Cloth diaper question

Old June 25th 08, 08:43 AM posted to misc.kids
NL

Default Cloth diaper question

xkatx schrieb:
"NL" wrote in message
xkatx schrieb:

I'm trying to picture what you're explaining.
Are these like a version of a regular fitted diaper?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7801778...7605785152130/

There you go, including folding instructions ;-)

cu
nicole

That's kind of what I have going on, although mine don't look so great and
I've found that hemming right around the edges to hold it together better
(and give it a proper shape that stays) is best done on the inside of the
elastic that I put in.
Still in the trial and error stage, but with your pictures, I have a few
ideas as well now!

My mum sewed them with her serger and we used a medium thick "molton"
fabric. I think choosing a fabric that has no stretch is important, and
the thicker the better, except they make molton that's 2mm thick and
that would probably be too thick. We used two layers of the molton and
the elastic goes between the layers.
Would you like some links to tutorials I've found back when we made ours?

cu
nicole
Old June 26th 08, 03:55 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"xkatx" wrote in message
Lately, though, she's been saying poop. And grabbing at her bottom, and
when I check, she has a clean diaper so off to the potty we go - where
she'll sit until the cows come home and nothing happens but as soon as
that diaper (or panties or training pants) go on, in those is where she'll
go.
I've been putting some effort in, but it's just a bit hard for me to
constantly do the stairs to the potty.

The stairs part is easy. Put a potty on each level.

No advice regarding the pooping, except that DD did first only learned to
pee in the potty. I let her have a diaper at night and for naps and she
pooped then. Didn't bother me, though. I was just glad she got the pee
part so easily. Eventually, she got the pooping part down on her own.

Old June 26th 08, 04:52 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

"toypup" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message
Lately, though, she's been saying poop. And grabbing at her bottom, and
when I check, she has a clean diaper so off to the potty we go - where
she'll sit until the cows come home and nothing happens but as soon as
that diaper (or panties or training pants) go on, in those is where
she'll go.
I've been putting some effort in, but it's just a bit hard for me to
constantly do the stairs to the potty.

The stairs part is easy. Put a potty on each level.

We do have this - one up in the bathroom and one near the living room. I
run into the problem of it not having anywhere to go when not in use and it
gets played with. We already have one partially broken potty seat. I still
have to go up to the bathroom to empty the potty out if it is used, but
every so often it's not a huge deal, I suppose...

No advice regarding the pooping, except that DD did first only learned to
pee in the potty. I let her have a diaper at night and for naps and she
pooped then. Didn't bother me, though. I was just glad she got the pee
part so easily. Eventually, she got the pooping part down on her own.

I remember DS did that... Peed all the time first before anything else.
DD1 doesn't even really seem to want to pee on the potty, nevermind taking
it to the next step lol
I'm not in a huge rush and I haven't really been pushing her hard with it.
It seems that the average, normal child will be potty trained and will at
their own time.
I've also heard that generally boys are tougher than girls - pfft... DS was
a breeze!

Another cloth diaper question... xkatx Breastfeeding 15 May 15th 06 12:22 PM
Cloth Diaper Questions Nikki Pregnancy 13 February 22nd 06 05:11 PM
Cloth diaper question [email protected] Pregnancy 8 May 20th 05 08:06 PM
cloth swim diaper? Kim E General 25 January 13th 05 02:59 AM
Cloth diaper question Elizabeth H Bonesteel Pregnancy 17 August 4th 04 09:35 PM