ARGH!!! Super formula???? WTF?

Old September 29th 03, 05:02 PM
AlenasMom

Default ARGH!!! Super formula???? WTF?

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news...ormula-CR.html

This really angers me!

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003
www.maternalinstinctscanada.com
validate the email address before sending.

Old September 29th 03, 06:19 PM
Herself

AlenasMom wrote:

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news...ormula-CR.html

This really angers me!

At least they put the last paragraph in. I just hate it when they say
that they "had" to stop breastfeeding. I can't wait to see what the
others say about this eg
--
'Tis Herself
Old September 29th 03, 06:53 PM
Belphoebe

"Herself" wrote in message
AlenasMom wrote:

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news...ormula-CR.html

This really angers me!

At least they put the last paragraph in. I just hate it when they say
that they "had" to stop breastfeeding. I can't wait to see what the
others say about this eg

I know--that jumped right out to me. There was no mention as to why she
supposedly "had to stop." And how stupid is this?--

"Nathaniel's mother, Oralia Burruel, is still nursing him, but he's a big
eater. To make sure he gets full, she also gives him a few ounces a day of
the new 'super' formula."

I wish someone would explain supply and demand to this mom. If he's a big
eater, then keep nursing him! Keep giving him the "few ounces a day," and
your breasts never learn to keep up with his needs. Grrrr.

Belphoebe

Old September 29th 03, 07:53 PM
Herself

AlenasMom wrote:

I know! Isn't that annoying?!?! That's the part that drove me nuts too!

Okay, let's get all the comments together and submit it as a letter to
the editor. :-)

--
'Tis Herself
Old September 30th 03, 01:29 AM
Sue

Herself wrote in message
This really angers me!
At least they put the last paragraph in. I just hate it when they say
that they "had" to stop breastfeeding. I can't wait to see what the
others say about this eg
--
'Tis Herself

However, you have absolutely no idea why this mom had to stop breastfeeding.
It's funny to see the women on this group get their hackles up over an
article that you don't even have all the details.

In regard to the super formula, well good for them for trying making a more
superior product for the babies that are drinking it. There are some who
just may need to be on formula for one reason or another (adoption comes to
mind) even if it is mom who didn't want to breastfeed.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old September 30th 03, 01:59 AM
Sue

Dawn Lawson wrote in message
I'd care less about the babyfood industry as a whole if it wasn't such
an enormous vortex of consumerism. Buy the latest trendy formula, the
best puree'd veggies, etc etc etc. We on this group are lucky enough to
be on the group, getting the help and support we need and getting
directions for help irl. But if you're making your bfding decisions
based on what MOST moms see, it's gonna be an uphill battle all the way,
with the usual excuses for not bothering.

It does seem to be getting really creepy at all the formulas coming out. I'm
glad my baby making days are done. Well actually, it wouldn't matter if I
was done or not, I would breastfeed and I wouldn't have to worry about all
the crap they put out. My main thing is some babies require formula and I am
glad to see that they are trying to make it better for them. What's worse
though, is some brands of formula being recalled. Can you imagine how
horrible some moms feel that they chose an inferior product.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old September 30th 03, 06:50 AM
toypup

Sue wrote:

Herself wrote in message

This really angers me!
At least they put the last paragraph in. I just hate it when they say
that they "had" to stop breastfeeding. I can't wait to see what the
others say about this eg
--
'Tis Herself

However, you have absolutely no idea why this mom had to stop

breastfeeding.
It's funny to see the women on this group get their hackles up over an
article that you don't even have all the details.

It's not funny, it's sad. Not that the women here get hackled, but
because there are SO few cases where a woman really canNOT breast feed.

But that's her business. She might be one of those who really can't BF but
she shouldn't have to go into detail about her medical history just because
she tells us she can't BF.

Old September 30th 03, 08:56 AM
Herself

Sue wrote:

Herself wrote in message

This really angers me!
At least they put the last paragraph in. I just hate it when they say
that they "had" to stop breastfeeding. I can't wait to see what the
others say about this eg
--
'Tis Herself

However, you have absolutely no idea why this mom had to stop

breastfeeding.
It's funny to see the women on this group get their hackles up over an
article that you don't even have all the details.

It's not funny, it's sad. Not that the women here get hackled, but
because there are SO few cases where a woman really canNOT breast feed.

But that's her business. She might be one of those who really can't BF but
she shouldn't have to go into detail about her medical history just because
she tells us she can't BF.

Yes, it is her business. I'm just tired of seeing people who say they
had to stop bf. I know there are lots of reasons (medical, serious
nipple damage, pumping/work issues, etc)...and that's fine. I'm really
happy if people have nursed AT ALL these days. Most of my friends
haven't ("I feel like a cow"), and I get tons of excuses so that they
all feel better for stopping when they see me nursing P still.
--
'Tis Herself
Old September 30th 03, 08:56 AM
Herself

Sue wrote:

[...]

Yes, it's good that they're trying to make formula better. But it would
be better if the formula companies said "Don't use our product,
breastfeed your child, and if you can't breastfeed, then use formula".
I know they do...to a point. What I'm saying is for them to say it
loudly.

I'd be super upset if something I gave P was recalled...do you know why
the formula does, for the most part? I can't remember reasons, since I
don't pay attention to the recalls.
--
'Tis Herself
Old September 30th 03, 10:40 AM
Iuil

"Herself" wrote

I'd be super upset if something I gave P was recalled...do you know why
the formula does, for the most part? I can't remember reasons, since I
don't pay attention to the recalls.

Bacterial contamination or incorrect levels of nutrients mainly.

Jean

--
HOLLY: Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of
vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other type