Dinner!

Old September 25th 06, 04:29 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default Dinner!

Earlier this evening, I made a great dinner!

I picked up a small pork roast a while back and tossed it in the freezer. I
pulled it out a few days ago to thaw out in the fridge, but that evening it
was still frozen in the middle, so I made something else. This morning,
though, I noticed it was still almost solid in the middle, so I tossed it on
the counter. Hooray for it being thawed out for supper...
I, as always, had to call my mom and ask the same questions... How long to
cook it, what temp, when to put the potatos and carrots in, and so on.
She told me about 30 mins per lb, and this was about a pound or so, so salt,
pepper, season it whatever way, toss it in the oven, covered, at 350F with
some water. Turn it over after about half an hour, drain the juices out of
it (for gravy) and toss the carrots and potatos in. It seems, though, that
every time I've attempted a roast, it gets so darn dried out - today,
though, I put in a bit more water than the little bit I normally put in...
Boy was it actually tender and juicy today!

B made an attempt at seconds, A had seconds and so did I. I might even heat
a plate up in a bit for a small snack, or maybe a nice cold roast sandwich
and heat what's left up for supper tomorrow (as per B's request earlier
today)

Good supper, I actually ate a lot, and although this is pointless, I felt
the need to share. It was a good, healthy meal that didn't take too long,
and it was cheap. I think I paid like $5 for the roast, as it was on sale
when I bought it last week Not to mention it's still good for another
meal and a snack or two lol

Old September 25th 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

xkatx wrote:
[...]

mmmmmmm I love a good pork roast ! Sounds like you have the" how to
"prepare figured out, congrats!

How are you these days Kat? Getting ready for the new delivery I
see..... I read about the preparations you have been making. I returned
from Texas on the 19th and left again on the 21st-24th for a camping
trip with Mari and Jaime...my daughter and her friend bailed out last
minute on us ;-( they lost out as far as I am concerned ! We had a
really wonderful time, camping on the beach, we have some great
pictures of the wild ponies and we went down to the boardwalk in Ocean
City one night, definately doing this again next year! This trip was
too short! I'll update my moms story in another post........
Bev

Old September 25th 06, 11:04 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...

xkatx wrote:
[...]

Well..............
I do try. That counts, right?

How are you these days Kat? Getting ready for the new delivery I
see..... I read about the preparations you have been making.

Ugh. Some days.....
I've come down with some sort of a cold or something. I can't stop
sneezing, and the coughing is so bad that I get all the grossness in my
mouth, then I keep coughing after that and cough until I nearly vomit, and
then I pee myself just a bit. lol
I probably mentioned it elsewhere a little while ago, but on Wednesday I
still have to go to the hospital for this ultrasound, and some other things,
so just imagine me NOT jumping up and down for joy. 5 weeks, I think, to
go? Something like that... And that's assuming all goes well.
I have been so darn tired lately. I'm back to the sleeping issues. I
thought I was doing great being in bed before midnight for a little while,
and actually falling asleep when I went to bed, but not it seems, once
again, I toss and turn for HOURS. I then have REALLY creepy and strange
dreams the last few days or so. That doesn't seem to help much at all.
I have my car parked in a back, hiding parking lot as of late, late
Wednesday night. Bran wasn't too impressed with that, as he has to walk a
whole extra 3 yards to the car lol - at least he's not the one that has to
carry the baby those whopping 3 yards! Imagine putting up with that on top
of everything else lol My mom is now coming here in the morning to pick
Bran up and take him down the block to wait for the school bus - my mom
works down the block from where we live anyways, and is driving by at that
time to go to work, so she's not going at all out of her way or changing her
schedule around at all. It sure saves me from getting Amie up every morning
to pack her all up and walk down the block to the school bus. I haven't
seen Donna (Norm's mom) drive by at all, as I haven't been out at the bus
stop, nor have I stuck around to wave when I know she drives by. I know
Norm's call is in the very near future, so I'm not really looking forward to
that. He'll have exhaused all his freeload options real soon, and really, I
don't care or want to hear about it from him.
I really feel like running the shower on real hot, sitting down and just
relaxing for a while. Brandon wants ice cream, and he's been bugging me
about it for so long that I'm about ready to strangle his scrawny little
neck! Either that or put HIM in an ice cream bucket and in the freezer lol
But, all in all, everything's been going along just fine. Nothing really
interesting or new, I don't think. B's doing fine in school, and my mom
picked him up a new pair of pants and a shirt last Monday... My aunt bought
him some of those longjohn underwear pyjamas LAST weekend, and they were an
army camo material, and he wore them last Saturday night and then last
Sunday, absolutely REFUSED to take them off and get dressed in the morning.
It was Sunday so I said whatever, wear your underwear around all day for all
I care. Then last Monday my mom came by with a pair of pants and a shirt -
camo as well - and he wore that outfit on Tuesday. My mom picked him up for
the bus that morning and told him how cool the clothes looked. Then again
he wore them on Wednesday. The pants were still clean, but good luck for a
5 year old keeping his shirt clean - it was filthy, so I sent him back
upstairs to change his shirt, which he didn't. I told him whatever, do what
you want, look like a hobo and passed up on that fight before it started.
My mom picked him up Wednesday morning for the bus and noticed how dirty his
shirt was and he went upstairs with her to pick out a new shirt! Ugh. I
did manage getting him into something different on Thursday AND Friday I
did laundry basically all day on Friday, and I packed those army camo pants
and shirt up since we were supposed to go for pictures on Saturday
afternoon. Didn't go since my aunt was sick, so rescheduled for tomorrow.
I'm going to get portraits of Amie by herself and then a second package of
Brandon and Amie together. Saw no point in B just alone as he JUST had
school pictures the other day. Plus, I want the kids together more than
alone. I think then in a month or two, we'll all go back and get family
pictures done - with me, B and A, and this next baby, although I'm not sure
how on earth I'm going to manage with A, who needs a lap of some sort, AND a
newborn! Oh well. It will be interesting at least!
Anyways, I have no idea what on earth I'm going on about anymore. I should
probably grab that kid some ice cream to shut him up about that part, or
I'll end up hanging him from his toes from the ceiling right away! LOL

I returned
from Texas on the 19th and left again on the 21st-24th for a camping
trip with Mari and Jaime...my daughter and her friend bailed out last
minute on us ;-( they lost out as far as I am concerned ! We had a
really wonderful time, camping on the beach, we have some great
pictures of the wild ponies and we went down to the boardwalk in Ocean
City one night, definately doing this again next year! This trip was
too short!

Ooh! I loooove camping!! We went in July the day after my birthday, and it
was great! So much fun. I didn't get to go last summer (my parents were
not alright with the idea of me being so close due with A, and if something
came up when we were there, no one but my parents were able to drive my
car - legally and properly, as my aunt and uncle both cannot drive standard,
Norm has no license, and yea, it was just kind of a bad scene for me to go,
so N and I had a full week of no B when he went camping with them) I have
quite a few pics from when we went camping this summer as well. I just got
them developed and when I feel more energetic (or maybe bored?) I'll do more
pages in the scrapbooks.
Camping is ALWAYS fun. I would never pass up on a camping trip, especially
on a beach or near one!

I'll update my moms story in another post........
Bev

Oh, I hope things are alright! Do keep us updated on it!

Old September 26th 06, 01:18 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
Yum. You make me want to cook again even after the wedding cooking. That
was soooo freeking hard.

Ok,ok,ok relax........its over , the cooking is done everything was
wonderful, next one I'll do the cooking for ya! ;-)

Wedding pics are slowly going up on the website.

http://home.houston.rr.com/replikate/wedding.htm

oooooo the pics ! I was there already but not many were showing at the
time.
Bev
'Kate

Old September 26th 06, 03:04 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"'Kate" wrote in message
Yum. You make me want to cook again even after the wedding cooking. That
was soooo freeking hard.

Haha! But well worth it, right?

Wedding pics are slowly going up on the website.

http://home.houston.rr.com/replikate/wedding.htm

'Kate

I had a few problems with a couple random images, buuut... I *love* that one
picture 'weddingparty.jpg' - where the camera looks above everyone and
everyone's lined up along the path. For some reason, I think that's such a
beautiful picture!

Old September 26th 06, 07:24 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

xkatx wrote:
snipped

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...

Bev wrote:

mmmmmmm I love a good pork roast ! Sounds like you have the" how to
"prepare figured out, congrats!

Well..............
I do try. That counts, right?

Trying is what is most important as far as I am concerned! Yes ma'am
that counts!

How are you these days Kat? Getting ready for the new delivery I
see..... I read about the preparations you have been making.

Ugh. Some days.....
I've come down with some sort of a cold or something. I can't stop
sneezing, and the coughing is so bad that I get all the grossness in my
mouth, then I keep coughing after that and cough until I nearly vomit, and
then I pee myself just a bit. lol

hmmmm....... I pee myself just a bit without a cough or cold , taking a
water pill again because another medication I am taking for my ****head
knees is making me retain lots of water in my feet and ankles now. I am
not liking this over forty thing at all......

I probably mentioned it elsewhere a little while ago, but on Wednesday I
still have to go to the hospital for this ultrasound, and some other things,
so just imagine me NOT jumping up and down for joy. 5 weeks, I think, to
go? Something like that... And that's assuming all goes well.

I hope all is o.k. for you and baby, we just had an ultrasound done
and" Lilli anne Rose" is developing nicely, she is breach right now so
another ultrasound will be done to make sure she changes this position
before birth.

I have been so darn tired lately. I'm back to the sleeping issues. I
thought I was doing great being in bed before midnight for a little while,
and actually falling asleep when I went to bed, but not it seems, once
again, I toss and turn for HOURS. I then have REALLY creepy and strange
dreams the last few days or so. That doesn't seem to help much at all.

Insomnia is a really annoying problem, I understand your pain. This has
been a chronic ailment in our family, try not drinking or eating
anything with caffeine or sugar like three hours before bedtime.You
probably can not take melatonin pregnant, I am not sure maybe ask your
OBGYN about it. I know later in my pregnancies I didn't sleep well just
because ya know?

I have my car parked in a back, hiding parking lot as of late, late
Wednesday night. Bran wasn't too impressed with that, as he has to walk a
whole extra 3 yards to the car lol - at least he's not the one that has to
carry the baby those whopping 3 yards! Imagine putting up with that on top
of everything else lol My mom is now coming here in the morning to pick
Bran up and take him down the block to wait for the school bus - my mom
works down the block from where we live anyways, and is driving by at that
time to go to work, so she's not going at all out of her way or changing her
schedule around at all. It sure saves me from getting Amie up every morning
to pack her all up and walk down the block to the school bus. I haven't
seen Donna (Norm's mom) drive by at all, as I haven't been out at the bus
stop, nor have I stuck around to wave when I know she drives by.

I am so glad to hear your mom is able to help you out like this. Having
support during difficult times really helps doesn't it? ;-)

I know Norm's call is in the very near future, so I'm not really looking forward to
that. He'll have exhaused all his freeload options real soon, and really, I
don't care or want to hear about it from him.

Good for you Kat, worrying about Norms problems right now is not what
you need. Stick to what you know is the right choice for yourself and
children . If Norm is going to change you'll know when that time comes.
If you haven't moved on by then he will be a lucky man!

[...]

Some days Kat you just have to laugh out loud , I mean a real belly
laugh and walk away ! I find I am left alone for at least 10 minutes
while they all figure out if I trully have finally lost my mind ! LOL!

My mom picked him up Wednesday morning for the bus and noticed how dirty his
shirt was and he went upstairs with her to pick out a new shirt! Ugh.

Ya gotta love how when it is someone else's idea the little darlins go
for it without any resistence but just because its mommy
[...]

So did he get the ice cream or should I come over there and remove him
from your ceiling?!?!?!?!?!

[...]

This was just what I needed , I am very attracted to the ocean, I have
many , many fond memories all my life of ocean visits. I'm not too
crazy about camping in the woods though wide eyed I am skeered, very
skeered of I dont know what LOL!!!!!!! Probably them horror flicks we
saw growing up wider eyes This was exciting , relaxing, I had a pony
when I was between 11 and 14 years old "Sparky" anyway the wild ponies
brought me back to those days, the sounds of the camp fire crackling
and the ocean, I just loved it!
Oh and please lets not forget the cowboy coffee!
yeeeeeehaaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
I have to set up some pics for ya...........

I'll update my moms story in another post........
Bev

Oh, I hope things are alright! Do keep us updated on it!

Mom has improved in her overall condition. She is currently in a
skilled nursing facility which is a glorified name for a (nursing home)
.. My sister and I looked at two places that came highly reccomended. We
chose one closer to sis's house so daily visits are not an issue. Laura
can still do her work schedule and still see mom everyday. This is a
temporary solution to mom needing daily supervision and help as well as
physical therapy to gain lung capacity and strength.Since I came home
her oxygen has been decreased to 2 and a half liters ! She is happy
with her choice to agree to go into this facility before going back
home to sis's place.

The doctors never diagnosed mom and brought in a specialist
hematologist/oncologist.
This doctor will be doing a bone marrow biopsy sometime over the next
week or two.
We were given two suspected possible illnesses moms testing is pointing
to so far, a rare condition called Castleman disease and another
multiple myeloma. Both are blood disorders/cancer. So as I wait now
back at home for mom to get a diagnosis, and plan our next journey, I
know whatever they find, each day I make a point to call mom and tell
her I love her. One day at a time!
Bev

Old September 26th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

On 26 Sep 2006 05:18:54 -0700, "Bev" the

'Kate wrote:
Yum. You make me want to cook again even after the wedding cooking. That
was soooo freeking hard.

Ok,ok,ok relax........its over , the cooking is done everything was
wonderful, next one I'll do the cooking for ya! ;-)

Wedding pics are slowly going up on the website.

http://home.houston.rr.com/replikate/wedding.htm

oooooo the pics ! I was there already but not many were showing at the
time.
Bev

I'm still working on the last two.

May we discuss the teeny, tiny, itty, bitty ,lil 'ol family pic that I
think I just may be able to see YOU are in !

Pretty outfit from what I can see with my bifocals on ! Yer such a
clown! ;-)

Old September 27th 06, 01:27 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
Yum. You make me want to cook again even after the wedding cooking. That
was soooo freeking hard.

Ok,ok,ok relax........its over , the cooking is done everything was
wonderful, next one I'll do the cooking for ya! ;-)

Wedding pics are slowly going up on the website.

http://home.houston.rr.com/replikate/wedding.htm

oooooo the pics ! I was there already but not many were showing at the
time.
Bev

I'm still working on the last two.

May we discuss the teeny, tiny, itty, bitty ,lil 'ol family pic that I
think I just may be able to see YOU are in !

Pretty outfit from what I can see with my bifocals on ! Yer such a
clown! ;-)

Actually, that's the best I can look so you see why there are so few
pics of me online. Ah, such is life.

Momma-Mia!!!! Why do you always do that ? Put yourself down like that
....if I could reach through this monitor I'd.........knock it off lady
! Besides there are as few pictures of me on the net nekkid for the
same reason grin eewwww what a sight!

CTTD: Tonight I cooked dinner... dkhedmo General 3 November 14th 05 12:05 PM
29 weeks appointment Kazh Pregnancy 41 March 10th 05 02:12 PM
"Project invites families to dinner" Mike General 0 September 4th 03 02:09 PM