On the way to law school, baby on the way...

Old March 5th 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.child-support
Animal05

Default On the way to law school, baby on the way...

Gini wrote:

"Animal05" wrote in message

Gini wrote:

wrote

2. She will take you to court.

There's a very good chance it's not mine.

3. You will be ordered to pay at least (and I do mean at least) what
ever the statutory guideline is for the state the suit is filed in. In
Illinois for example, for one child, it is 22% of your NET pay.

Good to know. Wisconsin it's 17% and Indiana it's 15.6%. Gotta check
Minnesota. There's got to be minimums I'm working with though,
because my pay will effectively be zero.

==
The controlling jurisdiction is where the baby lives.
Seems like you should have known that.

Seems he is going to get schooled prior to getting into a program.

==
Hope he has a plan B

He could increase is employment possibilites by learning the following
phrases.

1.Paper of Plastic?
2.Would you like to super size that order?

Old March 5th 07, 03:58 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Mar 4, 9:04�pm, wrote:
2. She will take you to court.

There's a very good chance it's not mine.

3. You will be ordered to pay at least (and I do mean at least) what
ever the statutory guideline is for the state the suit is filed in. In
Illinois for example, for one child, it is 22% of your NET pay.

Good to know. *Wisconsin it's 17% and Indiana it's 15.6%. *Gotta check
Minnesota. * There's got to be minimums I'm working with though,
because my pay will effectively be zero.

Dude, you are assuming all the ambitions are going to happen. You will graduate law school, JAG, etc. You better have a plan if it does not.

I'm graduating law school. *The rest of the plan is negotiable.

And to close, you know, yuo don't have to love the mother to love the
child. That little baby will want to know his/her Daddy. Your attitude
is pretty ****ed up.

It'll have someone to call Dad. *It doesn't matter that it isn't me.

Actually, you are wrong. If your net monthly income is over $1000 per
month, Minnesota is 24% for one child. It's a graduated scale based
upon total income. Your number for Indiana is GROSS income, not NET
income. Significant difference. But the differetn states you mention
don't matter. The only state that matters is the state where the suit
is filed, and that is typically the state and county where the mother
lives. Where you personally are has no bearing.

Also, you will be nailed for child care (at least 50%). My 4 year
old's child care is $800 a month. I forgot to mention that. She can
send the kid to the "Harvard" of days cares and there is nothing you
can do about it.

An FYI, $1000 a month is below povery level. Unlikely for a lawyer.
Unless you are dead and buried, but even dead lawyers seem to be able
to make more than that..haha

If you claim zero income (or even diminished income), the judge will
"impute" your income. This is the RULE, not the EXCEPTION. I'm sure
you know what that means but if you don't, he will see a college grad
with a law degree. Being a judge, I think he will have a pretty good
idea of your earnings potential as a lawyer, and use the law degree
and determine what a lawyer in the private sector can earn per year
and base your support payment on that, regardless if you make that or
not. If you are in the armed forces, it's not zero. By the way, paying
back your student loans are your problem. Those have no bearing on
your ability to pay child support. And if your income is zero, how
can you pay back your loans? Dude, you are seriously naive when it
comes to this ****.

You are going to pay MUCH more than you even imagine. Much much more.
And you will do it for 18+ years. Dude, you better lose the attitude,
because if you go into court with this attitude, the judge is
basically going to bitch sap you.

Does everyone agree with me?

Old March 5th 07, 04:00 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Mar 4, 9:04�pm, wrote:
[...]

This is bothering me. How will your pay be "zero"? Even people on
welfare have incomes greater than zero. Dude, you seem to think you
can beat a system that is unbeatable. You can do it but millions upon
millions of other fathers can't? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old March 5th 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Mar 4, 9:46�pm, "teachrmama" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

First of all, the fact that you are *choosing* not to work right now in
favor of continuing your education will not sway the courts one whit. *And
if you *don't* pay the minimum they impute to you, you are leaving yourself
open to all sorts of fun things, sich as revoction of your driver's license
and even jail. *And you better do a little checking to see if you will even
be able to be admitted to the bar if you are in default on child support--if
you get too far behind, it is now a felony. *Check it out.

If you really do not want to be in this child's life, and another man really
wants to be, maybe he will ask you to sign away your parental rights so he
can adopt the child. *That is the only way you can get out of this totally
free. *So you'd better hope that your opinion of the mother of this child
isn't shared by everyone she meets.

that is a good point teacher...in Illinois, an attorney who is in
default on CS cannot practice..anyone with any kind of professional
license will lose it..in addition to your drivers license. My guess is
you cannt take the Bar if you are in default. I am assuming but what
would be the point of taking it if it cant be used.

Frie- You are a young guy full of **** and vinegar. You need to
understand your life is seriously more f-up'ed than you think it is.
And even more so because you want nothing to do with your child.
Someone said hopefully, the "new" Dad will want to adopt. It takes a
loving mature man to do that and hopfully, for the good of your kid,
you girlfriend/whatever finds someone like that. You might want to
enroll her in Match.com or eHarmonry or something to get the ball
rolling..hahahahaha

Your innocent child derserves better.

Old March 5th 07, 04:11 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Mar 4, 5:01?pm, "teachrmama" wrote:
wrote in message

Hopefully, the military will be checking out your attitude toward your child
when they evaluate you for JAG.

Sorry, I was under the imppression he was already a JAG.....

Old March 5th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.child-support
Beverly

On 4 Mar 2007 19:58:07 -0800, "Relayer" wrote:

You are going to pay MUCH more than you even imagine. Much much more.
And you will do it for 18+ years. Dude, you better lose the attitude,
because if you go into court with this attitude, the judge is
basically going to bitch sap you.

Does everyone agree with me?

I believe his attitude will cause the judge to be QUITE kind to the
mother.
Beverly
Old March 5th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
Mr. Anonymous

"Beverly" wrote in message
On 2 Mar 2007 15:48:57 -0800, wrote:

I'll start law school in August, about 2 weeks after the baby is due
(IF it's mine... she's REALLY hoping).

My undergraduate GPA was utterly laughable (2.6), but I did very well
on the LSAT and have some solid offers on the table for Law School.

But how on earth can I make it through law school if I have to make
child support payments? Are there any states that more favorable to
grad students? I need the lowest payment possible because I'm going
to have to do this all on loans.

Didn't ANYBODY warn you that sex can cause pregnancy whether you use
protection or not? And that having a child WILL change your life
forever?

Inasmuch as I commend you for planning a lucrative career path (which
would provide for the cost of a family should your education be
completed), there is no provision in the law (nor in nature) that
allows you to continue following that path while putting your
obligations on hold until you reach the point where you can handle
your obligations. You may very well have thrown your dreams out the
window for a few moments of physical pleasure.

That said, it is not yet time to despair. Be sure that DNA testing
assures that you are the baby's father before making alterations in
your life's path. Then, if you are proven to be the father, you are
going to need to help support the child either directly or indirectly.

Although I know that right now you are very concerned about how this
may impact your life, it does bother me that you are already trying to
figure out how to contribute the minimum you can toward the child's
needs. Who is responsible for taking care of any obligations not met
by your minimum contribution? Yes, we can say that the woman who has
the choices to continue this pregnancy must, but let's get real... if
you are contributing a minimal amount, chances are that TAXPAYERS
(i.e. me) will be contributing as well. Tell me, why should WE help
you get through law school?

Let's see now. He can pass law school while we help for a little while. Or
he can flip burgers his whole life and we can help all the child's life. Is
that good enough reason? I saw we should be HELPING such fathers make the
best of themselves and get them out of the poor cycle.

Think McFly!! Think!!

Beverly

--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention
Old March 5th 07, 09:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
Mr. Anonymous

Sue for custody and child her child support.

With her drug habit, you're sure to win.

wrote in message
oups.com...
If it were about the KID and not her own selfish desire to be a
mother, she'd put it up for adoption and it would have more
opportunities. She's a pot head who's going nowhere and wanted to
bring a child into her world. I have no interest in any kind of life
with her, and feel no moral obligation towards her crotchling. If
itests prove that it shares genetic material with me, I'm out some
money. Oh well.

Old March 6th 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
Beverly

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:43:40 -0700, "Mr. Anonymous"
wrote:

"Beverly" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I AM thinking. He wants an easy road at my (taxpayer) expense. Who
said he can't go to school while working to deal with his obligations?
I went to school AND provided for myself and WELL more than half of my
children's needs... and I did all that comes with actually RAISING
children. He won't have it half as hard since he wants nothing to do
with his child.
Beverly
Old March 6th 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

In my state, joint custody is almost always awarded barring gross
neglect or abuse.

Her pot-smoking constitutes neither. Though I could call the
department of health and family services, because she's "smoking for
two" right now. I've talked to a family lawyer at a free legal
clinic, and he said I'd pretty much be limited to "weekend dad,"
because she'll have all the time in the world (what with state aid, no
school, and my CS).

And if it comes to that, frankly, I'd rather not see the job of
parenting she's doing. She can't even take care of herself.