NEED MORE PARTY TIPS...HELP!

Old October 17th 03, 05:05 PM
Roland Gutierrez

Default NEED MORE PARTY TIPS...HELP!

A great and fairly easy and inexpensive thing to do is to find a BIG piece
of cardboard or styrofoam, say about 3' x 2' and to draw a BIG monster or
clown face on it...one with a WIDE, GAPING mouth. Be as colorful and
creative as you can be. It doesn't necessarily have to be a scary
monster...there are "cute" monsters out there too. Anyhow, with a box
cutter or other appropriate cutting tool, cut the outline of the WIDE,
GAPING mouth out. Next, fill 3-4 old socks (NOT ones with holes in them,
though!) with some beans and tie knots on them. The game can be called
"Feed the Sock Monster" or something similar. Prop the "monster" up against
a wall, a chair, a post of some kind, etc., (I did use the styrofoam, which
I bought at a crafts store and was an inch thick and easy to prop up, as
opposed to what a piece of cardboard might be...you'll just have to get more
nifty with that) and then line the little ones up and let them have turns at
trying to feed the monster. When we did this at my triplets 4th birthday,
it was a HUGE hit! We had a big plate of small, homemade peanut butter
cookies, and every time the children fed the monster, they got fed a cookie
regardless of whether they actually "fed" the monster or not!

That's just one idea...there are countless ideas on the net if you just do a
search for "party games for kids" or "inexpensive ways to host a child's
party" or something like that. Good luck and Happy 3rd Birthday to your
Aleem & Suleyman! Oh, and by the way, I have a cousin who lives in
London...he's in the US Navy there!

Roland, Tammy, Zachary, Chase, Evan (9yo), and our 4L'd kids, Mingo & Buddy
(4yo & 2yo Keeshonden)
Chesapeake, VA

"NHA" wrote in message
.. .
Hello folks!

My boys are turning 3 on October 31st....yes that's Halloween...and the
inevitable b'day theme is Halloween. What are some of your experiences

with
entertaining 3-year olds on such a double event? I'm relatively clueless
but have figured out the need for an entertainer.

HELP!

Thank you.

Nausheen H. Anwar
Mum to Aleem & Suleyman (31-10-00)

BTW, we live in London and the Halloween stuff is not quite as exciting

here
as in the US where its celebrated with much more commercial gusto.