose the one that suits your
child. (Look at the label carefully for contents, as you don't want to
get an excess of certain vitamins, any more than you want to get too
little.) I think you can even get powdered calcium to mix into otehr
foods and drinks, although I haven't checked that the powders are
dairy-free.

Do visit my web site, which is US-based, for other ideas about what to
eat, for both you and your baby.

Welcome to the US!
--Beth Kevles

Old August 5th 03, 03:19 PM
Sue

Poly-Vi-Sol and Tri-Vi-Sol are two liquid brands that I gave when they girls
were babies.
--
Sue
mom to three girls