baby routine tips needed please

Old November 8th 07, 10:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

Default baby routine tips needed please

Connor's sleep pattern seems to have changed over the last week and we are
now wide awake at 9pm or 11pm and 4am every night.

His usual routine for bed is -
6pm - Bath, changed for bed, feed (6 mins on breast or 4oz bottle)
7pm Asleep
10pm - Feed (breast)
1am - Feed ( breast)
4am - Feed ( breast)
6am - awake - wants to play !!
Then we start the day, feeds 3-4 hourly.

His routine over the last week has been like this -
6pm - Bath, changed for bed, feed (6 mins on breast or 4oz bottle)
7pm Asleep
8-9pm - Awake for 1-2 hours
10pm - Feed (breast)
11pm - Awake 1-2 hours
1am - Feed ( breast)
4am - Feed ( breast) & wide awake wanting to play !!

He's been very ''grumpy'' and ''not himself'' and I had put it down to
teething, but his first 2 teeth came through fine and no sign of any more.

Any advice on how to get him back in to his regualr routine and why he might
have ''changed'' his sleep pattern?

--
LG

--
Need a childminder in or around NG11 Nottingham?
http://www.freewebs.com/cliftonchildminder/index.htm

Old November 9th 07, 01:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

How old is he again? Is it possible that he needs more food than he is
getting? 6 minutes or 4 ounces doesn't seem like a lot, but that depends on
how old he is, and how big he is. If he's a week old, then that's great,
but if he's 4 months old, that could be not enough food. That would be my
first instinct.

Secondly, what are you doing at 11pm when he is awake for an hour or two,
and then again at 4am, when he is up and ready to start his day. Are you in
with him, talking to him, with the light on, etc? Does he sleep with you?
You may want to try him in his own room, so that he won't see Mommy and
think "playtime!" Then, all diaper changes and feedings need to be done in
a very un-animated way, in the dark, very perfunctory. Daytime feeds and
diaper changes and interactions should conversly be very animated and fun
and entertaining. But not at night.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_Guest1, Password:
guest
Password

Old November 9th 07, 11:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

He's 5 and a half months old.

He's won't feed more than 6 minutes or 4oz or he throws it all back up.

He's 14lb

Daytime routine includes solids, breakfast, dinner and tea.

We keep him ''in the dark'' don't speak to him just rock him and occasionaly
hum to him till he goes back to sleep.

At 4am hubbie gets up with him as he is cooing and shouting. With sharing a
room with his 2 yr old sister it keeps her awake too.

At present he and his 2 yr old sister are sharing a room with DH and I. Our
oldest DS has just moved out and DD1 has moved in to his room and DD2 is
moving in to her room next week after new carpet is fitted. DS2 won't have
his own room till DD1 moves out next year. We only have a 3 bedroom.

. ..

Old November 9th 07, 01:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

On Nov 9, 8:48 am, "Karen \(LG\)" wrote:
Daytime routine includes solids, breakfast, dinner and tea.

Sorry, but do mean you give him tea to drink?

Besides that, sometimes young children just get off track. If you have
not done anything to interrupt his normal schedule and/or if nothing
else has occurred to disrupt it then there isn't really a whole lot
you can do. You could try to cut out the rocking and occasional
humming to help him back to sleep - basically teach him to sleep on
his own. Also do not play with him when he wakes at 11pm or 4am, leave
him and let him go to sleep on his own - change him and feed him, give
him a kiss goodnight and put him back in the crib. Granted it will be
hard with your two year old there... how about moving her with her big
sister until her room is ready? I get the whole age difference and
what not, and I'm sure that DD1 will protest, but with a big family
and a small house, sometimes you just got to do what you got to do. It
may take some time for Conner to get that 4am is not play time, so
while you may have some early rises while he is fighting this fact, at
the least your DD2 will be able to sleep. Or you can leave it for
another week until DD2 gets her new room and start then, but the
longer it goes on the harder it will be to break.

-Jen

Old November 9th 07, 03:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Jen" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 9, 8:48 am, "Karen \(LG\)" wrote:
Daytime routine includes solids, breakfast, dinner and tea.

Sorry, but do mean you give him tea to drink?

I would imagine that Karen's talking about "tea" as in third meal, like
afternoon tea!
Debbie

Old November 9th 07, 04:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

On Nov 9, 12:48 pm, "Welches"
wrote:
I would imagine that Karen's talking about "tea" as in third meal, like
afternoon tea!

I'm hoping that is what she is talking about - I hate to say that I
have known people to give their babies coffee/tea at some point in the
day in a bottle. I know one person who will actually buys her 4 year
old son a small coffee at Tim Hortons every day when she picks him
from daycare... the habit started when he was about six-seven months
and he wanted some of her coffee and apparently loved it, therefore
she started getting him his own. Sick!

-Jen

Old November 9th 07, 05:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Karen (LG) wrote:
He's 5 and a half months old.

He's won't feed more than 6 minutes or 4oz or he throws it all back up.

He's 14lb

You might possibly be between a rock and a hard
place there. If he needs more food, but can't take
larger feedings, he is naturally going to have more
frequent meals, and may well choose to have them at
night. You can try to feed him more frequently during
the day in the hopes that it will cut down on the nighttime
feedings.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 9th 07, 05:51 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

At present he and his 2 yr old sister are sharing a room with DH and I. Our
oldest DS has just moved out and DD1 has moved in to his room and DD2 is
moving in to her room next week after new carpet is fitted. DS2 won't have
his own room till DD1 moves out next year. We only have a 3 bedroom.

Remember the two little ones could share a room away from you if you get
to a point where you want to move Conner out of your room, but your
oldest still at home hasn't yet gone. We've had DS and DD sharing a room
most of the time since she was 3 months old, they are now 4.5 and 2.5
and seem very happy with the arrangement. Mummy and Daddy get to sleep
together, so it can be hard for a child if they are expected to sleep
alone. We also have a 3 bedroom house and keeping the 3rd as a spare
room was part of the motivation for having them together, but seeing how
it has worked so well, I'd still do it even if was had 20 bedrooms! I
might give them each a playroom to keep their special stuff away from
the other, but still have them sleep together. DS has everything planned
out with beds for the next few years, and is excited about bunk beds not
just because he gets to go on the top when he's 6, but also because his
sister will be just below him.

Cheers
Anne

Old November 10th 07, 03:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

Tea? No not to drink, teatime - light meal.

I'll have to wait till DD2 goes in to her new room, the house is in enough
upheavel without upsetting DD1 moving little sis in with her !!

"Jen" wrote in message
ups.com...

baby tips koko Child Support 0 October 1st 07 08:25 AM
Baby Safety Tips [email protected] Pregnancy 0 July 30th 06 08:36 PM
Setting a routine advice needed kazh Pregnancy 11 February 24th 06 09:52 PM
Laundry tips needed! Jill Pregnancy 11 May 19th 04 08:26 PM
bedtime routine for 3rd baby Nevermind General 4 August 1st 03 12:18 AM