final update - ectopic

Old January 10th 08, 03:09 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

Default final update - ectopic

Thank you to all for your support thru this ordeal. I am writing from
hospital having had emergency surgery last night.

My u/s was supposed to be today, but after feeling dizzy, with a pain
in my shoulder/neck and some shortness of breath, I called the gyn who
said to come on in for an u/s - this one was clear it was tubal and
leaking. So he sent me straight over for surgery.

I am not sure of all th details yet, I think it was just beginning to
rupture when they were prepping me for surgery. Don't know if they
could save the tube, but they saved me!

Unfortunately dh is in europe at the moment but will be flying in
tonight and my neighbor is taking care of DD.

Thanks again for all the support. The whole thing was pretty scary.
Old January 10th 08, 04:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

I am so sorry this happened to you, Cjra! And glad that the worst is
over and you will be okay. Whew.

Pologirl
Old January 10th 08, 04:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

"cjra" wrote in message
Thank you to all for your support thru this ordeal. I am writing from
hospital having had emergency surgery last night.

My u/s was supposed to be today, but after feeling dizzy, with a pain
in my shoulder/neck and some shortness of breath, I called the gyn who
said to come on in for an u/s - this one was clear it was tubal and
leaking. So he sent me straight over for surgery.

I am not sure of all th details yet, I think it was just beginning to
rupture when they were prepping me for surgery. Don't know if they
could save the tube, but they saved me!

Unfortunately dh is in europe at the moment but will be flying in
tonight and my neighbor is taking care of DD.

Thanks again for all the support. The whole thing was pretty scary.

Hiya

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you went with your instincts and got
help. I hope your DH gets in soon to take care of you and your DD. I hope
all is better for you soon - I'm sorry I can't be a lot more help than that,
but I'm thinking of you.

Lucy x

Old January 10th 08, 06:09 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Mary W.

On Jan 10, 10:09 am, cjra wrote:
Thank you to all for your support thru this ordeal. I am writing from
hospital having had emergency surgery last night.

I'm so sorry for your loss and this ordeal. I hope you recover
quickly and that your DH gets home soon!

Mary W.
Old January 10th 08, 08:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

yikes, glad you followed your instincts and got help, I'm feeling
rather freaked out about what I said last week, about women dying
because ERs are discharging without appropriate follow up, good job
you got the follow up and when it came to the crunch contacted the
right person.

Hope you have a good recovery.

Cheers
Anne
Old January 10th 08, 09:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Wow. I'm glad that you listened to your body and called. I'm glad you are
okay.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_Guest1, Password:
guest
Password

Old January 11th 08, 01:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

Thanks all for the support. Not to be too dramatic but it's thanks to
groups like this and kellymom where I got lots of advice that I am
literally still alive. I probably wouldn't have thought about even
taking a pg test or that it was ectopic. My mind had skipped over
that.

Tho I think my OB was on target and didn't hesitate, he was initially
going off the report of the ER where they basically disregarded my
symptoms. I am fairly good about being an advocate for myself, but at
the same time hate to be seen as a hypochondriac and I know how
doctors roll their eyes when they hear "I read online...."

In any case, it all could have ended very badly.

Turns out the tube didn't rupture and they were able to save it. The
egg never attached. When he sliced open the tube, out popped a
"marble" (the egg mass). The tube is clear as is the other one, tho of
course I am at greater risk for an ectopic again.

I have to wait 6 months to ttc again, which at 38 seems like an
eternity, but at least I am still here!
Old January 11th 08, 04:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Jan 11, 5:56 am, cjra wrote:

Tho I think my OB was on target and didn't hesitate, he was initially
going off the report of the ER where they basically disregarded my
symptoms. I am fairly good about being an advocate for myself, but at
the same time hate to be seen as a hypochondriac and I know how
doctors roll their eyes when they hear "I read online...."

I'm so glad you persisted. It is very hard to be a good advocate for
yourself when you are ill.

In any case, it all could have ended very badly.

Turns out the tube didn't rupture and they were able to save it. The
egg never attached. When he sliced open the tube, out popped a
"marble" (the egg mass). The tube is clear as is the other one, tho of
course I am at greater risk for an ectopic again.

I'm glad that it worked out so well given the circumstances. While
you don't want another ectopic pregnancy, if it happens again, you are
much less likely to be brushed off at the emergency room.

I have to wait 6 months to ttc again, which at 38 seems like an
eternity, but at least I am still here!

I know the biological clock worries too. I had a miscarriage at 38
and it took months for my cycle to normalize enough for another
pregnancy. I now have a lovely 3 year old born since then and am
expecting another within a month, despite another miscarriage at 41
and months waiting for normal fertility to return. I hope everything
goes well and you have another. I actually think that having longer
spacing than we had planned between children has worked well for us.

--Betsy