On the way to law school, baby on the way...

Old March 2nd 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default On the way to law school, baby on the way...

I'll start law school in August, about 2 weeks after the baby is due
(IF it's mine... she's REALLY hoping).

My undergraduate GPA was utterly laughable (2.6), but I did very well
on the LSAT and have some solid offers on the table for Law School.

But how on earth can I make it through law school if I have to make
child support payments? Are there any states that more favorable to
grad students? I need the lowest payment possible because I'm going
to have to do this all on loans.

Old March 3rd 07, 01:33 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

wrote
I'll start law school in August, about 2 weeks after the baby is due
(IF it's mine... she's REALLY hoping).
My undergraduate GPA was utterly laughable (2.6), but I did very well
on the LSAT and have some solid offers on the table for Law School.

==
Hmm...You don't know if it's your kid. Don't you have to find that out
before you start paying? You start law school in Aug. but you don't
even know where. Aren't there deadlines you're missing? You did well on the
LSAT
w/ a 2.6 gpa? How many practice tests did that take? Why is she "REALLY
hoping"
it's yours? I'da picked someone with a higher gpa.
==
But how on earth can I make it through law school if I have to make
child support payments?

==
How on earth can you make it through law school with a 2.6 gpa?
==
Are there any states that more favorable to
grad students? I need the lowest payment possible because I'm going
to have to do this all on loans.

==
I hear anyone can pass the CA bar.
==
==

Old March 3rd 07, 02:34 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

But how on earth can I make it through law school if I have to make
child support payments?

According to the people that make the laws, you committed a crime and are
liable for all costs.
You forfeited your rights when she had that child and now you have an 18
year obligation to pay what ever rates they set, despite your current
income.

Good luck, welcome to the suckers club!

Old March 3rd 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message

==
How on earth can you make it through law school with a 2.6 gpa?
==

I had a fraternity brother who went to law school after graduating with a
2.0.

Are there any states that more favorable to
grad students? I need the lowest payment possible because I'm going
to have to do this all on loans.

==
I hear anyone can pass the CA bar.
==

He is now a Superior Court judge in southern CA. He probably does his share
of family law cases.

Old March 3rd 07, 02:58 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Gini" wrote

==
How on earth can you make it through law school with a 2.6 gpa?
==

I had a fraternity brother who went to law school after graduating with a
2.0.

Are there any states that more favorable to
grad students? I need the lowest payment possible because I'm going
to have to do this all on loans.

==
I hear anyone can pass the CA bar.
==

He is now a Superior Court judge in southern CA. He probably does his
share
of family law cases.

==
See, I was right....sorta.

Old March 3rd 07, 05:49 PM posted to alt.child-support
Beverly

On 2 Mar 2007 15:48:57 -0800, wrote:

I'll start law school in August, about 2 weeks after the baby is due
(IF it's mine... she's REALLY hoping).

My undergraduate GPA was utterly laughable (2.6), but I did very well
on the LSAT and have some solid offers on the table for Law School.

But how on earth can I make it through law school if I have to make
child support payments? Are there any states that more favorable to
grad students? I need the lowest payment possible because I'm going
to have to do this all on loans.

Didn't ANYBODY warn you that sex can cause pregnancy whether you use
protection or not? And that having a child WILL change your life
forever?

Inasmuch as I commend you for planning a lucrative career path (which
would provide for the cost of a family should your education be
completed), there is no provision in the law (nor in nature) that
allows you to continue following that path while putting your
obligations on hold until you reach the point where you can handle
your obligations. You may very well have thrown your dreams out the
window for a few moments of physical pleasure.

That said, it is not yet time to despair. Be sure that DNA testing
assures that you are the baby's father before making alterations in
your life's path. Then, if you are proven to be the father, you are
going to need to help support the child either directly or indirectly.

Although I know that right now you are very concerned about how this
may impact your life, it does bother me that you are already trying to
figure out how to contribute the minimum you can toward the child's
needs. Who is responsible for taking care of any obligations not met
by your minimum contribution? Yes, we can say that the woman who has
the choices to continue this pregnancy must, but let's get real... if
you are contributing a minimal amount, chances are that TAXPAYERS
(i.e. me) will be contributing as well. Tell me, why should WE help
you get through law school?
Beverly
Old March 4th 07, 12:40 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

I'm quite aware that I may have committed a monumental fu*kup. This
needn't be discussed.

"How on earth can you make it through law school with a 2.6 gpa?"

I got a 167 on the LSAT. So far I've been accepted to Indiana and
DePaul, with 12 more apps pending. I'm going to party less.

"Who is responsible for taking care of any obligations not met by your minimum contribution? Yes"

Meh, she'll cuckold some guy, leech his entire income, and cheat on
him repeatedly because she won't respect him. She's already picked
out the guy too. Also, biodad's child support, and state aid.

"Tell me, why should WE help you get through law school?"

I'm not here to discuss the morality of my actions or the child
support system.

She told her roommates that she was trying to get pregnant. She was
dropping out of school for the second time, and daddy was going to
stop sending $7,000 checks every semester for living expenses.

choice quotes:
"I think I'm gonna get knocked up soon."
"I always saw myself as a single mom."
"I don't want him dead, I need him alive for child support."

She's a succubus, and I have absolutely no reservations about working
the system to minimize my losses. I think I'll pursue a joint degree
and stay in academia another year. I also think I'll join the
military as a JAG officer, and make substantially less income than I'd
be capable of in the private sector. After 20 years of that, I'll
have a massive pension (and hopefully a PhD) and I'll live quite
nicely off of a professor's salary.

Old March 4th 07, 12:52 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

If it were about the KID and not her own selfish desire to be a
mother, she'd put it up for adoption and it would have more
opportunities. She's a pot head who's going nowhere and wanted to
bring a child into her world. I have no interest in any kind of life
with her, and feel no moral obligation towards her crotchling. If
itests prove that it shares genetic material with me, I'm out some
money. Oh well.

Old March 4th 07, 04:10 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

wrote
I'm quite aware that I may have committed a monumental fu*kup. This
needn't be discussed.

==
You kidding? We thrive on this kind of crap.
==

"Tell me, why should WE help you get through law school?"

I'm not here to discuss the morality of my actions or the child
support system.

==
Heh, this isn't a one way street. We get to talk about anything we want to
and there isn't
a dang thing you can do about it.
==
She told her roommates that she was trying to get pregnant. She was
dropping out of school for the second time, and daddy was going to
stop sending $7,000 checks every semester for living expenses.

choice quotes:
"I think I'm gonna get knocked up soon."
"I always saw myself as a single mom."
"I don't want him dead, I need him alive for child support."

She's a succubus, and I have absolutely no reservations about working
the system to minimize my losses.

==
Well, you chose to bed with this woman, I presume?
==

Old March 4th 07, 07:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Gini" wrote in message

wrote
I'm quite aware that I may have committed a monumental fu*kup. This
needn't be discussed.

==
You kidding? We thrive on this kind of crap.
==

"Tell me, why should WE help you get through law school?"

I'm not here to discuss the morality of my actions or the child
support system.

==
Heh, this isn't a one way street. We get to talk about anything we want to
and there isn't
a dang thing you can do about it.
==

chuckle Ya gotta wonder what he expected to get from the group.

She told her roommates that she was trying to get pregnant. She was
dropping out of school for the second time, and daddy was going to
stop sending $7,000 checks every semester for living expenses.

choice quotes:
"I think I'm gonna get knocked up soon."
"I always saw myself as a single mom."
"I don't want him dead, I need him alive for child support."

She's a succubus, and I have absolutely no reservations about working
the system to minimize my losses.

==
Well, you chose to bed with this woman, I presume?
==

Well, he does say he is going to "party less." He's gonna be a great lawyer
some day, you know. chuckle