I think I figured out the sleep problem...

Old December 10th 08, 03:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default I think I figured out the sleep problem...

I might have moaned and complained about this a while back - actually, I'm
sure I did.
DD1 and her sleeping. In the spring, she started getting up with the birds.
Literally. As soon as the sun was up, she was up. Mid-spring and then all
through the summer, she was sometimes up by about 530-6am. I thought it was
the light and got some of that blackout material and nailed it across the
window, thinking that might help.
Joke was on me because it sure did NOT help. She was still up at the crack
of dawn and being a royal pain - waking DD2 up, destroying the room.

I tried everything from changing nap time around to putting her to bed
later, but regardless of what I did, she was still up with the sun.

The other day, she missed her afternoon nap. I know DS was completely done
napping by about 2 or so. He just didn't need to nap and was fine when he
stopped napping during the day. DD1, OTOH, does NOT seem to be alright if
she misses her naps still, at 3. Come early evening, maybe around 430-5 or
so, she gets downright miserable. Nasty, whining, tired, cranky, causing
trouble, melting down, basically it's hell. If she misses her nap, we all
pay the price and all suffer dearly. No joke.

When she missed her actual nap the other day, she was passing out in the van
when we were out. I don't remember what time that was, but I'd guess maybe
around 3ish in the afternoon, maybe 230.
She slept in the van, and when home, I brought her up to her bed and she
stayed sleeping for about an hour or two at the most before I woke her up.
I think this might be the trick.

She DOES still need to nap, but I think napping her a bit later - even
putting her down fairly late in the afternoon until just before supper - is
the trick. We start getting ready for bed around 730 and she's in bed by 8.
The girls both kind of screw around for a little - usually about half an
hour - and then they're both fast asleep. The last couple of days, I've
been trying this later nap thing, and shorter nap thing, and putting her to
bed at the normal time. Wouldn't you know - it's 20 after 8 and it's still
quiet up there! Yesterday both girls were sleeping until well after 830.

Knock on wood, however, but this seems like it might be the trick!

Old December 10th 08, 05:38 PM posted to misc.kids
NL

Kat wrote:

Knock on wood, however, but this seems like it might be the trick!

OMG I have my fingers crossed for you! Sleep is my big issue. I'm just
not a fully functioning individual without enough sleep and for me that
means at least 8 hours and you can guess how often I get that ;-)

cu
nicole

Finally, we've figured out some solutions for our son's asthma richstewart General 0 July 2nd 07 01:41 AM
Sleep problem in 3-4 year old [email protected] General 9 June 1st 05 04:25 AM
Sleep problem in 3-4 year old [email protected] General 4 June 1st 05 04:01 AM
4/5 yo sleep problem KD General 4 July 20th 04 09:33 PM
the opposite of everyone else's sleep problem Stephanie and Tim Breastfeeding 5 December 10th 03 02:34 PM